Staycation - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/17/2020 at 9:52 PM, hampden_loon2878 said:

Anyone got any advice on nice places or lodges to stay while holidaying at home? preferably west coast between oban to ullapool. i have looked around a bit and i am struggling to find availability.. Everyone must have the same idea unfortunately 

https://solidluxury.co.uk/location/kiltarlity-lodges/  Those are possibly about an hour and a bit from Ullapool but some nice places nearby to visit. Hoseasons also have a few parks with lodges around Scotland, some with hot tubs if you like that. 

We are going to Rascarrel Bay Lodges soon which is in the Dumfries/Galloway area close to Castle Douglas if you wanted to try somewhere different.

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

We did NC500 last month and mainly used AIrBNB's - got some cracking places.

We are doing Lewis & Harris next month with my bro and his missus for 5 nights and again, using AirBNB.

Never had any issues.

Never thought of using AirBnb, but just had a quick look and seems to be a very handy tool, Lewis,Harris Uist and Barra are on the hit list for next year 👍

11 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Never thought of using AirBnb, but just had a quick look and seems to be a very handy tool, Lewis,Harris Uist and Barra are on the hit list for next year 👍

As I've said, I've never had any issues and had some amazing places over the years using it, including last month up north.

We got a Cottage on Lewis for £600 for 5 nights for the 4 of us and the place is cracking . Actually sleeps 6 (3 double rooms) so value for money is very good and you can do research, check out reviews easily on the properties.