Holyrood Elections 2021 - Page 6 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Holyrood Elections 2021

Glasgow Councillor and the relatively high-profile SNP NEC member Rhiannon Spear didn't win the nomination for Argyll and Bute, which must be something of a surprise, at least to her and the party.

Edited by wee-toon-red

23 minutes ago, wee-toon-red said:

Glasgow Councillor and the relatively high-profile SNP NEC member Rhiannon Spear didn't win the nomination for Argyll and Bute, which must be something of a surprise, at least to her and the party.

Was she not one of the vocal ‘woke ‘ people that some folk were complaining about ? 
Might be a bit of a backlash if so. 

3 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Was she not one of the vocal ‘woke ‘ people that some folk were complaining about ? 
Might be a bit of a backlash if so. 

Yes thats correct, i can only speak for north/north east branches who are very concerned of the noisy woke brigade within the party, hopefully this is a bit of a kick back

• 1 month later...

I try not to use the bbc much these days but seeing folk talk about how the COVID situation is being covered by the unionist media, I thought I would go and have a wee look. It looks to me like the Holyrood campaign has already started and the bbc will be (as is usual) the main unionist cheerleaders. I was greeted with this headline on the "Scotland" section. 

"Covid in Scotland: Case numbers continue to soar"

So, I thought "If they are "soaring" in Scotland what word are they using for the UK?". The headlines are much more positive giving their Tory pals a platform to spout their usual pish. Not a mention of "soaring numbers", well not in the headlines anyway. 

Now, I am as worried as anybody about the high number of cases in Scotland but are they as bad as the UK as a whole? The 7 day average in Scotland is about 2300. The equivalent number for the UK would be about 28,000 but it is actually running at more than double that, at 60,000 per day. 

The bbc know as well as any of us, that a lot of people only read the headlines. This is going to be an even dirtier campaign than normal.