Europa League 2020-21 - Page 8 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

16 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Cracking night for both sides.

Some of our play was outstanding tonight. Hopefully due a decent draw after that.

Both goals were excellent passing moves. Hard to pick which ones was the best but if pushed I’d say the second. Tab collecting the ball at right back and then being up the park to nod it in seconds later is a prime example of how import he is to our system. I could be wrong but I think their goal was their only effort on target. 

3 hours ago, Mitre said:

CELTICSparta Prague, AC Milan and Lille

Benfica, Standard Liege, RANGERS and Lech Poznan

Looks tough on paper but I think most people would struggle to name 5 AC Milan players.  They finished 12 points behind Lazio last season and we beat them home and away.  

6 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Looks tough on paper but I think most people would struggle to name 5 AC Milan players.  They finished 12 points behind Lazio last season and we beat them home and away.  

It also depends how serious ac milan and lille take this competition

10 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

It also depends how serious ac milan and lille take this competition

Lennon says old firm have raised the bar in Europe, obviously forgotten getting a Hungarian humping in the champions league 👏

Gerrard's record in Europe has been excellent and we are beating some reasonable sides. Three seasons in a row in the group stages of the Europa has restored our credibility. I think Gerrard might be on his way at the end of this season along with a few other players. I think Gerrard will be managing Liverpool at the start of next season.

2 hours ago, EddardStark said:

Gerrard's record in Europe has been excellent and we are beating some reasonable sides. Three seasons in a row in the group stages of the Europa has restored our credibility. I think Gerrard might be on his way at the end of this season along with a few other players. I think Gerrard will be managing Liverpool at the start of next season.

Agree on your first point

Having potentially won nothing in Scotland with the money he's had won't be capturing Liverpool's interest, surely?

5 hours ago, EddardStark said:

I look like everyone else' - Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp responds to his  'Kloppelgangers' - Mirror Online

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, in5omniac said:

2nd goal was tasty. Looked to be a bit of a scuffle after the whistle 

Tasty? Understatement of the year.

I am not a Rangers fan but that goal is a strong, strong candidate for goal of the season. He picked up the ball just outside the Rangers half, held off two or three challenges getting to the halfway line and hit a curling dipping shot over the keeper into the net. Years ago people creamed themselves over the Beckham goal - this was way better.