Plus points tonight ? - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Plus points tonight ?

mariokempes56

1 minute ago, Taylor1996 said:

You haven't been watching closely enough.

In the past year: 5 matches unbeaten, which includes a win against Germany and the Czechs.

just read this....  This team won the euro 1982 under 18s... hardly any of them made it at international level.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/forgotten-scotland-team-won-euros-1489989

1 minute ago, Taylor1996 said:

You haven't been watching closely enough.

In the past year: 5 matches unbeaten, which includes a win against Germany and the Czechs.

I have watched closely enough(arrogant of you to suggest otherwise). The Germany game we were poor at keeping possession. We looked poor apart from a couple of nice pieces of individual skill. 

1 minute ago, Malcolm said:

just read this....  This team won the euro 1982 under 18s... hardly any of them made it at international level.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/forgotten-scotland-team-won-euros-1489989

We have had successful youth sides but nothing major ever came from them. Chripper seems to think that being great at youth level translates to senior football. It's sadly not the case, usually one or two make it and that's it. 

5 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

I have watched closely enough(arrogant of you to suggest otherwise). The Germany game we were poor at keeping possession. We looked poor apart from a couple of nice pieces of individual skill. 

Why are Scotland supporters scared of trying new things?

When new ideas are brought up, the insults come out. 

Instead of insults, why not actually contemplate and consider? This is why Scottish football is where it is.

When Guardiola came into Man City he made sure that each age group played against older and bigger players. So, city would have 13 year olds in their u14, etc. He also did this at Barcelona.

Edited by Taylor1996

Just now, mccaughey85 said:

We have had successful youth sides but nothing major ever came from them. Chripper seems to think that being great at youth level translates to senior football. It's sadly not the case, usually one or two make it and that's it. 

thats cos he doesn’t really know much about football.  I wasn’t taking the pi$$ asking him if he played.  Those of us who have know the feeling of being world beaters at your age group and then stepping up and  realising you were a big fish in a small pond.  

6 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

We’ve not had Performance Schools before, so how can you know? 

Every youth international team that’s ever played. The under 19 age group is picked from a tiny % of the population. 

Hopefully the performance schools give us three or four more players that can play internationals every year and a world class player or two. 

But we can’t expect a whole squad to take the step up and certainly can’t expect a youth team capable of beating a senior team...

Just now, Taylor1996 said:

Why are Scotland supporters scared of trying new things?

When new ideas are brought up, the insults could out. 

Instead of insults, why not actually contemplate and consider? This is why Scottish football is where it is.

When Guardiola came into Man City he made sure that each age group played against older and bigger players. So, city would have 13 year olds in their u14, etc. He also did this at Barcelona.

I am not scared of trying new things but most ppl understand that promoting half our u19s to the senior squad and expecting them to be successful is crazy talk. We should perhaps look to promote one or two, Gilmour being obvious. But you suggesting our u19s would of beaten this Czech side or any of the other sides we face is just plain daft. Scottish youth football needs overhauled and as does our whole game but our u19s and u17s are not some miracle group capable of beating senior teams. 

I am not scared of trying new things but most ppl understand that promoting half our u19s to the senior squad and expecting them to be successful is crazy talk. We should perhaps look to promote one or two, Gilmour being obvious. But you suggesting our u19s would of beaten this Czech side or any of the other sides we face is just plain daft. Scottish youth football needs overhauled and as does our whole game but our u19s and u17s are not some miracle group capable of beating senior teams. 

Watch tonight's match again and say that.

Our STRONGEST team played a team that wouldn't make the group sections of the Europa league.

Take that any way you like.

Edited by Taylor1996

4 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

I did. It was on BBC Scotland. And to say that we were poor in possession is absolute nonsense and it shows me that you didn't watch it.

Fuk me your arrogant, I usually refrain from insulting you like the rest on here but calling me a liar because you don't agree with me is low. I watched the game and we weren't great, alot of ppl think we were because of the result. We spent alot of time defending and I am pretty sure we only had a couple of attempts on goal. 

7 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Watch tonight's match again and say that.

Our STRONGEST team played a team that wouldn't make the group sections of the Europa league.

Take that any way you like.

That doesn't mean our u19s would beat them, our u19s would not beat our senior team, you thinking they could is beyond stupid. Most of our u19s will be playing Scottish Championship and league 2 in England in 6 years time. You thinking that they are able to beat senior teams is daftness. 

That doesn't mean our u19s would beat them, our u19s would not beat our senior team, you thinking they could is beyond stupid. Most of our u19s will be playing Scottish Championship and league 2 in England in 6 years time. You thinking that they are able to beat senior teams is daftness. 

You genuinely think that?

Ok. We'll see.

Enough with the insults. If you don't want to engage, don't engage. No need for the stream of insults.

Fact is, I have never known our youth teams to be of a high quality as they are now. If you want to spin that and make it into a negative. Fine. 

2 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Ok. We'll see.

Enough with the insults. If you don't want to engage, don't engage. No need for the stream of insults.

Fact is, I have never known our youth teams to be of a high quality as they are now. If you want to spin that and make it into a negative. Fine. 

When have I insulted you? I only insulted you after you called me a liar. You are far too arrogant and idiotic to realise your the one insulting me first. If you don't want to be insulted then don't call me a liar. 

4 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Ok. We'll see.

I like your optimism about our youths, and I really hope you are right. If you are, then it means we could be in for a golden generation within a few years. I say that because I genuinely think we are on the verge of a very solid squad.

An on form McTominay played in midfield is one of our best players. A fit Griffiths up front either alone or in a 2 makes the team far more potent. And whether you like him as a person or not, Fraser instantly improves the team.

You couldn't even write off a back 3 because we didn't play the correct players to test it out. 

A full squad and a few tweaks with positions and we have a competent international team. Sadly, we didn't see many positives at all the last 2 games. Fingers crossed it was due to the extraordinary circumstances we have found ourselves in in 2020.

7 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

When have I insulted you? I only insulted you after you called me a liar. You are far too arrogant and idiotic to realise your the one insulting me first. If you don't want to be insulted then don't call me a liar. 

Well,  you said that it was ridiculous that I think the u17s would beat Czech D and you called me arrogant, even before I suggested that you didn't watch it.

It's cool, though. We'll just agree to disagree. 🙂

4 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

I like your optimism about our youths, and I really hope you are right. If you are, then it means we could be in for a golden generation within a few years. I say that because I genuinely think we are on the verge of a very solid squad.

An on form McTominay played in midfield is one of our best players. A fit Griffiths up front either alone or in a 2 makes the team far more potent. And whether you like him as a person or not, Fraser instantly improves the team.

You couldn't even write off a back 3 because we didn't play the correct players to test it out. 

A full squad and a few tweaks with positions and we have a competent international team. Sadly, we didn't see many positives at all the last 2 games. Fingers crossed it was due to the extraordinary circumstances we have found ourselves in in 2020.

I hope that I'm right, too. There's a kid at Man City, Lewis Fiorini, who I hope we cap soon. Otherwise I sense another Rice/Grealish thing. I definitely think the u17/19s are light years above the current players... Even now.

Yeah, I agree with all that.

It's going to be a long road. It'll take patience. We'll look awful and we'll have to endure defeats, but I truly believe that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

By the time the play off game comes around at least the English based players will have had 4/5 games behind them. Armstrong for example certainly should be  more up to speed.  

By fk I hope he changes his mind and goes  back to 4 at the back, sticks Mctomminay and Jack in as the midfield base.

We’ll have 3 fixtures in succession we can rotate Tierney and Robertson for fun.