Scotland squad - Page 10 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland squad

wanderer

11 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Yeh but physically they wouldn't be able to cope with the adults game, it's all very well being technically very good against players the same age as you but once you step up into senior game players are physically stronger and faster. We have had talented u19, u17s etc but they never amounted to much due to being unable to step up to the adult game. We reached the final of a euro championship in the mid noughties I think and played Spain in the final. We looked excellent in that tournament and technically very good but the players never made the jump up to seniors. Being good at u17, u19 means very little and doesn't always translate to senior football. 

All good points.

I agree, but it is different this time. The cluster of players we had back then was out of luck, the kids we have now are down to design.

Look at Gilmour. He's not massive, but he'd probably run rings around all of those Czech players. 

2 minutes ago, Taylor1996 said:

All good points.

I agree, but it is different this time. The cluster of players we had back then was out of luck, the kids we have now are down to design.

Look at Gilmour. He's not massive, but he'd probably run rings around all of those Czech players. 

They would swatted aside.

Just now, Taylor1996 said:

McTominay is an absolute monster of an athlete.

How did he look tonight?

It's not about build. I thought that level of thinking was long give.

you are living in an alternative reality... it is about build.  Would a team of maradonnas at 10;years old compete in a mans game? Nonsense