Holyrood Elections 2021 - Page 15 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Holyrood Elections 2021

9 hours ago, exile said:

Funniest interview since...? I can't remember :lol:

Fucking laughable.

'Our' Scotland? Yes that which should belong to Scots to be governed by Scots. Someone should explain to this arsehole that Scotland was an independent country long before it fell into ownership of the union.

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

To me, he didn't sound angry at all. He just sounded like George Galloway.

He sounded "seriously animated", at least.

But was the "animus" coming out his ears?

14 hours ago, exile said:

Funniest interview since...? I can't remember :lol:

That's comedy gold. 

https://www.eveningexpress.co.uk/fp/news/scotland/scottish-conservatives-lets-bring-world-cup-final-to-hampden-park/?fbclid=IwAR0UOWCbAIrDksKUS9ISLMCKNf1pWry5-AgzhToMl-4V3RmHm78GX2iK5tQ

The D Ross wants the world Cup final at hampden 

8 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

‘’Bringing football’s World Cup final to Scotland for the first time is among the Conservatives’ election promises to fix the country’s mental health crisis.’’

I suppose it at least brings confirmation that there is indeed a mental health crisis. 

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

‘’Bringing football’s World Cup final to Scotland for the first time is among the Conservatives’ election promises to fix the country’s mental health crisis.’’

I suppose it at least brings confirmation that there is indeed a mental health crisis. 

Watching Scotland is not always good for mental health.

Margaret Lynch it seems to be. Whoever that is, the whole thing seems convoluted and requires reading a 25 page document written last March, then 2 wings articles about the only possible interpetation of a single line in the article meaning that stonewall wants the age of consent to be 10, even though they have explicitly said they don't.

#Stuanon seems an appropriate hashtag. As they are the person who made the huge logical leap.

Eyofh_ZWYAUitka?format=jpg&name=medium

Edited by phart

38 minutes ago, phart said:

Margaret Lynch it seems to be. Whoever that is, the whole thing seems convoluted and requires reading a 25 page document written last March, then 2 wings articles about the only possible interpetation of a single line in the article meaning that stonewall wants the age of consent to be 10, even though they have explicitly said they don't.

#Stuanon seems an appropriate hashtag. As they are the person who made the huge logical leap.

Eyofh_ZWYAUitka?format=jpg&name=medium

Cheers, will have a look. 

Never a dull moment on twitter 

7 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Cheers, will have a look. 

Never a dull moment on twitter 

It seems to stem from their inability to realise what "or" means in a sentence and they ascribe "and" instead.

Then suddenly leaping to the conclusion that all these orginisations want to lower the age of consent to 10. Seems a weird leap but I guess folk think they see jesus in burnt toast so you see what you want to see.

9 minutes ago, phart said:

It seems to stem from their inability to realise what "or" means in a sentence and they ascribe "and" instead.

Then suddenly leaping to the conclusion that all these orginisations want to lower the age of consent to 10. Seems a weird leap but I guess folk think they see jesus in burnt toast so you see what you want to see.

Don’t want to derail thread but I once saw Jesus in a piece of pewter.

image.thumb.jpeg.8b0ecb739aca2b0280cda9cd03db0e46.jpeg

1 hour ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Link?

https://wingsoverscotland.com/the-paedophile-charter/

Probably just easier to read the article on wings. Comes down to what adolescent means. Common definition does seem to start at 10 year olds. Just type it into google and you will see what I mean. There is something else in that article which does not get discussed but if I am reading it correct it is quite astonishing as well. (I am struggling to believe I am reading it correctly but apparently I am.)

Some SNP folk are really starting to resemble Alan. Spending all your time finding ways to attack the only other full-on independence party is a very strange look a few weeks before an election. 

Bit of a mealy mouthed statement from Stonewall. They might not be 'campaigning for it' but they apparently do want it.

"Because while Stonewall Scotland have indignantly denied the facts revealed in this Wings story from earlier today, at no point do they actually deny being members of the ILGA, or that the ILGA signed a “Feminist Declaration” calling for the abolition of the age of consent for adolescents (people aged 10-19). In other words, any of the actual things they’re ostensibly denying.

And that’s because those things are – indisputably, empirically – completely true.

The document the ILGA, of which Stonewall Scotland is a member, signed last March makes an explicit demand that governments worldwide must ”end the criminalization and stigmatization of adolescents’ sexuality”"

Here is the other quote that caught my eye:

”Eliminate all laws and policies that punish or criminalize same-sex intimacy, gender affirmation, abortion, HIV transmission non-disclosure and exposure, or that limit the exercise of bodily autonomy, including laws limiting legal capacity of adolescents, people with disabilities or other groups to provide consent to sex

Anything else jump out at you reading that? WTF.

Edited by thplinth

29 minutes ago, exile said:

The SNP disowned Scotland's biggest pro indy blogger, and he got mad at them. Will Alba disown Wings too?

He does seem to have a sway with a number of people. Saw the same with Trump with folk drinking bleach and stockpiling hydroxychloroquine and the like. It all turned out to be nonsense of course but no reflection why they got duped they just move onto the next thing their leader tells them to talk about.