Czech game - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Czech game

kumnio

https://olomoucky.denik.cz/fotbal_region/zapas-lvicat-ve-strani-zrusen-ceska-dvacitka-se-presunula-do-olomouce-20200905.html

Google translate should work ok. Essentially, the article mentions the cancellation of the Czech Republic vs Slovakia U20 friendly because some players will be needed for the match on Monday.

Also, seems like players will on be picked from clubs in the Moravian region.

Edited by Sigma

43 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

We would have a month wouldn't we between semi & final ?

Yes, you’re right enough. I was forgetting the playoffs were over October and November. 

The Czechs already have a game scheduled for the day after (or it might be before) the playoff finals though. 

32 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Yeah but if they are play8ng coaches and youths we must be expected to win

I don’t think they’ll be playing coaches will they? The just need to replace the original coaches and players.

Being expected to win is fine if you win. 

Surely if the Czechs have to cobble together a new squad from players they wouldn’t normally pick at 2 days notice we will beat them comfortably?

If we don’t then serious questions should be asked about the current management and players. 

Nothing is certain for us, should we come away with the 3 points on Monday we have 4 pts over the two games, my objectives are remain in League B, try a new formation and get Dykes a goal or two and gather enough points to remain a pot 3 team for the World Cup qualification groups.  We would be unbeaten in 5 and therefore on a "papier mache" run.  We learned Dykes is worthy of the squad, McGinn is our best player, McTominay is no right back or defender in general, our midfield in-spite of looking good on paper is not clicking with the formation we tried out and likely a few players are rusty and lacking sharpness.    

27 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

Nothing is certain for us, should we come away with the 3 points on Monday we have 4 pts over the two games, my objectives are remain in League B, try a new formation and get Dykes a goal or two and gather enough points to remain a pot 3 team for the World Cup qualification groups.  We would be unbeaten in 5 and therefore on a "papier mache" run.  We learned Dykes is worthy of the squad, McGinn is our best player, McTominay is no right back or defender in general, our midfield in-spite of looking good on paper is not clicking with the formation we tried out and likely a few players are rusty and lacking sharpness.    

Yeh I would say thats a fair analysis, if we can get a confidence boosting win against a depleted Czech and try going back to the old 451 formation to see if we play better then that would be good. 5 games unbeaten and then go into the play off with a bit of momentum. 

1 minute ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

I remember a certain must win game back in 2007, when Georgia played a 17 year old goalie....

We got denied a stonewall penalty in that game as I recall.

Mind you, it didn't help that McLeish sent an unfit and struggling Darren Fletcher out to play in that game. It was like playing with ten men.

Think Alan Hutton was injured or suspended that night too ?

A local reporter in Olomouc reported the following as the nomination for Monday. Of course this could change.

Současná nominace 🇨🇿 na pondělní zápas proti 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿: Nguyen, Mandous Juroška, Hubník, Karafiát, Jemelka, Holzer Jánoš, Breite, Holeš Malínský, Potočný, Budínský, Pešek Tecl

(nejsou zahrnuti členové výběru U20 jako Markovič, Gabriel, Daněk, Žambůrek a další) #ceskarepre

Edited by Sigma

13 minutes ago, Sigma said:

A local reporter in Olomouc reported the following as the nomination for Monday. Of course this could change.

Současná nominace 🇨🇿 na pondělní zápas proti 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿: Nguyen, Mandous Juroška, Hubník, Karafiát, Jemelka, Holzer Jánoš, Breite, Holeš Malínský, Potočný, Budínský, Pešek Tecl

(nejsou zahrnuti členové výběru U20 jako Markovič, Gabriel, Daněk, Žambůrek a další) #ceskarepre

Who are these guys?  Is it the Hubnik that scored the winner in the 4-6-0 game?

59 minutes ago, Sigma said:

From a wee check it seems it´s 4 from Sigma, 4 from Banik Ostrava, 4 from Slavia Prague, 1 from Slovan Liberec. Unsure about Pešek...

1 hour ago, Rich NATA said:

I was wondering last night; when will we next get the chance to attend a match with everything back to normal?

I dread to think how long we will have to wait.

Until there’s a vaccine or we’ve all had it I suppose. Hopefully by March next year? Who knows?

4 hours ago, theabsentee said:

I wonder in any eternal optimist was brave enough to have a punt on us last night, i guess we might have been around 8/1 immediately after those 2 performances . We have all missed a nice potential little earner there. 

Any one wanting a flutter there is a few hundred quid on betfair available at better than even money