Strikers for the double header - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Strikers for the double header

romanticscot

Nisbet - Out today with injury

Shankland - No sign of him after his knock

McBurnie - A certain for a call up, but probably getting drunk somewhere despite its pre-season

Naimsith - Scottish championship hasn't even started yet

Griffiths - May get called up purely because others are out

Dykes - Might get his call up, but pre-season doesn't start until next weekend.

Anyone else out there?

36 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

McBurnie - A certain for a call up, but probably getting drunk somewhere despite its pre-season

Anyone else out there?

Dykes played and scored for QPR in a friendly against Wimbledon just yesterday.

Mind you we still need official confirmation of his switch. 

Callum Paterson is as good a shout as any, it's that bad.

McBurnie is close enough to the only striker we have still playing at a decent level who has scored more than a handful of goals in the EPL, SPL or Championship.

Leigh Griffiths unfortunately isn't playing and hasn't been for some time now.

Craig Levien predicted this.

14 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

This board has gone seriously down hill since simple people were given a confused emoji to use rather than explain the part they disagree with.

I do agree with that. Not sure about the Paterson bit but I think you should have to explain why you don't agree rather than just use that emoji (unless it's blindingly obvious).

38 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

This board has gone seriously down hill since simple people were given a confused emoji to use rather than explain the part they disagree with.

Agreed. It's a form of online bullying.

There's zero accountability.

If you could see which people were doing it, you would notice that it was the same group of people.

10 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Just playing Devil's advocate here, but it could have been your Craig Levein comment that caused the confusion - would I be right in thinking it was a joke based on his infamous striker-less formation?

Alternatively, it could just have been good old-fashioned TAMB smart-arsery at play again.

(If our strikers played as much this thread probably wouldn't exist!)

1 minute ago, er yir macaroon said:

Oil, since he’s a striker. 

😉

Chris is joint top scorer in Scotland this year.. he is on fire.,... or was... 

Oli a striker ?

But ,aye Oli will get a call methinx not Chris 

18 hours ago, romanticscot said:

Anyone else out there?

Depressing list.

Does McCoist fancy a game?  :(

19 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Mind you we still need official confirmation of his switch. 

Press seem to be very wary of this, as none so far have went out on a limb to say he is actually in he squad (Times seem to be hinting at it strongest just now, but just falling short of saying he is in the squad.... but they are also talking him up from a QPR point of view).

16 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

If it’s not mcburnie, I’d  probably play Naismith.  He links up well with mcginn.

When was the last time Naismith kicked a ball ?

4 hours ago, wanderer said:

Press seem to be very wary of this, as none so far have went out on a limb to say he is actually in he squad (Times seem to be hinting at it strongest ust now, but just falling short of saying he is in the squad.... but they are also talking him up from a QPR point of view).

Aye, when non-Scots born players have declared for us in the past, the SFA were usually always keen to get them interviewed by one of our rags.

Please don't tell me Dykes is still dithering on who to play for :rolleyes:. He's had more than enough time now to think about that.

And if he does turn up for the games, please let's not have this situation where he sits on the bench for both games and then fecks off to play for Australia in six months time. That would be embarrassing. Make sure he gets on the pitch even as an injury time sub. And finally put an end to all this "will he ? - won't he ?" pish.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

6 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

On the plus side all the confused reactions have awarded me the poster of the day for yesterday, and at the current rate I might get it two days running!

Exactly. They don't seem to realize that, with every emoji, comes a rep point. So, it's a backhanded compliment.

Oh look, I received three in the one thread! Yay me!

Back on topic. 

Dykes won't enter my thoughts till he's made up his mind. Till then, I could not care less.

In the striking department we really are scraping the bottom of the barrel. When it's all done and dusted, though, we need to play with twin strikers... There's strength in numbers. If we played two strikers in the days of Kenny Miller and Steven Fletcher, we might've qualified for something.

2 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

When was the last time Naismith kicked a ball ?

Aye, when non-Scots born players have declared for us in the past, the SFA were usually always keen to get them interviewed by one of our rags.

Please don't tell me Dykes is still dithering on who to play for :rolleyes:. He's had more than enough time now to think about that.

And if he does turn up for the games, please let's not have this situation where he sits on the bench for both games and then fecks off to play for Australia in six months time. That would be embarrassing. Make sure he gets on the pitch even as an injury time sub. And finally put an end to all this "will he ? - won't he ?" pish.

To be fair, this just shows how different both Clarke and Maxwell are compared to some of their predecessors, as the papers do not seem to get anywhere near as many “exclusives” these days (Mate who is a Thistle fan told me this is how Maxwell worked at Thistle that he would tell press nothing until the ink is dry on the contracts) as both just seem to get on with the job and only speak to the press when only there is something to say (had this been Levein, Dykes would have been on his wish list months ago and every squad announcement would be him going on and on about how he will build team around him next time around if he says yes).

If in the squad tomorrow, I suspect he will start at least one match ahead of McBurnie.