New Scotland Tartan Army Supporters club - Montreal Quebec Canada - TA Clubs, Social, Charities - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New Scotland Tartan Army Supporters club - Montreal Quebec Canada

Hello all.

First time I've posted in years. Been living over in Canada since 2013. Still keep my TA card active with a mate back home.

Today in Montreal we are hoping to form the first Montreal Scotland Supporters club in a pub called Mcleans. We've about 5-8 people coming and hoping to try and get the word out to any other Scots in the area.

It's been a long time coming and with Corona Virus it's delayed things and made it more complicated. The pub have been very helpful to us and have even found a Piper to come along.

Small beginnings, but it's a start. If anyone has any family in the area let them know.

Side note: How do we officially register a TA with the FA? Is there an official list?

• 3 months later...

Takes a bit of effort to set up the group and keep it going. Vancouver TA been going for over 20 years and about 15 years on FB. If you've got a regular venue then that's half the battle. I left Vancouver 10 yrs ago but group is still going helped by some willing volunteers with a bit of a  network. The FB group helped and contact with Rangers/Celtic clubs and other Scottish groups. Qualifying should also help get some numbers though - we got about 300 to watch the Italy game in 2007. 

• 3 weeks later...

The SFA don't keep a registration of TA Clubs.  The Association of Tartan Army Clubs (ATAC) http://www.associationoftartanarmyclubs.com/ is an organisation for clubs to get together and share ideas and help support each other.  Mostly around ticketing and travel.  ATAC have regular contact with the SFA as well as being a member of Supporters Direct Scotland.  Just shout if you need any more information.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/29/2020 at 1:58 PM, tartanharley said:

The SFA don't keep a registration of TA Clubs.  The Association of Tartan Army Clubs (ATAC) http://www.associationoftartanarmyclubs.com/ is an organisation for clubs to get together and share ideas and help support each other.  Mostly around ticketing and travel.  ATAC have regular contact with the SFA as well as being a member of Supporters Direct Scotland.  Just shout if you need any more information.

Much appreciated. I'll check out the link