Czech game - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Czech game

kumnio

26 minutes ago, kwhitelaw said:

There’s absolutely no way after just competing in and winning a game that they couldn’t field a full squad!  They’re at it and the game should be forfeited!

I have a feeling this is underhand tactics from the Czechs to disrupt our preparations. I’ll not be surprised if the game is forced to go ahead by UEFA and we still lose.

Yeah would say the Czechs are terrified after watching our game last night 

2 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Interesting one.

Now we don't know what tough COVID measures the Czech government have with regards the pandemic. Perhaps it is tied in that if any sporting team has an outbreak then it is shut down for self-isolation period.

I cannot see the Czech Republic trying to 'pull a fast one' for a home game against us especially after a comfortable away win last night.

I can very easily see UEFA giving them special dispensation and allowing the game to be rescheduled.

When would it be played though? 

2 hours ago, Dodger said:

Yeah would say the Czechs are terrified after watching our game last night 

😂 true! But they’ll certainly be concerned if Slavia Prague follow through with their threat of pulling their players out of the squad

12 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

No idea but I'd be gobsmacked if they award Scotland a 3-0 win.

Looks like the game is on but if it is postponed there would be no free date this year to play the match. We are already playing more matches than usual because of the play offs.

If the match can’t be rescheduled UEFA will have a meeting to decide what to do. If they feel the Czechs are to blame for the game being called off the Czechs will forfeit the game and we would get the points.

If UEFA don’t blame the Czechs  they will draw lots and the result will either be 1-0, 0-1 or 0-0 which is a bit of a joke since it will be nothing to do with us if the game is called off. 

Edited by Texas Pete

6 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Looks like the game is on but if it is postponed there would be no free date this year to play the match. We are already playing more matches than usual because of the play offs.

If the match can’t be rescheduled UEFA will have a meeting to decide what to do. If they feel the Czechs are to blame for the game being called off the Czechs will forfeit the game and we would get the points.

If UEFA don’t blame the Czechs  they will draw lots and the result will either be 1-0, 0-1 or 0-0 which is a bit of a joke since it will be nothing to do with us if the game is called off. 

I agree with you. Just that I'd be gobsmacked if they envoke the toughest punishment on them during COVID-19. Perhaps the fact the game is back on then UEFA have warned Czech Republic of the consequences. Perhaps the Czech FA made the announcement without knowing what the consequences would be and have now backed down and said they will play.

1 minute ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I agree with you. Just that I'd be gobsmacked if they envoke the toughest punishment on them during COVID-19. Perhaps the fact the game is back on then UEFA have warned Czech Republic of the consequences. Perhaps the Czech FA made the announcement without knowing what the consequences would be and have now backed down and said they will play.

If they do it the other way then we have a 1 in 3 chance of being awarded a win when any possible postponement or cancellation would have nothing to do with us. The Czechs can clearly field 13 players so have no reason to call the game off so they should forfeit the match if they refuse to play. 

You may well be right though and the Czechs have changed their mind. Or maybe their Twitter was hacked or something and the game was never off in the first place? The SFA say the Czechs haven’t contacted them. 

2 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

If they do it the other way then we have a 1 in 3 chance of being awarded a win when any possible postponement or cancellation would have nothing to do with us. The Czechs can clearly field 13 players so have no reason to call the game off so they should forfeit the match if they refuse to play. 

You may well be right though and the Czechs have changed their mind. Or maybe their Twitter was hacked or something and the game was never off in the first place? The SFA say the Czechs haven’t contacted them. 

Yes I think likely scenario is Czech Republic thought they could call it off with no repercussions with hope of re-arranging because they had a couple of players out. They made the announcement without thinking there could could be repercussions and when UEFA contacted them and told them they would forfeit the match if they didn't play then they changed their mind.

1 minute ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Yes I think likely scenario is Czech Republic thought they could call it off with no repercussions with hope of re-arranging because they had a couple of players out. They made the announcement without thinking there could could be repercussions and when UEFA contacted them and told them they would forfeit the match if they didn't play then they changed their mind.

We’ll see what happens later today but it will be interesting if they refuse to play. 

1 minute ago, Texas Pete said:

We’ll see what happens later today but it will be interesting if they refuse to play. 

Indeed.

On the other hand what if those two infected players have had contact with the rest of the squad? That opens another can of worms as those players will not display symptoms just now as they are in the incubation period so could play whilst infected.

3 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Indeed.

On the other hand what if those two infected players have had contact with the rest of the squad? That opens another can of worms as those players will not display symptoms just now as they are in the incubation period so could play whilst infected.

They were exposed to someone who was infected. I don’t think it’s known if they are infected. 

7 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Indeed.

True but if that’s the case they shouldn’t have played last night. 

38 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

I'll take these odds. A lot better than the 1 in a gazillion we'll have in reality.