What to do with Chripper - an epicfanny - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

What to do with Chripper - an epicfanny

daviebee

On 9/29/2020 at 10:37 AM, thplinth said:

Take a gander at the last post by's in TA Specific. You wont need to employ Sherlock Holmes to work it out.

Between him and Drooling Hills, the game is pretty much up. The sheer volume of posts they generate, with both of them having a 100% cuntish post hit rate, at least 2 sections of the board are now defunct. A truly tragic pair of individuals. 

On 9/29/2020 at 2:55 PM, Third Lanark said:

I see nothing wrong with Taylor's posts. He remains dignified, even when he is referred to constantly as a 'fanny.' You might not agree with him but that's why we have a message board. And he was proved right about Scotland starting with a back three.

I agree with your sentiment but we have been absolute pish with a back 3 so I fail to see what he was right about. 

3 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

I agree with your sentiment but we have been absolute pish with a back 3 so I fail to see what he was right about. 

I couldn’t agree more with this. We have been simply dreadful with a back three in recent years, getting repeatedly exposed on the flanks, leaking soft goals. Israel away we had a back three and we were  lucky to only lose 2-1. Israel destroyed us that night.  Our last two games, we were all over the place defensively. We do not have two good centre halves let alone three. We’re far more solid with four at the back and Tierney has played well for us as right back, so play him there. 

If Clarke lines up with three at the back, including McTominay at right CH (where he’s positionally poor and we lose his ability and influence at CM), Palmer at RWB (aye, two good crosses against the fourth-choice Czechs, but defensively weak) and McGregor (21 caps, 0 assists and 0 goals), I’d have Israel as favourites.

21 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

No I just meant that many of us didn't think Clarke ever would start with a three but he did. Chripper kept plugging it when Clarke was not known for it.

18 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

No I just meant that many of us didn't think Clarke ever would start with a three but he did. Chripper kept plugging it when Clarke was not known for it.

I see.

McLeish played 3 at the back a couple of times. One of those times was an unmitigated disaster.

Clarke appeared to be using the last 2 games to test the formation. He may feel that’s the only formation he can play and have both Tierney and Robertson in the team.

For me, the last two performances have proved that unless we can find another decent centre half we should not even be contemplating 3 at the back with McTominay as a CB so Chripper is still wrong as far as I’m concerned, even if Clarke has been experimenting. 

That doesn’t mean Chripper should be banned though. Where is he anyway? I haven’t seen him on here recently. 

25 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

That doesn’t mean Chripper should be banned though. Where is he anyway? I haven’t seen him on here recently. 

Writing his essays to cover all eventualities on Thursday:

1. Played 4 at the back and won - "Did we?  I wasn't even watching.  I'm only interested in the U19/U17/U12 squads now.  We should fast-track some of these 8 year-olds.  Other countries do it, etc, etc..."

2. Played 4 at the back and drew/lost - "I told you all, I've been saying it for years... drone fkin drone... you're all lucky I post here, etc, etc..."

3. Played 3 at the back and won - see 2 above with "I'm glad Steve Clarke's come round to my way of thinking" thrown in for good measure..

4. Played 3 at the back and drew/lost - see 1 above with the addition of "We need to keep plugging away at it for the next few decades even if it means playing our best players out of position... Kimmich's played there for Germany...zzz..."

Edited by daviebee

32 minutes ago, daviebee said:

1. Played 4 at the back and won - "Did we?  I wasn't even watching.  I'm only interested in the U19/U17/U12 squads now.  We should fast-track some of these 8 year-olds.  Other countries do it, etc, etc..."

2. Played 4 at the back and drew/lost - "I told you all, I've been saying it for years... drone fkin drone... you're all lucky I post here, etc, etc..."

3. Played 3 at the back and won - see 2 above with "I'm glad Steve Clarke's come round to my way of thinking" thrown in for good measure..

4. Played 3 at the back and drew/lost - see 1 above with the addition of "We need to keep plugging away at it for the next few decades even if it means playing our best players out of position... Kimmich's played there for Germany...zzz..."

That’s actually spot on! 😆

4 hours ago, daviebee said:

😂😂😂😂

Spot on

8 hours ago, daviebee said:

😅 Someone must be able to program a bot or algorithm...

• 3 weeks later...