Holyrood Elections 2021 - Page 50 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Holyrood Elections 2021

Just now, hampden_loon2878 said:

I am disappointed in indy supporters naiveté in not embracing tactical voting like the unionists have

It seems that plenty have done.  Just not for Alba.

11 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Yes unionists have, greens arent looking great on the list either,, maybe lose 1

I heard one of the commentators state that Green vote may have been overestimated but I’m not sure they presented any figures to back that up. 

I think the Greens will do well enough to improve. 

17 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

I am disappointed in indy supporters naiveté in not embracing tactical voting like the unionists have

Who would indy supporters have tactically voted for in any of the constituencies so far declared?

We won't know until the lists declare how much tactical voting has gone on there. I suspect many SNP second votes in Glasgow and the west will have gone Green this time.

5 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

Who would indy supporters have tactically voted for in any of the constituencies so far declared?

We won't know until the lists declare how much tactical voting has gone on there. I suspect many SNP second votes in Glasgow and the west will have gone Green this time.

Seriously? 

2 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

CBCA06A7-D65D-43A6-8050-D1CA6E4A9523.jpeg

So the Greens polled only slightly better than Alba in B&BC.

Of course the fundamental difference here is that B&BC is supposed to be one of the strongest constituencies for Alba and I'd suspect that for the Greens its probably one of their weakest.

If I were Patrick Harvie, I'd be very happy with that as I'd know that I'd pick up more votes in the other seats in the region.

Just now, aaid said:

So the Greens polled only slightly better than Alba in B&BC.

Of course the fundamental difference here is that B&BC is supposed to be one of the strongest constituencies for Alba and I'd suspect that for the Greens its probably one of their weakest.

If I were Patrick Harvie, I'd be very happy with that as I'd know that I'd pick up more votes in the other seats in the region.

Your not patrick harvey, your snp and a “independence supporter” i knew and you knew that the snp were never going to return a list seat in the northeast so why did they push so hard for that list seat,,

i am taking a few days to reflect on this,, i am to put i lightly, disgusted with many of snp supporters and members, attacks on the alba party, my two kids had their photo taken with alec only for the feed on twitter to be swamped with abuse about alec being a peedo, ect,ect,, this is not the party i want to be part of,, its been taken over by a small pact of lunatics and the hierarchy has allowed this..i have fought tirlesy the snp and independence, i feel let down and tbh i am sickened by some of the posts in here

Tactical voting on the constituency is different from on the list. On constituency there is a clearly defined target to aim at. The list is volatile and could go either way. We simply don't yet know whose vote will be 'wasted' or not. In 2016, probably the Greens cost SNP some list seats and vice versa. We just can't tell.

We still don't know. Alba could yet pick up a seat or two.

Let's sleep on it. It's too early to fall out or apportion blame.  

Edited by exile

15 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

They were clever enough to tactical vote, we have not been  

Don't you get that the Greens stand in very few constituencies and in those that they don't the bulk of their support vote SNP.

It's generally the Greens that lend the SNP their constituency vote rather than the other way around.

15 minutes ago, exile said:

Tactical voting on the constituency is different from on the list. On constituency there is a clearly defined target to aim at. The list is volatile and could go either way. We simply don't yet know whose vote will be 'wasted' or not. In 2016, probably the Greens cost SNP some list seats and vice versa. We just can't tell.

We still don't know. Alba could yet pick up a seat or two.

Let's sleep on it. It's too early to fall out or apportion blame.  

They wont pick up anything. 

7 minutes ago, aaid said:

Don't you get that the Greens stand in very few constituencies and in those that they don't the bulk of their support vote SNP.

It's generally the Greens that lend the SNP their constituency vote rather than the other way around.

Do you actually believe that?yes there will be a handful but not a significant number

17 minutes ago, duncan II said:

The list votes haven’t been counted. How do we know Alba haven’t got any seats? How come there’s so many Ruth Davidsons around here? How the fuck do you know?!

Some seem to have been. These are allegedly the list results from Glasgow Southside...

E1955EEA-8BF7-45AD-BC0B-1ABF63902F6A.jpe

21 minutes ago, duncan II said:

The list votes haven’t been counted. How do we know Alba haven’t got any seats? How come there’s so many Ruth Davidsons around here? How the fuck do you know?!

As ToePoke said, a lot of the list results for each constituency are being released.   I think because of the way the count is being done this year they are doing both votes for each constituency at the same time, or one after another, rather than trying to get through the constituencies first.   Obviously they can't allocate the seats until all the votes in a region have been counted.

Alba, however, are polling badly everywhere so it's highly unlikely that they will pick up a seat.  I haven't seen anything from West Scotland so far which was one of the regions they were polling least badly in so maybe there's a chance there but it looks unlikely.

You might be interested in these numbers.

Kilmarnock

SNP 18649
Tories 8781
Labour 8199
Green 2017
Lib dem 868
All for Unity 706
Alba 636

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

In terms of his presence and influence you are probably right. But IMO his experience and dedication to independence will be missed , I dont think we can afford to lose politicians of his calibre entirely. 

I'd agree with that.

1 hour ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

i am taking a few days to reflect on this,, i am to put i lightly, disgusted with many of snp supporters and members, attacks on the alba party, my two kids had their photo taken with alec only for the feed on twitter to be swamped with abuse about alec being a peedo, ect,ect,, this is not the party i want to be part of,, its been taken over by a small pact of lunatics and the hierarchy has allowed this..i have fought tirlesy the snp and independence, i feel let down and tbh i am sickened by some of the posts in here

Edited by Dave78

10 minutes ago, aaid said:

As ToePoke said, a lot of the list results for each constituency are being released.   I think because of the way the count is being done this year they are doing both votes for each constituency at the same time, or one after another, rather than trying to get through the constituencies first.   Obviously they can't allocate the seats until all the votes in a region have been counted.

Alba, however, are polling badly everywhere so it's highly unlikely that they will pick up a seat.  I haven't seen anything from West Scotland so far which was one of the regions they were polling least badly in so maybe there's a chance there but it looks unlikely.

You might be interested in these numbers.

Kilmarnock

SNP 18649
Tories 8781
Labour 8199
Green 2017
Lib dem 868
All for Unity 706
Alba 636

Yeah, cheers. I'm quite disappointed. But number one priority for me is pro-Indy majority. I woke up on Thursday undecided about my list vote. I was aware Alba were unlikely to get enough in south Scotland but decided to go with what I believe in. I believe in a more urgent push for independence. I also believe we need a strong independence alternative to the SNP. Didn't quite take to the SSP in the past and wasn't drawn in by RISE, but hoped ALBA could break through. Oh well, hopefully an Indy majority. And Nicola's initial statements are encouraging, determined to push on with legislation and Johnson will have to go to court to stop. Hopefully all systems go in the not-too-distant future. Onwards and upwards.

2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

If that is correct, the bigger loss for me is that he will disappear completely from politics . 

I have said it lots of times on here - damaged goods. Michael Barrymore and John Leslie have been unable to resurrect their careers after much publicised court cases and Eck is no different here and it did not help his cause that he is an unpopular figure. Sure there are many that place him on a pedestal but there are many more who cannot stand him as stated in polls. Heck even Boris tops him on the popularity front.

I'd have no problem him making a comeback attempt but this seemed ill-timed and ill thought out - almost like an after-thought hence the lack of time to drill his message home.