Prediction for upcoming matches: - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Prediction for upcoming matches:

Taylor1996

4 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

At the other end of the scale we have folk who just refuse to accept how low we have sunk as a footballing nation.

We have been behind these teams for decades in terms of skill and ability but we used to make up for that in terms of enthusiasm and a will to win. Now we don't even have that. 3 minutes to go on Friday and we just continued to pass, pass, pass about in front of our own penalty box. They showed virtually no interest in trying to win that game.

The Czech C team will be out impress on Monday night. Hopefully our players can give a performance that makes it look like they actually give a shit. Not expecting too much though.

We have sunk very low compared to past teams but we are still capable of beating teams on our own level or below as we have done in recent campaigns. 

If we can’t beat this team, which has been assembled at the last minute with little more than 24 hours notice from a group of players that wouldn’t normally get picked then we may as well just chuck it. 

35 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

We have sunk very low compared to past teams but we are still capable of beating teams on our own level or below as we have done in recent campaigns. 

If we can’t beat this team, which has been assembled at the last minute with little more than 24 hours notice from a group of players that wouldn’t normally get picked then we may as well just chuck it. 

Away to Georgia was easy as well 🤪

2 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Does anyone think we will go there & play any different and win? 

0-0 or a narrow defeat still seems likely with how we set up and play. 

13 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Does anyone think we will go there & play any different and win? 

0-0 or a narrow defeat still seems likely with how we set up and play. 

I’m not sure if I think we will win but I certainly do think we should win. 

Can you imagine if our squad couldn’t play and we had to assemble a new squad from 3 or 4 Scottish clubs not including the old firm? We wouldn’t be beating or drawing with anyone. 

14 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

I’m not sure if I think we will win but I certainly do think we should win. 

Can you imagine if our squad couldn’t play and we had to assemble a new squad from 3 or 4 Scottish clubs not including the old firm? We wouldn’t be beating or drawing with anyone. 

Give youth a chance 

4 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

I have learned from every single sports movie ever made that we are destined to lose this match.

36 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

I have learned from every single sports movie ever made that we are destined to lose this match.

😂😂😂

Rocky didn’t beat Apollo first time.

We’ll beat them narrowly then they’ll beat us later in the year. Then Mr T will knock them out. 

3 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

this should be 5-0 going on 10-0. Up against some very average players who haven't even trained together.

All our other shockers were against experienced and cohesive units.

You're living on lala land if you think we should be beating the Czech second string squad anything like 5-0+ away from home.

We played Peru and Mexico with a mismatch of a a squad, players who've never been capped since (or even in a squad)  at altitude, a team thrown together and both sides going to the WC and neither side got close to getting 5-0, never mind 10-0 and they were at home!

In fact they managed to take 3 goals off us in total over 180 minutes against a side with the likes of Hendry, Shinnie, O'Donnell, McGeough. Cadden, Stevenson, Archer, Murphy and Morgan playing for us!

3 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

You're living on lala land if you think we should be beating the Czech second string squad anything like 5-0+ away from home.

We played Peru and Mexico with a mismatch of a a squad, players who've never been capped since (or even in a squad)  at altitude, a team thrown together and both sides going to the WC and neither side got close to getting 5-0, never mind 10-0 and they were at home!

In fact they managed to take 3 goals off us in total over 180 minutes against a side with the likes of Hendry, Shinnie, O'Donnell, McGeough. Cadden, Stevenson, Archer, Murphy and Morgan playing for us!

Fair points

I get what you mean, we should win, i'll be raging if we don't but I think we need to be realistic.

I've seen my club side (and other Scottish sides) played off the park by Czech Club sides in the not too distant past, so whilst they might not have much experience at this level in that squad, they'll be a pretty decent football side.

Hopefully we get a decent win and move onto the play off with a bit of confidence. We've had a massive stroke of luck, we need to make sure we take advantage of it.

19 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

this should be 5-0 going on 10-0. Up against some very average players who haven't even trained together.

All our other shockers were against experienced and cohesive units.

We beat San Marino 0-2 and we lost 0-3 by Kazakhstan last year. Those teams are/were 209 and 118 ranking in the world.

We are in no position to disrespect anyone.

6 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

We beat San Marino 0-2 and we lost 0-3 by Kazakhstan last year. Those teams are/were 209 and 118 ranking in the world.

We are in no position to disrespect anyone.

Do you honestly think that if you were supplied with a group of players and told them you are playing tomorrow you could create a team.?

If we don't win very comfortably I would suggest we swap managers.

The teams you mention contain players who know how to play together in the same systems to avoid heavy defeats. This bunch shouldn't.

4 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Do you honestly think that if you were supplied with a group of players and told them you are playing tomorrow you could create a team.?

If we don't win very comfortably I would suggest we swap managers.

The teams you mention contain players who know how to play together in the same systems to avoid heavy defeats. This bunch shouldn't.

I don't know.

It's more about our players. It's going to be a psychological endurance. Our players struggle at the best of times, they know that they'll be perceived as an embarrassment if they can't dismantle, not just beat, a Czech select XI.

I'm not making up the aforementioned statistics. We struggled against a team who are 118 and 209 in the world.

If nothing else, it'll be interesting.

5 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

They weren't though, they've had a few days training.

Same as the squad we had vs Peru and Mexico and we managed to avoid getting scudded.

San Marino are one of the worst sides in the world, the worst in Europe and we could only beat them 2-0.

This isn't a Czech Rep U17 side they are putting out,. it'll still be a decent side and players who know how to follow instructions. It's also a side who will be fighting for every ball and giving 100% given that they might never get a chance again.

Can't compare them to a bunch of part timers like San Marino.

We played Georgia in 2007 after beating France home and away and managed to lose 2-0 to a make shift side with a 17 year old making his debut in goals for them.

This tonight won't be a walkover. We are big faves but if folk are going to lose the plot if we don't take a barrow load off them then I think they are being a bit naïve and simplistic in their expectations.

6 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

They weren't though, they've had a few days training.

Same as the squad we had vs Peru and Mexico and we managed to avoid getting scudded.

San Marino are one of the worst sides in the world, the worst in Europe and we could only beat them 2-0.

This isn't a Czech Rep U17 side they are putting out,. it'll still be a decent side and players who know how to follow instructions. It's also a side who will be fighting for every ball and giving 100% given that they might never get a chance again.

Can't compare them to a bunch of part timers like San Marino.

We played Georgia in 2007 after beating France home and away and managed to lose 2-0 to a make shift side with a 17 year old making his debut in goals for them.

This tonight won't be a walkover. We are big faves but if folk are going to lose the plot if we don't take a barrow load off them then I think they are being a bit naïve and simplistic in their expectations.

Have they had a few days training, I thought this was put together on Sunday or Saturday at a push.