Europa League 2020-21 - Page 22 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

On 3/19/2021 at 8:17 AM, Och Aye said:

It's good they've reacted so aggressively towards racism. Hopefully there will be a similar reaction towards sectarianism. 

Remember the time their manager was captain of a team that wore T-shirts in support of a man that was banned for racism? 😂😂

He really suits the Liverpool and OF mantle, ashamed of nothing, offended by everything. 

9 minutes ago, slasher said:

I'm not being wide here, but........ since when did it become the job of the accused to prove their innocence rather than the accusers to prove guilt? 🙅‍♂️

In pretty much every court case involving (i) evidence with a dispute, and (ii) where the accuser has the weight of evidence. Notwithstanding the other players reactions, you have Zungu who hears the words first hand, which cooberates what Kamara says. As far as I am aware, Kudela has no one backing up his version. This gives him a problem, though I fully expect UEFA will sweap it under the carpet... 

2 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Remember the time their manager was captain of a team that wore T-shirts in support of a man that was banned for racism? 😂😂

You fancy posting a photo of him with that T-shirt on 😉 ...... or would you struggle as he was in America at the time having his knee looked at. Not sure what you would expect him to do, given he was probably under a fuckton of anesthetic half way across the globe at that point :lol:

11 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

In pretty much every court case involving (i) evidence with a dispute, and (ii) where the accuser has the weight of evidence. Notwithstanding the other players reactions, you have Zungu who hears the words first hand, which cooberates what Kamara says. As far as I am aware, Kudela has no one backing up his version. This gives him a problem, though I fully expect UEFA will sweap it under the carpet... 

Interesting. I don't have any doubt of Kudela's guilt to be clear. Just an interest of the process going forward 👍

19 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

You fancy posting a photo of him with that T-shirt on 😉 ...... or would you struggle as he was in America at the time having his knee looked at. Not sure what you would expect him to do, given he was probably under a fuckton of anesthetic half way across the globe at that point :lol:

Where did I say he wore it? Carragher has since admitted that they were wrong and as vice captain, he and the captain should’ve stood up and said no, but didn’t. 

Good effort though, at least you tried to make me wrong 👍🏽

Just now, slasher said:

Interesting. I don't have any doubt of Kudela's guilt to be clear. Just an interest of the process going forward 👍

Yeah, though that was the case. 👍

I'm getting this second hand from someone who once worked for UEFA, albeit not directly in relation to this type of stuff (other legal job). She also says the process is pretty opake, but they wont like the media attention. Channel 4 ran with it again tonight (oddly asking if all English clubs should resign from the competition), and its been on Sky News and the BBC multiple times over the last few days. The reason they wont like it is that their 'media partners' wont like it, especially with all the taking the knee and 'Black lives matters' stuff at the moment.

What is clear, is that UEFA will be forced to make an example out of a bigger club at some point. Their is a chance they might fit the bill, given they are not a club from the big four, and from a seemingly relatively weak country on the football poltical stage (for example, can you imagine if this was a Russian team?).  Again, this is all second hand - and I have my doubts.

1 minute ago, dandydunn said:

'he and the captain should’ve stood up and said no, but didn’t.'

This the captain 3000 miles away having his knee probed :lol:  I'll refrain from making a 'standing up' joke.

If you've read Carraghers book, you'll know the first thing the players knew about them was when they appeared in the changing room before the game (at Wigan, possibly?). All dodgy as fuck, but I dont think you can pin this on him.

2 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

This the captain 3000 miles away having his knee probed :lol:  I'll refrain from making a 'standing up' joke.

If you've read Carraghers book, you'll know the first thing the players knew about them was when they appeared in the changing room before the game (at Wigan, possibly?). All dodgy as fuck, but I dont think you can pin this on him.

Was he, or was he not captain of a squad that publicly backed a racist?

1 minute ago, dandydunn said:

Was he, or was he not captain of a squad that publicly backed a racist?

He was squad captain, but can in no way be held accoutable since it seems he knew zero about it. He wasnt even in the country at the time, let alone the changing room :lol:

6 hours ago, Stu101 said:

He was squad captain, but can in no way be held accoutable since it seems he knew zero about it. He wasnt even in the country at the time, let alone the changing room :lol:

I'd say linking gerrard to this is straw clutching. The issue I have is with rangers and and a vocal selection of their support being selective in the type of.bigotry they're against.

Kris shouty shouty boyd wants Prague thrown out and arsenal given a semi final place. I agree, Prague need to be made an example of but this is hilarious watching rangers pundits and fans get on their high horses about bigotry. 🤣🤣

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I'd say linking gerrard to this is straw clutching. The issue I have is with rangers and and a vocal selection of their support being selective in the type of.bigotry they're against.

Kris shouty shouty boyd wants Prague thrown out and arsenal given a semi final place. I agree, Prague need to be made an example of but this is hilarious watching rangers pundits and fans get on their high horses about bigotry. 🤣🤣

Agree. Speaking to a few folk the other day on this. Fans are only going to be allowed back into games into small groups. Good chance for the club to reiterate whats unacceptable. Should be easy to identiy anyone who misbehaves.

The issue still is, to a large extent, still what is acceptable and what isnt. That grey area needs to be removed. That's not as easy as it first appears. In no way would I ever think the word 'Hun' was offensive. However, if you were the guy stabbed and called a 'dirty hun bastard' few weeks back, you might see it a different way. Same with Celtic fans and the word 'taig' I think we spoke about before. This just leads to whataboutary imo, which self perpetuating.

Guidance has to come from the clubs. What will be interesting today will be how much those clubs are listened too, given both have been quite clear that fans need to stay away.

Great win for United. Aberdeen are utter shite, remarkable how worse they were compared to the first game we played them. They really need to get the next manager appointment spot on. Ferguson is a decent player but a cheating wee rodent. 

Edit - no idea how I managed to stick this in the wrong thread 😄

Edited by Jim Beem

1 hour ago, Jim Beem said:

Great win for United. Aberdeen are utter shite, remarkable how worse they were compared to the first game we played them. They really need to get the next manager appointment spot on. Ferguson is a decent player but a cheating wee rodent. 

Let you off only because you haven’t needed to comment on European issues for a very long time 😜

2 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

Correct. Why we’re still 4th absolutely amazes me, considering we’ve scored 1 goal in 10 games. 

Scottish football is shite, but it’s our shite 😂

14 hours ago, Jim Beem said:

Not sure i want to see us getting emptied by some Eastern European mob in the middle of July to be honest 😂

Especially with an October visit from Kelty Hearts in the Betfred cup to look forward to.......

• 4 weeks later...

Kudelas ban covers all Uefa competitions so will rule him out of the Euros.

Think thats about as strong a ban as he was ever going to get.

I dont fully understand the Roofe ban. He gets a game more than Kamara despite his being in the coursea of the game and by my view an accident (albeit an extremely dangerous one) yet Kamaras was pre meditated assault after the game, albeit with provocation.

7 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Kudelas ban covers all Uefa competitions so will rule him out of the Euros.

Think thats about as strong a ban as he was ever going to get.

I dont fully understand the Roofe ban. He gets a game more than Kamara despite his being in the coursea of the game and by my view an accident (albeit an extremely dangerous one) yet Kamaras was pre meditated assault after the game, albeit with provocation.

It's UEFA, we will never fully understand them🤣