Plus points tonight ? - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Plus points tonight ?

mariokempes56

Positives are that we won, we still have a chance of topping our Nations League group. 

Other positive is that Clarke will understand his squad and it’s limitations a bit more.

In terms of today. 

Marshall did his job. Couple of saves you’d expect him to make. 
Palmer was terrible. An assist doesn’t make up for that. 
McTominay isn’t able to play centre back at the moment. 
McKenna stands out against poor strikers, but is found out by half decent ones. 
Cooper probably deserves another chance. 
Robertson played better today. We need him on the pitch on the left wing. 
McLean was poor, wasn’t quick enough with his passing and didn’t provide much defensive cover. 
Armstrong played as bad as I’ve seen him. Normally can drive forward but looked awful technically. 
Fleck looked ok in patches. Probably deserves a start against Israel if he starts the season well. 
Christie was unbelievably wasteful. Had a couple of opportunities to play in a team mate but chose the wrong option. 
Dykes looks like a forward we can use. Good strikers goal. Is strong are relatively fast. Close control isn’t great. 

For me we need Ryan Fraser. He’s genuine quality in the final third. Him playing left winger will really help.

I think we should go back to 433. It allows Fraser and Robertson in their best position. 

McGinn needs to start too. He knows how to score for us and works so hard to win fouls and play as far up the pitch as possible.

I think we should go back to basics and play;

Marshall

Robertson

Cooper

McKenna (reluctantly)

Tierney (as right back)

McGregor

McTominay/Fleck

McGinn

Christie

Fraser

Dykes

I’d be slightly tempted to drop Christie for Forrest for some natural width on the right.

4 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Against a Czech D team?

Our main players can barely beat Cyprus, San Marino and Czech D. What are we hanging on to?

6 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Yes.

About a year ago they went head to head against Germany, best them, and deserved it. Finishing top of their Europ qualification group.

The performance schools are working. We have kids at Man City, Chelsea, Bayern Munich, and perhaps Bologna next. 

You clearly know nothing about football.  The u19s would be pumped by our senior team.

Just now, Taylor1996 said:

Our senior team wouldn't be able to pump anyone. 

This was a Czech league select team, and our players looked like amateurs.

I’m pretty sure if tynecastle boys club Put out their under 13s our national team might win.....   honestly that is no argument.  The under 19s would be brushed aside.

31 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Do we, though?

Watch the u17 and u19 teams and tell me if our seniors are better than them. I'm afraid, we have about 3 more years of this, but we do have players coming through.

This is another of your bizarre statements you’ve made before. You seem to genuinely believe the youth teams are better than the senior team.

A few will end up very good players (and I agree that a few of them look technically better than we have had in the past) but most wont make it at even Scottish Premiership level. It’s how it works. 

Just now, Super_Scotlandfan said:

This is another of your bizarre statements you’ve made before. You seem to genuinely believe the youth teams are better than the senior team.

A few will end up very good players (and I agree that a few of them look technically better than we have had in the past) but most wont make it at even Scottish Premiership level. It’s how it works. 

On tonight's performance, how can you defend the full team?

3 minutes ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

We’ve not had Performance Schools before, so how can you know? 

A large percentage of our u19s will be playing in the 4th tier scotpand or equivalent in England in 6 years. Have you ever looked at where our past u17s/u19s Scotland squads ended up, some didn't even make it as footballers and this was guys who reached the semis and finals of the euro championships, most played for lower league English clubs or teams like East Fife. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5808951/where-are-they-now-scotland-under-19-spain-2006-european-championship-final/amp/

Just now, Taylor1996 said:

On tonight's performance, how can you defend the full team?

Because we live in the real world.  If you genuinely believe that the u17s and u19s would compete at senior international level you have lost all credibility on footballing matters.  Including your fascination with 3 at the back.   Have you ever played football at even a Sunday league level?

Just now, Malcolm said:

Because we live in the real world.  If you genuinely believe that the u17s and u19s would compete at senior international level you have lost all credibility on footballing matters.  Including your fascination with 3 at the back.   Have you ever played football at even a Sunday league level?

I'd suggest that you watch the kids play.

1 minute ago, mccaughey85 said:

A large percentage of our u19s will be playing in the 4th tier scotpand or equivalent in England in 6 years. Have you ever looked at where our past u17s/u19s Scotland squads ended up, some didn't even make it as footballers and this was guys who reached the semis and finals of the euro championships, most played for lower league English clubs or teams like East Fife. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/5808951/where-are-they-now-scotland-under-19-spain-2006-european-championship-final/amp/

As stated, we've never had performance schools before, so we really can't judge what happened in the past with what's happening now.

Like the look of Super TA team . Dykes has been a standout up front and  at the back at corners and  free kicks, when he went off we were really struggling to defend . Go to back to 4 at the back with Tierney ,who was really good on Friday ,at right back .McTominay is not a centre back , he is costing us goals but we need him sitting in front of the defence . When we beat Israel Ryan Fraser tore them apart , he has to play in October . Would love to see the Thumb partnering Dykes up front. Kenny McLean is not international class ,nor is Fleck .