11? - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

11?

GaryWood34

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Spot on. That is my take on it. A very throwaway term 'too much water passed under the bridge'. That says too me, for whatever reason, he is not interested. Obviously, not too old as he's still playing in the EPL.

That was the term Broadfoot used, and he said he was good pals with Bardsley. I’m trying to find Monday’s podcast but for some reason the 5th isn’t available 🤷🏻‍♂️

6 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

That was the term Broadfoot used, and he said he was good pals with Bardsley. I’m trying to find Monday’s podcast but for some reason the 5th isn’t available 🤷🏻‍♂️

Okay but this point still stands. Strachan left the job three years ago. I find it impossible to believe that three managers since then have both not explored the possibility of getting Bardsley into the side and I keep coming back to the only logical solution - he is not interested.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

2 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Okay but this point still stands. Strachan left the job three years ago. I find it impossible to believe that two managers since then have both not explored the possibility of getting Bardsley into the side and I keep coming back to the only logical solution - he is not interested.

I agree. 

13 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Marshall

Jack     Cooper     McKenna     Robertson

McTominay

McGinn          McGregor

Burke                  Dykes                  Fraser

I thought jack was out injured

3 minutes ago, Brummie Hibs said:

Dunno if it's been previosuly posted, but reports that Christie, Armstrong and Tierney are now all self-isolating.

Well that solves the Tierney or Robertson at LB debate

10 minutes ago, Brummie Hibs said:

Dunno if it's been previosuly posted, but reports that Christie, Armstrong and Tierney are now all self-isolating.

A big blow as I would have had all three in my starting line-up. However, we are pretty well covered in those areas. I would say that would rule out three at the back for me. 

11 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I thought jack was out injured

10 minutes ago, Brummie Hibs said:

I thought McKenna was injured as well. 

Both players are still in the squad with nothing official (that I've seen) to say they aren't available tomorrow. 

8 minutes ago, bigfingers said:

Just a shame we don't have a decent right back. Palmer injured?

I have no idea

pastamick's team confused the shit out of me. I know our RBs aren't the best but the solution isn;t to play a guy who hasn't played there that often and definitely not in recent matches

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I have no idea

pastamick's team confused the shit out of me. I know our RBs aren't the best but the solution isn;t to play a guy who hasn't played there that often and definitely not in recent matches

The other option is O'Donnell - who shouldn't be near the squad. 

37 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Marshall

Jack     Cooper     McKenna     Robertson

McTominay

McGinn          McGregor

Burke                  Dykes                  Fraser

Take 2...

Marshall

Jack     Cooper     Gallagher     Robertson

McGregor        McGinn        McTominay        Fraser

McBurnie        Dykes

1 minute ago, er yir macaroon said:

I’d have Ross McCrorie in the squad now. 

I wouldn't be opposed to that.

Frustratingly though, there is this attitude that has long been prevalent with our national senior team and our U21s that it's wrong to take players away from the U21s when they have a game. Many other nations do this but we don't.

Sod the U21s.  We need their players and we should take their players.

1 minute ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I wouldn't be opposed to that.

Frustratingly though, there is this attitude that has long been prevalent with our national senior team and our U21s that it's wrong to take players away from the U21s when they have a game. Many other nations do this but we don't.

Sod the U21s.  We need their players and we should take their players.

I think what is effectively a semi-final will take precedence this time. 
I think the clubs are going to be furious about this and we’ll see an intensification of the usual calls for international football to be scrapped.