Europa League 2020-21 - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Dons up 2 nil. Cagey first 30 minutes but dons finally get through a stubborn defence. 

Why is the mutant alex rae on premier sports? 

Its bad enough the BBC think he is worth listening to but now we have him on TV.

With all the Orange lodges closed due to COVID, he can't go doing his guest speaker anymore for his fish supper and beer money. So needs must.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

23 minutes ago, stirlish said:

Coleraine beat maribor away from home on penalties

Which means Motherwell are seeded in the next round.

Boooooom! 😂

Just to put in context how difficult it is to get to the group stages, if the majority of seeds make the play off round, AC Milan would be unseeded.

AC Mi-fuckin’-lan unseeded.

What chance have Motherwell or Aberdeen got. 😂

(I should be on commission, but this website is your diddy team European qualifying bible! 
https://kassiesa.net/uefa/seedel2020.html

)

8 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Which means Motherwell are seeded in the next round.

Boooooom! 😂

Just to put in context how difficult it is to get to the group stages, if the majority of seeds make the play off round, AC Milan would be unseeded.

AC Mi-fuckin’-lan unseeded.

What chance have Motherwell or Aberdeen got. 😂

(I should be on commission, but this website is your diddy team European qualifying bible! 
https://kassiesa.net/uefa/seedel2020.html

)

That’s far too much of a headache to even attempt to make any sense of. All I know is what it really means is they’re doing everything possible to stop the likes of Aberdeen & Motherwell from qualifying for the groups. 

"Now, Celtic have bombed out of the Champions League, Aberdeen and Motherwell have both turned into Bayern Munich, and there is a dollop of positivity around the Scotland squad. Best go outside and check the world is still turning on its axis." - BBC

If Aberdeen win, they play PSV Eindhoven, Sporting Lisbon or the winners of Honvéd and Malmo.

Motherwell would get the winners of IFK v Copenhagen, Osijek v Basle, KF Laçi v Hapoel Beer Sheva, or Backa Topola v Steau Bucharest.

🤷‍♂️

8 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

If Aberdeen win, they play PSV Eindhoven, Sporting Lisbon or the winners of Honvéd and Malmo.

Motherwell would get the winners of IFK v Copenhagen, Osijek v Basle, KF Laçi v Hapoel Beer Sheva, or Backa Topola v Steau Bucharest.

🤷‍♂️

It’s basically Uefas idea of saying, ok lads, you’ve had your fun, now it’s time to get out and let the preferred teams play football. 

27 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

It’s basically Uefas idea of saying, ok lads, you’ve had your fun, now it’s time to get out and let the preferred teams play football. 

If aberdeen beat vikin and get a home tie against the next opponent, its a one off tie. If we win it, we are seeded for the playoff

As much as i hate the format of the Europa and the CL, this is arguably an opportunity for aberdeen

10 minutes ago, Debian said:

Would Sporting or PSV fancy a one off tie up in Aberdeen on a cold Thursday night?

I'm going for 3/3 wins in round 2, and at least 3/4 from round 3.

I hope you're right - particularly with the tie being in Aberdeen!

The Portuguese league doesn't start until 20th if September and the Dutch league just a week earlier. Hopefully their not fully up to speed.

The Viking game could also go either way. 

24 minutes ago, 86glebestreet said:

Sporting Lisbon for Aberdeen 

rangers away to progres or Willam I I 

motherwell away you be er shava or  called KF laci 

Is it not Sporting club of Portugal not Sporting Lisbon , different teams i think

Will be funny if rangers get Williem 11  He is King Billy afterall....