Do You Love Your Family? - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Do You Love Your Family?

Is that now the best argument for the Union?

Does Darling believe what he's being asked to say?

This Edinburgh solicitor, and former Chancellor of the Exchequer, reduced to “we all love our families”

Or is it Dougie Alexander's fault?

http://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/referendum-news/labour-critics-pin-blame-for-new-no-woes-on-alexander.25188352

Nope, their just trying to galvanise their support.

Speak to a No voter and they talk about how the referendum might affect them and their family. How they might suffer. How they won't take a chance with their income, their pension, their wealth. Their entire campaign is based on getting people to think about themselves, and they use a mixture of fear and reward to achieve that.

Speak to a Yes voter and you tend to get an argument on the common good. How the country can improve. How we can move the poor into a better place, how we can address the issue of food banks, increase employment opportunities and protect free access to healthcare and education. The entire Yes campaign is based (to steal a Yes campaign groups name) on the common weal.

So their posters (to them) make sense and it will to their loyal supporters. However where it will fail is with the undecided. Because it will have the same outcome as 'Patronising BT Lady' because undecideds have a concern for personal wealth and a desire to see a better society - hence they can sometimes be perplexed but are generally won over by understanding that a better society leads to a better quality of personal life.

I hate poverty, I hate lack of opportunity for the working classes and I hate the idea of a privatised health service. So I'm voting Yes! :ok:

TT