Holyrood Elections 2021 - Page 40 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Holyrood Elections 2021

1 hour ago, Freeedom said:

Sure, different people have different ideas about what they consider to be left or right wing. For me the SNP are not left wing enough.

I like what the wikipedia article defines as left wing wiki link

It's fairly straightforward what it means in broad brush strokes.  Lately you're right wing if you don't agree wholeheartedly with self styled 'progressive' social issues.  Redistributing wealth and general public ownership don't come into it, Mussolini.  Despite these ignorant errors it's still fairly clear, in my opinion.

Both votes SNP for me.

Only by staying united will Scotland send strong message to Westminster.

Much as I liked him as a leader the Alba party only serves Alex Salmonds self interest.  Nicola doing a much better job at persuading women and young people to back independence. 

GET THE VOTE OUT! 

3 hours ago, Lamia said:

Alba have fairly be sticking two fingers up to the Covid rules and anyone who has been sticking to them. The massive non  socially distanced gatherings have been all over social media including Alex Salmond. Are they also the anti-lockdown party? 

what a load a shite, really,, the three amigos with their relentless attacks on salmond,,,you would think they have a vested interest in this

I agree that left and right wing is tricky and not necessarily useful. However,...

Left-wing politics supports social equality and egalitarianism, often in critique of social hierarchy.[1][2][3][4] Left-wing politics typically involves a concern for those in society whom its adherents perceive as disadvantaged relative to others as well as a belief that there are unjustified inequalities that need to be reduced or abolished.[1] According to emeritus professor of economics Barry Clark, left-wing supporters "claim that human development flourishes when individuals engage in cooperative, mutually respectful relations that can thrive only when excessive differences in status, power, and wealth are eliminated."[5]

I'd have thought that, in addressing equality and disadvantage, it covers a spectrum of issues including disability, sexual orientation, 'race'/ethnicity and so on. Those include 'working class people' too. It doesn't have to be either/or.

22 minutes ago, exile said:

I agree that left and right wing is tricky and not necessarily useful. However,...

I'd have thought that, in addressing equality and disadvantage, it covers a spectrum of issues including disability, sexual orientation, 'race'/ethnicity and so on. Those include 'working class people' too. It doesn't have to be either/or.

I agree.

And I dont think working class people pull a face at gender identity. Possibly if they are over 40.  I think its mainly age rather than class that creates that mindset.  

44 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

what a load a shite, really,, the three amigos with their relentless attacks on salmond,,,you would think they have a vested interest in this

Have you not looked at the many photos of large groups of people not social distancing. It is this type of Trumpian denial that is embarrassing. 

47 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Just realised you were probably in one of those photos. I picked someone else up for this and they tried to dismiss it as a little slip. You don't accidentally find yourself in a large group and forget we have had social distancing for a whole year.

If I were in a party that did that I would be the first to criticise it but no all I am seeing is people who support Alba defending it or denying evidence that is all over social media.If it was the Tories the same people would be all over it.

Queues at my polling station, although overheard someone say it was "dead all day" then all us work from homers strolling across at lousing time, coupled with the Covid restrictions.

Waited 15 mins to vote so hardly a mega stress.

15 minutes ago, phart said:

Queues at my polling station, although overheard someone say it was "dead all day" then all us work from homers strolling across at lousing time, coupled with the Covid restrictions.

Waited 15 mins to vote so hardly a mega stress.

Its like Piccadilly Circus at my polling station at the moment. Was like an advanced driving test getting doon the street. 

41 minutes ago, exile said:

I didn't say it had to be either or, all of those issues are important. But the number one divider of people in society is income inequality, poverty and class regardless of gender/race/disability etc. What we have in Scotland is an epidemic of child poverty and drug abuse all the while the SNP focus on cracking down on peoples freedom of speech and making sure that there is 50% gender representation in parliament.

No such excitement down here. Just got to vote on town and district elections plus Crime Commissioner, spoilt my ballot paper on the latter because I'm not sure we need one.

I think if I was in Scotland I would have had a dilemma on the list, Alba's emergence has complicated things. It's a shame they didn't get airtime to push the case for Indy but Harvie seems to have a good job on that score from what I can tell.

2 hours ago, Lamia said:

Just realised you were probably in one of those photos. I picked someone else up for this and they tried to dismiss it as a little slip. You don't accidentally find yourself in a large group and forget we have had social distancing for a whole year.

If I were in a party that did that I would be the first to criticise it but no all I am seeing is people who support Alba defending it or denying evidence that is all over social media.If it was the Tories the same people would be all over it.

You should focus you energy on things more pressing, like the tories instead of a few cm in distancing,, pathetic 

On 5/2/2021 at 11:55 AM, TDYER63 said:

😂😂 I cant ask for anymore than that 👍

Stood for 5mins sweating over the list ballot paper and ended up going Labour Labour. 

Couldn't bring myself to do the rational thing in the end. It's all well and good having an academic idea about what is the optimal decision. It's a whole different story when you actually have to vote Conservative to get there. 

A little bit annoyed with myself. But we've got emotional intuition for a reason. And that part won over the rational side this time. 

59 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

You should focus you energy on things more pressing, like the tories instead of a few cm in distancing,, pathetic 

This post is what is pathetic.

9 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Would be very happy with this prediction. 

If only we could get rid of the two toxic Lib Dem twats from Edinburgh and Fife. 

I'd take this too, even if it meant the latter cunts remaining