Czech game - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Czech game

kumnio

1 hour ago, Frugal said:

From a wee check it seems it´s 4 from Sigma, 4 from Banik Ostrava, 4 from Slavia Prague, 1 from Slovan Liberec. Unsure about Pešek...

It won't be easy, players who play regularly together, who will feel their backs are against the wall. And in addition,  we never make it easy.

10 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

Wee look at the squad and think only two of their 15 have been cappped. 

Can’t help but feel they’d have forfeited the match if they were playing France or Germany etc. 

They must think they can still get a result. 

2 hours ago, Frugal said:

From a wee check it seems it´s 4 from Sigma, 4 from Banik Ostrava, 4 from Slavia Prague, 1 from Slovan Liberec. Unsure about Pešek...

How do you know him? And just how small is he?

I can't believe that despite all that's going on with Coronavirus, they're not even going to have the correct checks in place on Monday.

3 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

It won't be easy, players who play regularly together, who will feel their backs are against the wall. And in addition,  we never make it easy.

Definitely, they´ll be right up for it!

1 hour ago, COLT NY said:

How do you know him? And just how small is he?

I can't believe that despite all that's going on with Coronavirus, they're not even going to have the correct checks in place on Monday.

Took a few moments but top quality! 😂

12 hours ago, Sigma said:

A local reporter in Olomouc reported the following as the nomination for Monday. Of course this could change.

Současná nominace 🇨🇿 na pondělní zápas proti 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿: Nguyen, Mandous Juroška, Hubník, Karafiát, Jemelka, Holzer Jánoš, Breite, Holeš Malínský, Potočný, Budínský, Pešek Tecl

(nejsou zahrnuti členové výběru U20 jako Markovič, Gabriel, Daněk, Žambůrek a další) #ceskarepre

I think we would struggle against that team.

Still expecting a hard game, as while far from the strongest Czech side, I expect it will be a team on a par with a team like Lithuania, Macedonia or Belarus.

Hubnik has 30 odd caps and played in the last Euros (also scored winner in 4-5-0 game) and is his first call up since retiring in 2016.

Speaking to a friend who knows his Czech football, he expects them to line up like this,

Nguyen/Mandous; Juroška, Jemelka, Hubník, Holzer; Breite, Holeš; Pešek, Budínský, Malinský; Tecl

“Tecl Is the obvious one to look out for, as started the season well and unlucky to miss out first time around. I'm not as high on Pešek/Malinský as Vít (though Pešek could cause problems). Like Budinský, coming off the back of an exceptional season in 19/20.”

10 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Can’t help but feel they’d have forfeited the match if they were playing France or Germany etc. 

They must think they can still get a result. 

interpreting it as a 'slight' to Scotland could be motivational? 😉

Edited by exile

I suspect the only reason this game is going ahead is because UEFA threatened them with a lot more than just a 3-0 victory to Scotland....

Would not shock me if a lot more of their backroom team and squad had tested positive than they were letting on (though would like Slavia and Sparta have pulled the plug with European games coming up).

1 hour ago, wanderer said:

I suspect the only reason this game is going ahead is because UEFA threatened them with a lot more than just a 3-0 victory to Scotland....

Would not shock me if a lot more of their backroom team and squad had tested positive than they were letting on (though would like Slavia and Sparta have pulled the plug with European games coming up).

Cancelling the game would likely have caused an issue with TV rights with UEFA having to refund money to everyone that has paid to show the game as there would be little chance of rescheduling the match.

UEFA maybe threatened the Czechs with a fine? 

25 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

So, it's Czech B vs Scotland.

They must think they can win, otherwise they wouldn't have even bothered, and just forfeited the match.

They cannot forfeit the match.

The rules are that the fixture must be fulfilled.

4-2-3-1, 3-5-2, 4-4-2, 3-5-1-1, 4-3-1-2, 4-6-0 or Tierney at right back doesn't absolve the Czech Republic of the obligation to send a team out on Monday at kick-off time.

55 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

So, it's Czech B vs Scotland.

They must think they can win, otherwise they wouldn't have even bothered, and just forfeited the match.

Not even close to a B squad....

Edited by Sigma

1 hour ago, scottincarlisle said:

Have Slovakia & Israel not had any input to the situation? They must be a bit peed off that we are getting to play a B team & they'll end up playing the A squad probably.

Tough titty springs to mind. 

They would probably rather we had to play the new team than us being awarded a 0-3 win. 

2 hours ago, Sigma said:

Not even close to a B squad....

Interesting.

What are most Czech fans thinking of this? From what I've quickly read, it seems the young goalkeeper is highly rated Markovic? And Nyguen was a very good second division player?

It's the fifteen from yesterday, plus eight between the ages of 17-21.

I think this will be a difficult game for Scotland. I am not confident of our chances of winning this and a lot of journeymen Czechs making their debut is a recipe for disaster (from a Scottish perspective).

4 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

think this will be a difficult game for Scotland. I am not confident of our chances of winning this and a lot of journeymen Czechs making their debut is a recipe for disaster (from a Scottish perspective).

People making their debut also want to make an impression. It's got a loss for us written all over this. Can imagine the headlines after.....

5 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

People making their debut also want to make an impression. It's got a loss for us written all over this. Can imagine the headlines after.....

Wanting to make an impression and actually doing so are two different things. 

If Clarke and the players do their jobs properly we should win this game fairly comfortably.  

We’ve made an arse of plenty of games we should’ve won though so I’m taking nothing for granted.