Flags - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Flags

FANDABBYDOZZY

It was a company in East Kilbride that were handling all this.

Impression I got was uptake was NOWHERE near what they were expecting from the fans.

I was not sending my flag in by post, and happened to be near their office with work, so agreed to go along to drop it off.

When I went you could tell they were disappointed, as I imagined it would be like with a lot of the clubs where stands would be full of flags, but when asked where they were going to put them her reply was "at moment on the ground behind the goals on the west side of the pitch).

If fans are not going to send their flags in, there is not really much more they can do (imagine when it comes to club football its a lot more localized, rather than across the full country).

Speaking to the girl who was handling all this, she was really enthusiastic when I first contacted her about 3/4 weeks ago, but by the time I dropped my flag off a week ago, I could tell that they were just happy to get anything (going by photos on social media, and what was able to be seen on tv, looked no more than a dozen or so flag at the most). 

I think the "not responsible for lost flags" small print put a number of people off doing this (heard one TA club say the courier to East Kilbride actually lost their flag in the post).