Scotland Vs Israel: Player Ratings - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland Vs Israel: Player Ratings

Taylor1996

Marshall: 6 - Made one great save and was generally a save pair of gloves, as per usual.

McTominay: 4 - He got caught out once too often. He's a liability at the back. He's a ball carrier, not a center back.

McKenna: 6 - He was solid and never let the side down.

Tierney: 6 - (See McKenna)

Robertson: 5 - Always made himself available, but it doesn't seem help that the midfield can't play longer than 5 yards

Jack: 4 - Not really sure what he adds. Whatever he adds, we don't need it.

McGregor: 3 - Since Jamie Redknapp is there a player who makes more sideways and backwards passes? Adds nothing.

Christie: 4 - Wasn't entirely sure where he was playing. His first touch is awful.

Forest: 4 - He tries, but he's not very good out wide.

McGinn: 7 - Scotland's best player. He fought for everything and he never gave up.

Dykes: 7 - Very promising debut. The ball stuck and his general hold up play looks very good.

Steve Clarke: 10 - Let's just hope he has the testicular fortitude to stick this system. Judging it over one match (and not judging four at the back over 20 years) is insane.

21 minutes ago, 86glebestreet said:

I don’t know what game the daily record reporter was watching, he said mcgregor was neat and industrious. Forrest was as keen as mustard to get involved.

fcukin embarrassing 

That's because the Record has to appease it's remaining readership which consists mainly of Old Firm fans.

6 hours ago, 86glebestreet said:

I don’t know what game the daily record reporter was watching, he said mcgregor was neat and industrious. Forrest was as keen as mustard to get involved.

fcukin embarrassing 

Yeah. I was confused by that, too.

Everytime he got the ball he panicked and passed side or back.

Thought Armstrong tried some good positive play when he came on. With hindsight, he would have been a better pick than McGregor who I thought was poor.

Dykes tried hard and did manage to hold the ball up when called upon. Let's keep going with him for now. 

Please don't play McTominay at the back ever again.

6 minutes ago, Willie Miller's tache said:

Absolutely.  I really hope Armstrong starts the next match. I really don’t rate McGregor. He might be good at waltzing through mediocre midfields in the SPL but he is nowhere near international class imo

Yeah I would’ve started Armstrong as well. The game was also crying out for someone like Fleck.

Playing 3 or 4 players out of position is not the answer. 

8 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

You got the right message board mate? 😂

Playing a game of schadenfreude?

Yes. I am.

Certainly not entering the non-TA section. That place makes Arkham look sane.

Besides, I'm helping to put into perspective. England are what, 5, 6 in the world, and yet...

Their midfield looks as bad as ours.

Damn. England penalty 89th minute.

Edited by Taylor1996

55 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

Playing a game of schadenfreude?

Yes. I am.

Certainly not entering the non-TA section. That place makes Arkham look sane.

Besides, I'm helping to put into perspective. England are what, 5, 6 in the world, and yet...

Their midfield looks as bad as ours.

Damn. England penalty 89th minute.

I'm not sure their defence is that good either.  Ridiculous prices for their players sometime lead you to believe they are much better than they are, e.g. are Maguire, Sancho, Rice and Chilwell really worth about £300 million?

47 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

I'm not sure their defence is that good either.  Ridiculous prices for their players sometime lead you to believe they are much better than they are, e.g. are Maguire, Sancho, Rice and Chilwell really worth about £300 million?

Yeah, exactly.

The prices haze the mind of the average fan, especially in England.

Definitely the worst England line up I've ever seen.