Scotland starting XI vs Czech Republic - Page 9 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland starting XI vs Czech Republic

Taylor1996

2 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Crocker came away with a damning stat a few minutes ago - Scotland have two shut outs in the last thirteen - both against San Marino.

Thats a shocker of a stat. 

Ian crocker is a cunt

Edited by vanderark14

I'm not having it that our players are not good enough. We have enough about us to beat Israel and the Czech republic when they're this depleted. 

I support Clarke but I cannot believe he's starting McTominay at the back. Not acceptable. Nobody is closing anything down and McLean is a waste of space. Jack got criticised for passing sideways but he closes down. 

No McGinn or Tierney is a disgrace. Our two best players are6on the pitch.

2 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Crocker came away with a damning stat a few minutes ago - Scotland have two shut outs in the last thirteen - both against San Marino.

Definitely a mentality thing. Even players or managers on the up and with a bit of a buzz about them, 10 minutes with the Scotland 'set-up' and anything positive is sucked Right out of them. Steve Clarke unfortunately the latest victim

4 minutes ago, COLT NY said:

I'd take Christie off. Thought he was one of our better performers against Israel (which isnt saying much) but he's been rotten today.

Yep really poor, giving the ball away a lot with shite passes.

We are so so poor and if that was their full side they would have pumped us. We have nothing going forward, no movement or creativity. They have every chance of scoring again.

3 minutes ago, SkyBlueScot said:

I'm not having it that our players are not good enough. We have enough about us to beat Israel and the Czech republic when they're this depleted. 

I support Clarke but I cannot believe he's starting McTominay at the back. Not acceptable. Nobody is closing anything down and McLean is a waste of space. Jack got criticised for passing sideways but he closes down. 

I think he has been told by various managers not to overplay their players. Nobody i their right mind would drop mcginn.

4 minutes ago, SkyBlueScot said:

Robertson is our best player but i agree,mcginn and tierney should be on that park tonight. If theyve been rested for anyother reason except injury......well in that case clarke can fuck off

1 minute ago, Caledonian Craig said:

The work ethic is shocking IMO. We concede so many goals by defenders who can't be arsed to close down advancing strikers allowing them to get shots away. In attack we are so fucking slow supporting in attack and closing down their defence it is unreal.

Its not just closing down, attempts to win the ball back after they mis control is a disgrace. Is it a mentality thing or can they just not be bothered? 

The Czechs are mentally similar to their immediate neighbours the Germans in that they are usually (mentally) equipped with superb team player skills. Dont ask me why but they are. Scots on the other hand are equipped with the opposite. The Czechs always amount to more than the sum of their parts. Like the Germans. We always amount to less than the sum of our parts. A team of so called 'B raters' with that ingrained mentality against a full national squad with our 'pillow' mentality... that is just putting their B-Team on speed. 5/1 I saw against a home win... how mental is that after this first half.