Holyrood Elections 2021 - Page 56 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Holyrood Elections 2021

2 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

I thought as much! You used a phrase recently i recalled from when Jim was posting on the Tamb - "creating nationalists". I've always remembered it as i like the imagery :lol:

Welcome back :ok:

I think it would be fair to say he has had some influence on my politics but we certainly don't agree on everything.

26 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Yes , Southside was mentioned as potentially strong for the Greens when I was talking with folk that know a lot more about it than me.

The Ballot Box Scotland Twitter account has published the list results for Glasgow Southside - the Greens got 18% of the vote.

Just now, scotlad said:

The Ballot Box Scotland Twitter account has published the list results for Glasgow Southside - the Greens got 18% of the vote.

That's the one i'm refreshing every now and again

On another note some right grifters out there. Was checking that "nemesis" blogger account here's what they were saying before. Folk really need to vet where they get their info from

E03OoVGX0AEE1eM?format=jpg&name=large

14 minutes ago, Freeedom said:

Jim Fairlie senior is my Grandad and wee Jim is my uncle

Congratulations on your families success! 

3 minutes ago, phart said:

On another note some right grifters out there. Was checking that "nemesis" blogger account here's what they were saying before. Folk really need to vet where they get their info from

I followed him on Twitter for a while, to get a different perspective, but he seems a tad strange to say the least. A lot of the Alba people seem to need help. 

24 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

sadly the worst racism I've personally witnessed was by Scots rugby fans directed at the Underwoods. My experience is that England is far less racist than it when I was growing up but there's a nasty seam of right wing extremism the has never gone away, sometimes it wraps itself in Union flag other times the flag of St George. Then there 's a more respectable Anglo-Saxon exceptionalism which sees the UK as better than everyone else, they tend to wrap themselves in a UnionFlag but really they believe the Celts need England to help them out as they're not up to the job.  

I'd agree with that completely.  I'd add that in my experience that Scots, Northern Irish and Welsh people have a much clearer view of the Union - whether or not they support it or not - than the English who tend to see the UK and England as pretty much interchangeable.   

1 minute ago, aaid said:

I'd agree with that completely.  I'd add that in my experience that Scots, Northern Irish and Welsh people have a much clearer view of the Union - whether or not they support it or not - than the English who tend to see the UK and England as pretty much interchangeable.   

Fed up of having to tell kids in class that England did not won WW2!

20 minutes ago, phart said:

Sounds like the QAnon guys.

55 minutes ago, phart said:

The boy behind Ballot Box Scotland does a power of work, and seemingly in his spare time too.

I'm with you on Jeggit - an absolute chancer.

51 minutes ago, kumnio said:

I followed him on Twitter for a while, to get a different perspective, but he seems a tad strange to say the least. A lot of the Alba people seem to need help. 

I mind a couple of years ago that fud was talking about how the Yes movement should adopt civil disobedience tactics; occupying government buildings and the like.  This was even before Boris Johnson became PM and adopted his hardline stance against another indyref.

Like a lot of these "radical" bloggers he doesn't actually live in Scotland, meaning stupid stunts like that would have zero direct impact on him.

14 minutes ago, Redz said:

Looking like 62 on constituency if ABZ West is held Tory ?

Is 3 on the list too big an ask ?

Last time, the SNP got 1 in the Highlands, and 3 in South Scotland. It’s looking like 1 in both regions this time. 

3 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Last time, the SNP got 1 in the Highlands, and 3 in South Scotland. It’s looking like 1 in both regions this time. 

SNP previously got 3 list seats in Highlands with the same number of constituencies. If both votes SNP actually happened they would have got at least 2 possibly 3. But too many gave 2nd vote elsewhere last time so they lost seats.

Just now, iainmac1 said:

SNP previously got 3 list seats in Highlands with the same number of constituencies. If both votes SNP actually happened they would have got at least 2 possibly 3. But too many gave 2nd vote elsewhere last time so they lost seats.

Hopefully 👍

18 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Cheers

Fingers crossed there's room for a miscalculation in favour of the good guys as the list seats come in