Holyrood Elections 2021 - Page 9 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Holyrood Elections 2021

9 hours ago, Alibi said:

I was expecting to be vaccinated the first two weeks of March, but got a phone call yesterday and have an appointment on Sunday (they originally said 2.30 on Saturday but who wants to be vaccinated minutes before the Morton v Raith stream goes live?).  It appears that the vaccination programme in Scotland is going ahead faster than the mainstream media would have you believe.

I notice on the BBC they said that 100% of care home residents or over 80s in England "had been offered" a vaccination.  Now call me cynical but being offered is not the same as being vaccinated.  I smell more shite coming from the Tory spin machine.

Thats what I thought too, the wording was a bit strange saying "offered"
It does seem a bit slow up here but I think it will speed up now with the mass centers being opened.
It shouldn't be a point scoring thing but the Tories are having a fair go at it 

5 hours ago, Kirk said:

It does seem a bit slow up here but I think it will speed up now with the mass centers being opened.

I know 2 people who were offered the vaccine and turned it down.

5 hours ago, Wullie Anderson said:

I would imagine a bigger percentage of folk will refuse it as we go down the age groups, for various reason. If they can keep the uptake over 80% that would be great news, but overall it will probably be less than that.

I still find that 98% uptake in care homes hard to believe. It's a fantastic achievement if they have really done that, IMO.

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

I would imagine a bigger percentage of folk will refuse it as we go down the age groups, for various reason. If they can keep the uptake over 80% that would be great news, but overall it will probably be less than that.

I still find that 98% uptake in care homes hard to believe. It's a fantastic achievement if they have really done that, IMO.

Saw on BBC this morning they were doing a piece from an injection hub in England and had interviews with old folk etc on the procedure.  Squeezed in right at the end was a little bit on how from 7pm to 8pm they start to give it to front line workers which would suggest they're still needing to bash through them. 

Can't see a % on Scotland but on the government website has beaten target of 230,000 by 35,000 and the frontline bonus was going to over 300,000 in November so we're potentially at c80-85% which would seem to be a cracking effort along with care homes.    

33 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Saw on BBC this morning they were doing a piece from an injection hub in England and had interviews with old folk etc on the procedure.  Squeezed in right at the end was a little bit on how from 7pm to 8pm they start to give it to front line workers which would suggest they're still needing to bash through them. 

Can't see a % on Scotland but on the government website has beaten target of 230,000 by 35,000 and the frontline bonus was going to over 300,000 in November so we're potentially at c80-85% which would seem to be a cracking effort along with care homes.    

It's not a competition. ;)

I think the definition of front line health and social care workers is a wee bit flexible. 

Edited by Orraloon

19 hours ago, Kirk said:

Well you're talking about folk who classed individual gloves as separate pieces of PPE to get the numbers up.  If they'd spent as much time actually doing something about the crisis as trying to look as if they were then they maybe wouldn't have made such a complete howling arse of it.

17 hours ago, Wullie Anderson said:

Yea but the point is they are making it a big thing they have offered so many, they haven't actually mentioned how many have been vaccinated. you could send a letter tomorrow to everyone in the country offering a vaccine, doesnt mean shit!

4 hours ago, daviebee said:

Well you're talking about folk who classed individual gloves as separate pieces of PPE to get the numbers up.  If they'd spent as much time actually doing something about the crisis as trying to look as if they were then they maybe wouldn't have made such a complete howling arse of it.

Yeah, they are fucking idiots

https://www.thenational.scot/news/19066835.removal-snp-front-bench-smacks-double-standards/

Joanna Cherry in the National - looks like things will get messier before they get any better.  

Be interesting to see what interesting project she has in mind - making a political enemy in arguably your most accomplished MP wouldn't seem the wisest move in fairness.  

34 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

https://www.thenational.scot/news/19066835.removal-snp-front-bench-smacks-double-standards/

Joanna Cherry in the National - looks like things will get messier before they get any better.  

Be interesting to see what interesting project she has in mind - making a political enemy in arguably your most accomplished MP wouldn't seem the wisest move in fairness.  

In other news, person booted off the team for not being a team player proves it by moaning constantly and blaming everyone else.

22 hours ago, ThistleWhistle said:

It's not a competition. ;)

I think the definition of front line workers is a wee bit flexible. 

56 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Looks like the battle for next leader is well and truly underway. It might be quite a long battle though. I'm starting to think that Nicola might not be departing as soon as some others might be thinking ( or hoping?). Let's see what happens in the next few weeks. Could be very interesting. Could be a damp squib.

1 hour ago, aaid said:

In other news, person booted off the team for not being a team player proves it by moaning constantly and blaming everyone else.

Is there not one bit of you that is uneasy about how sturgeon has or is going about her buisness of late? 

Edited by hampden_loon2878

Just now, hampden_loon2878 said:

Is there not one bit of you that is uneasy about how sturgeon has or is going about her buisness of late? 

Did you read the column?

As for the FM, I'm going to wait until I see the details before making any judgement.

One thing though - as a leader - you can't tolerate people who constantly seek to undermine you.  If anything, she should probably have taken action earlier but she has been pre-occupied with trying to stop people dying.

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Looks like the battle for next leader is well and truly underway. It might be quite a long battle though. I'm starting to think that Nicola might not be departing as soon as some others might be thinking ( or hoping?). Let's see what happens in the next few weeks. Could be very interesting. Could be a damp squib.

Wonder if she'd go as far as to front up a new party as definitely think the SNP could be done with some competition.  Not before this election obviously  but despite how much I despise them UKIP didn't half steer the Tory party back towards its core.  

I don't really know what to make of the submission Salmond made to Hamilton enquiry being completely redacted so useless for Fabiani enquiry despite being in the Spectator for 2 weeks.  

It's even more bizarre that the article is still available with only a  section redacted on the Spectator so everyone can see it but he can't speak about it.  The part redacted in the Spectator presumably is being investigated under the Hamilton one that isn't published so can't be published by the Fabiani one.  

I think the Fabiani one will fizzle out with one side claiming cover-up and the other side claiming 'told you so!'  

No idea how the Hamilton one will pan out.  If there is a breach of ministerial code found then the pantomime of the last few years you'd imagine unionists will be orgasmic whereas if it had been nipped in the bud at the start would likely barely have registered.         

4 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Nicola is going nowhere. .minimum  This May's election and then ref campaign.

lose that she'll be gone

Win , she'll be around for first Scottish election.

I repeat Nicola will be going nowhere, everything else is just Havers. 

28 minutes ago, Archiesdad said:

lose that she'll be gone

I hope you're right. If she comes through these enquiries relatively unscathed then she will be in a stronger position than she was before. I'm ruling nothing out yet though. Time will tell.

3 hours ago, Archiesdad said:

lose that she'll be gone

A part of me hopes your right however  salmond would never pick a fight hes going to lose

1 hour ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Is that fight over? 

Which one? I named two. One was lost the other he walked away from after we lost the referendum.

Salmond is one of the most accomplished politicians of his generation, he's not some infallible political Floyd Mayweather who's never lost a fight.

However i've learned it's pointless to get between someone and the object of their fanaticism, we just need to look into the football section to see that played out each week.

17 minutes ago, phart said:

Which one? I named two. One was lost the other he walked away from after we lost the referendum.

Salmond is one of the most accomplished politicians of his generation, he's not some infallible political Floyd Mayweather who's never lost a fight.

However i've learned it's pointless to get between someone and the object of their fanaticism, we just need to look into the football section to see that played out each week.

If theres a way to patronise someone brilliantly, you just nailed it

I see the ISP have been under attack for some sort of pro-Cherry, anti SNP/NS video that they pulled after a backlash.

I never understood how the ISP could be simultaneously a single-issue "only for indy" party, who supported SNP1, while claiming to offer different policies as a rival to the SNP. But if they're going to be another SNPbad outfit trying to bring down the FM, and so dent the SNP, I can see why some people will see them doing more harm than good.