11? - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

11?

GaryWood34

21 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

I think what is effectively a semi-final will take precedence this time. 
I think the clubs are going to be furious about this and we’ll see an intensification of the usual calls for international football to be scrapped. 

If I were Clarke I'd tell Gemmill and Houston (I suspect the latter is the one really running the U21s) that I was adding Ryan Porteous, Ross McCrorie, Harrison Ashby, Logan Chalmers and one of either Allan Campbell or Lewis Ferguson for the senior team.

Furthermore if they make a big protest about it I'd tell them that they can always resign if they don't like it. 

The senior team must always take priority.

Just now, ErsatzThistle said:

If I were Clarke I'd tell Gemmill and Houston (I suspect the latter is the one really running the U21s) that I was adding Ryan Porteous, Ross McCrorie, Harrison Ashby, Logan Chalmers and one of either Allan Campbell or Lewis Ferguson for the senior team.

Furthermore if they make a big protest about it I'd tell them that they can always resign if they don't like it. 

The senior team must always take priority.

I don't think Gemmill would mind if he lost players to the first team.  

I would say we should only call them up if we have any intention of using them.  We aren't really struggling in any position other than right-back. 

1 hour ago, Templeton_Peck said:

Think Clarke will go with this now. 

Marshal.   

Mctominay  Cooper Gallagher

O' Donnell.  Mclean mcGregor.  Robertson

McGinn

McBurnie.   Dykes

Fraser, Shankland and Paterson to come off the bench.

Fraser has to start because armstrong and christie are out.

If clarke plays that team i wont be watching. Its got total disaster written all over it

1 hour ago, scotlad said:

There's nothing wrong with Paterson, other than he isn't a right-back!

Played right back in the two games that got us to the playoffs. If you know of a right back that could cover Bates at right central defence and allow Forrest the confidence to get forward and score goals let Clarke know. 

Probably easier to make an argument for him not being a striker. 

Marshall

Paterson Porteous Cooper taylor

Fraser fleck mctominay robertson

Mcginn

Shankland

Really could of done with more wingers in the squad, christie and Armstrong were two players who could of been placed on the wings but are gone now. 

Marshall

Paterson Porteous Cooper robertsn

Mctominay mcgregor mcginn

Fraser.   dykes.   shankland 

A 433 might be the best option considering most of our strikers are still there. 

Marshall.   

O'Donnell Cooper Gallagher Robertson

Paterson McGinn Mctominay Fraser

McBurnie.   Dykes

At least with this team we are a huge threat from set pieces with Cooper, Gallagher, Mctominay, Paterson, McBurnie and Dykes in the box. 

Also in open play Paterson would be good out ball if we have to go long from the back and also steaming in at back post when Robbo crosses. 

Edited by Templeton_Peck

35 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Fleck really hasn't kicked a ball since lockdown and it show's  why Sheffield United have barely won a point since the restart and the beginning of this season.

Stick McGregor in his place and that might just about be the best we can do

I completely forgot about McGregor 😊

3 minutes ago, Templeton_Peck said:

Marshall.                  O'Donnell Cooper Gallagher Robertson

Paterson McGinn Mctominay Fraser

McBurnie.   Dykes

At least with this team we are a huge threat from set pieces with Cooper, Gallagher, Mctominay, Paterson, McBurnie and Dykes in the box. 

Also in open play Paterson would be good out ball if we have to go long from the back and also steaming in at back post when Robbo crosses. 

Paterson is also a long throw expert. Think Clarke will be looking to exploit this, might be a bit of a secret weapon if Israel aren’t expecting him to play. 

Think Sheffield United have used this a lot recently too with McBurnie the target. 

Maybe they’ll be the subs at 60 minutes if it’s not going as hoped...

17 minutes ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

Paterson is also a long throw expert. Think Clarke will be looking to exploit this, might be a bit of a secret weapon if Israel aren’t expecting him to play. 

Think Sheffield United have used this a lot recently too with McBurnie the target. 

Maybe they’ll be the subs at 60 minutes if it’s not going as hoped...

Yes i think this definitely could be something else to exploit. Last month with better players we were barely a threat and only scored due to a pen given by a Dykes knock down from a corner. I dont mind these tactics in this one off game as its all about the result. I dont see us playing silky fitbaw and cutting through with who we have left. (Or ever really)

Biggest worries is the lack of goals scored at this level with McGinn on 7 and Robbo on 3 and then Dykes, Fraser on 1. Also 5 caps between the 2 centre halves is frightening.

Also have to do so much better at closing down their right back Dasa who put in 2 peaches of a cross including when mctominay lost Dabbur at back post in 1st half. 

Edited by Templeton_Peck

Marshall

Patterson     Porteuos     Cooper     Robertson

McGregor        McTominay        McGinn

McLean

McBurnie        Dykes

It really shows that our strength in depth is lacking when you look at the choices here. I'd be happy enough for Jack to be selected (either midfield or RB) but not sure how fit he is right now. Same concerns with Fraser, but not sure he'd fit into this shape in any case.

I think we really need to go with 2 up front. All our strikers are more used to playing in a two for their clubs and we need some presence up there. This is the first time in ages when I've felt that the personnel available supports choosing a front two.

4 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Here is to Scotland tonight.  First time I have felt a wee bit excited in a long time.

I am not that excited tbh, i think the years of failure have lowered expectations to such low levels that I don't want to get any sort of hope up.

Even if we win this game is there much chance of us beating Norway or even Serbia. 

3 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

I am not that excited tbh, i think the years of failure have lowered expectations to such low levels that I don't want to get any sort of hope up.

Even if we win this game is there much chance of us beating Norway or even Serbia. 

I know what you are saying mate.  I lost interest after not missing a game home or away for at least ten years with the club.  But even now I get that wee buzz on the morning of a game.  When we were abroad my pal Big Pete Steinlie from BASTA, Aviemore used to wake us up and shout 'Iiiiits  Maaaaaaaaatchday'  Heres to him and hopefully a win tonight.