Holyrood Elections 2021 - Page 41 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Holyrood Elections 2021

3 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

No such excitement down here. Just got to vote on town and district elections plus Crime Commissioner, spoilt my ballot paper on the latter because I'm not sure we need one.

You voted for Batman then?

16 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

That is so close to what I wrote!

Should have written Batman underneath the candidates, drawn a wee box, and ticked it. :ok:

1 hour ago, Morrisandmoo said:

Stood for 5mins sweating over the list ballot paper and ended up going Labour Labour. 

Couldn't bring myself to do the rational thing in the end. It's all well and good having an academic idea about what is the optimal decision. It's a whole different story when you actually have to vote Conservative to get there. 

A little bit annoyed with myself. But we've got emotional intuition for a reason. And that part won over the rational side this time. 

😂 funnily enough I stood sweating over my list vote too,  this morning,  until I was sweating more about missing my train and just went ‘ fook it ‘

Glad your emotional intuition prevailed and pulled you back from the VERY dark side.
Hopefully will both be winners should we get the next, most important, vote 👍

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

Would be very happy with this prediction. 

If only we could get rid of the two toxic Lib Dem twats from Edinburgh and Fife. 

1 hour ago, wheres the pies said:

Here’s another one guys not to bad at the forecasting 

44F1BF7B-4C12-43FF-9DF0-48F2A211CC72.jpeg

I just can’t see how the SNP can get a majority. It just seems like too impossible a task when you factor in some unionist tactical voting and difficult to win on list. 

11 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

I just can’t see how the SNP can get a majority. It just seems like too impossible a task when you factor in some unionist tactical voting and difficult to win on list. 

Aside from a Savanta ComRes outlier, the polls have consistently been predicting an SNP majority. 

I see some English council election results in already.... some big swings from Lab to Con, as Tories seem to be feasting on the Brexit/UKIP vote; a Con gain and LibDem gain from Labour in NE / Northumberland / Sunderland area. 

2 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Hartlepool By-Elelction - huge Tory win by 7000 votes 🤔. Labour are fucked.

I wish this result was in before Scotland voted. It just showed any Labour revival is years, possibly decades away.  There really is no point voting Labour in Scotland when constituents in Hartlepool vote Tory.

1 minute ago, Grim Jim said:

Just having a laugh Tidy.   List choice was not cut and dried for me either.

😊 no problem Jim .  Probably part guilt on my part in case this lateral thinking goes tits up 🙄

8 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

😕 there is no one more proud than me. 

Even when you've just "pissed yer pants" (I'm taking Jim's word for that) in the polling booth? Different standards in different parts of the country, I suppose. 

33 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Hartlepool By-Elelction - huge Tory win by 7000 votes 🤔. Labour are fucked.

Strangely enough I feel that in Scotland it may be Labour that has a surprisingly positive result.

I just dont see how anyone with traditional Labour values cannot see that independence is the only way of achieving a government that supports these values . The difference in voting intentions between England and Scotland has now become humongous. 

Just now, Orraloon said:

Even when you've just "pissed yer pants" (I'm taking Jim's word for that) in the polling booth? Different standards in different parts of the country, I suppose. 

Och we dont wear pants in Paisley . Less washing and better for the environment . 😁

3 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

. The difference in voting intentions between England and Scotland has now become humongous. 

Precisely. And that alone is a big reason for rise in support for Scottish independence. Westminster is a parliament far removed from Scottish political taste - they may as well be based on Mars.

12 minutes ago, wheres the pies said:

Hartlepool the 10th most deprived town in England after 11years of successive Tory governments they voted for change the mind boggles I’m fucking lost for words 

Jeez thank christ I don't live in England. Locked into never ending Tory governments - oh wait a mo.....