Scotland starting XI vs Czech Republic - Page 8 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland starting XI vs Czech Republic

Taylor1996

5 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

So fucking what. We used to qualify playing 4-4-2

When we had good centre backs.

Regardless of formations, if you can't make simple 5 yard passes, you won't win. 

The pressure of being in a match they're expecting to win is far too much for the Scotland players.

Edited by Taylor1996

11 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

What has worked since 1998?

Not much but we shouldn’t be playing with 3 at the back if we don’t have the players to do it. 

Playing McTominay at the back and Palmer as a wing back proves we don’t.

Decent ball in from Palmer for the goal in fairness. 

Just now, Texas Pete said:

Not much but we shouldn’t be playing with 3 at the back if we don’t have the players to do it. 

Playing McTominay at the back and Palmer as a wing back proves we don’t.

Decent ball in from Palmer for the goal in fairness. 

Show me evidence of having players who can play in a four, since 1998. Go on.

Nice goal and finish.

1 minute ago, Barney Rubble said:

And that is why I am not a football manager.

Two great crosses from Palmer and a tidy finish from Dykes.

Well done to both players.

Against a better side mctominey and palmer would be ever more exposed at the back. They look lost when under attack BUT going forward palmer is the better choice becausr the czechs are doubling up on roberston

16 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Liam palmer is beyond useless, darren mackie had better control 

Even for the goal, Palmer managed to ' control' the ball 5 yards in front of him. Any decent left back would have just taken it straight off him.

I cant see them not scoring again. Regardless of players, formations, manager etc, we seem to have this horrendous mentality of being nervous, timid bottle merchants. Shite state of affairs and has been the case for years. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Jim Beem

2 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

Even for the goal, Palmer managed to ' control' the ball 5 yards in front of him. Any decent left back would have just taken it straight off him.

I cant see them not scoring again. Regardless of players, formations, manager etc, we seem to have this horrendous mentality of being nervous, timid bottle merchants. Shite state of affairs and has been the case for years. 🤷‍♂️

Crocker came away with a damning stat a few minutes ago - Scotland have two shut outs in the last thirteen - both against San Marino.

2 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

I cant see them not scoring again. Regardless of players, formations, manager etc, we seem to have just have this horrendous mentality of being nervous, timid bottle merchants. Shite state of affairs and has been the case for years. 🤷‍♂️

Hard to argue with that.

Do we not have another centre half to allow mctominey to move into midfield? 

3 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

We need a critical mass of self-confident players. But, how many to make a critic mass? Seems one or two not enough.