Clarke hasn't a clue...sack him - Page 8 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Clarke hasn't a clue...sack him

0Neils40yarder

What I heard from Clarke's mouth and I concluded that if jack isn't in the Rangers squad this Thursday or Sunday he would replace him.  Clarke wants stability and guy's who has been part of his plans and coaching to play the way he wants, with a 26 man squad we can afford to this IMO - this does not equate to madness or Clarke should be out the door.  

Edited by romanticscot

2 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

What I heard from Clarke's mouth and I concluded that if jack isn't in the Rangers squad this Thursday or Sunday he would replace him.  Clarke wants stability and guy's who has been part of his plans and coaching to play the way he wants, with a 26 man squad we can afford to this IMO - this does not equate to madness or Clarke should be out the door.  

He hasnt played for weeks...its madness to call him up

If he called up 25 men, would you have said that was madness also?  The squad size can only be 23 players, I am assuming that he will declare a potential different 23 man squad for the play offs than he may for the Nations League - so he has three man surplus to rotate out from the camp and he chose to use one of those for Jack.  This is a 10 day camp, I'll admit I don't know the particulars of his injury.  He has also called up a young keeper conceding he is likely not to get any game time - is that a waste also?  I don't think so.  

Edited by romanticscot

• 2 weeks later...

6 games unbeaten, 5 wins in the last 6, clean sheet tonight. 

Hes took us to the final of the play offs, 1 game away from getting to a championship for this 1st time in 22 years. 

Its Not good enough tho SC has to go. We are better than this. And we have a god given right to win every game we turn up to. These SPL / championship players are world class they deserve a manger with World class pedegree. I seriously think we should be trying to get Pep or Klopp, clear step up from there Diddy farmer club jobs.

🙄

32 minutes ago, HandofRhod said:

Hes took us to the final of the play offs, 1 game away from getting to a championship for this 1st time in 22 years. 

Its Not good enough tho SC has to go. We are better than this. And we have a god given right to win every game we turn up to. These SPL / championship players are world class they deserve a manger with World class pedegree. I seriously think we should be trying to get Pep or Klopp, clear step up from there Diddy farmer club jobs.

🙄

The performances have been pretty terrible and we have rode our luck big time getting those results. I am happy to give Clarke time but I can see why some aren't happy with him so far. 

3 hours ago, HandofRhod said:

🙄

was it not Mcleish bar the Semi Final Penalties ?

I've got grave concerns about any manager that plays four central midfielders in midfield and two lumps of food up front. We launched the ball aimlessly upto McBurnie and Dykes 3 times within the first 30 seconds, I've got absolutely no time for that when we have good technical players at our disposal.

Serbia will watch that and be rubbing there hands, only a change in system and identity will give us a chance but the rot is already setting in, it's blindingly obvious.

6 minutes ago, Mox said:

I've got grave concerns about any manager that plays four central midfielders in midfield and two lumps of food up front. We launched the ball aimlessly upto McBurnie and Dykes 3 times within the first 30 seconds, I've got absolutely no time for that when we have good technical players at our disposal.

Serbia will watch that and be rubbing there hands, only a change in system and identity will give us a chance but the rot is already setting in, it's blindingly obvious.

Other than Fraser he didn’t have a great choice to select from last night and need to remember how much loosing the 6 players on Wednesday probably buggered things up for him, 3/4 of them were certain to start.

13 minutes ago, bossman4 said:

Other than Fraser he didn’t have a great choice to select from last night and need to remember how much loosing the 6 players on Wednesday probably buggered things up for him, 3/4 of them were certain to start.

Yeh when you look at it from that perspective it was quite a big ask for Clarke to pull out a result last night. We not only had 3/4 first team players missing but we also had about 3/4 who are semi regular first team players like burke, Forrest, Griffiths, Palmer. It was actually a very depleted squad which will hopefully not be the case against serbia. 

2 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

We’re just not very good, which isn’t really Clarke’s fault. I read excuses every game, player x missing etc but this is our level. 

Yeh I think everyone acknowledges we are a poor level team but we did have alot of first team squad members missing which is hard to deal with. I think with our full squad available we should be beating Israel comfortably at home, if we dont then Clarke as the manager should be taking most of the responsibility. Clarke got the result last night and he has a decent excuse for the relatively hard job we made of it. 

Losing so many key players as well as other important squad members like Armstrong and burke really hampered us last night. 

38 minutes ago, Mox said:

Yip, we had no width. Playing through the middle was not working. The times we used the flanks we got balls into the box.

Also, the left flank want working, their right back had a stormer. What was wrong with the right. It was like we forgot there was TWO wings. Perhaps a problem of having a holding midfielder playing in defence on the right and no natural winger. Israel lose the ball they hunt in packs to win the ball back, giving us no time to mount a counter. We lost the ball we get back into shape and let them do as they please.

Still, we are in the hat and a surprise trip to Belgrade (without or minimum fans). I’d take that any day of the week.

Let’s not kid ourselves. Our qualifying campaign was woeful Nations League is a nice security blanket, it’s why the next two games are also very important. 

J

49 minutes ago, bossman4 said:

Away ye go with yer reason and logic. Its dramatic negativity we need here

6 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

MOM doesn't have to be in the winning team. That's almost as daft as saying that the ref keeps the game going as long as one team is attacking.

Israel had a lot more of the ball but ultimately did eff all with it. They barely broke us down and squandered their ine good chance. We had 3 good chances, mctominay header, cooper hit the post and jacks attempt at shot, I just wish that had been mcginn instead of ryan jack.

I dont really care whether israel had 3 players better than ours, our players are through and their players were in tears. 

We have a final to look forward to with good players to return