Europa League 2020-21 - Page 13 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

32 minutes ago, shaggycoo said:

Apparently the first hat trick scored at Celtic Park by a visiting player since Eric Black nearly 40 years ago. 

Always liked Eric Black but hearing that, as an Arab, he has just gone up in my estimation with his hat trick in Feb 83 going a long way to helping us win the title that season by one point.

9 minutes ago, GHfaeGTA said:

Always liked Eric Black but hearing that, as an Arab, he has just gone up in my estimation with his hat trick in Feb 83 going a long way to helping us win the title that season by one point.

Fuck! I was there that day, remember it well 🙈

6 minutes ago, GHfaeGTA said:

Were you also there a couple of months later when we beat you with 10 men? A great night it was!

Yes I was. Ralph Milnes goal that night is still the best I've ever seen at Parkhead. Gough sent off early on for kicking fuck out of Charlie Nic as I recall? 

3 minutes ago, slasher said:

Yes I was. Ralph Milnes goal that night is still the best I've ever seen at Parkhead. Gough sent off early on for kicking fuck out of Charlie Nic as I recall? 

Correct Gough sent off and Milne scored a cracker. Surprisingly I don’t think the game was televised so goal has never been seen. 

2 minutes ago, GHfaeGTA said:

Correct Gough sent off and Milne scored a cracker. Surprisingly I don’t think the game was televised so goal has never been seen. 

TV crews were on strike as I recall m8. Good thing for me but a real shame about the Milne goal not being recorded. It really was a thing of beauty. United won the title by a point or two that season I think so it was a vital game, yet virtually the whole jungle applauded that goal.... Magnificent 👍

3 minutes ago, slasher said:

TV crews were on strike as I recall m8. Good thing for me but a real shame about the Milne goal not being recorded. It really was a thing of beauty. United won the title by a point or two that season I think so it was a vital game, yet virtually the whole jungle applauded that goal.... Magnificent 👍

👍1 point 

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Duncan Blackheart said:

Celtic were terrible. Think they’ll give Lennon the cup final and the old firm game, but if he loses either, he’ll be away. 

Also, who was that muppet who reckoned Ryan Christie’s tackle was “nothing”? It was a straight red! 

Looks like we’re relying on rangers for the coefficient from now on.

Craigan - Christie knew what he was doing (Through frustration)

Again would have taken the Desmond before the game but disappointed to squander a 2 goal lead with 10 minutes to go. We should still get out the group however we really should be 12/12 and seeded in the last 32. Still unbeaten in all competitions this season mind you. 

4 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Again would have taken the Desmond before the game but disappointed to squander a 2 goal lead with 10 minutes to go. We should still get out the group however we really should be 12/12 and seeded in the last 32. Still unbeaten in all competitions this season mind you. 

Agreed, still feels like a defeat though. Good that we are completing with a team of their quailty I suppose. Lack of midfield depth on the bench was a bit worrying. Was crying out for a fresh pair of legs with 10 left.

Still, we are playing some glorious stuff at the moment.