Kevin Nisbet - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Kevin Nisbet

er yir macaroon

15 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Lol a couple more goals and he will be in the Scotland squad. 

How no like ? 60 goals in the last 2 years, Him and shankland been the most prolific Scottish strikers in recent times . Who else would you suggest could be In the running for a call up ?

Edited by loanhead-tartan

14 minutes ago, loanhead-tartan said:

How no like ? 60 goals in the last 2 years, Him and shankland been the most prolific Scottish strikers in recent times . Who else would you suggest could be In the running for a call up ?

I wasn't suggesting he doesn't deserve it, I am just saying it doesn't take much to get a striker spot in our squad. We have a serious lack of talented options up front that anybody scoring goals at any level(within reason) has a chance of getting called up. 

23 minutes ago, loanhead-tartan said:

Speaking of Shankland, I notice he didn't feature for Dundee United today. I take it he was injured?

11 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

I wasn't suggesting he doesn't deserve it, I am just saying it doesn't take much to get a striker spot in our squad. We have a serious lack of talented options up front that anybody scoring goals at any level(within reason) has a chance of getting called up. 

Aye I agree with you we’ve been lacking up front for that many years, strikers who hit a bit of form get touted straight away . Shankland and nisbet have been making all the right moves though long may it continue 

Edited by loanhead-tartan

1 hour ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Is Nisbet any good at playing up front on his own, holding the ball up, with someone playing in behind him or does he need to play with someone up alongside him ?

I know these things can be misleading but the video would suggest Yes. 

Some touch on him and seems strong. 

Please god no....   he has only just started playing in the spl which is in itself a poor league.  Granted he scored a hat trick, but it was against Livingston.  If he scores a hat trick against Celtic and Rangers I’m interested but at the moment a mile away from Scotland. Or let me put it this way he should be a mile away but we do have a dearth of centre forward talent.

8 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

Please god no....   he has only just started playing in the spl which is in itself a poor league.  Granted he scored a hat trick, but it was against Livingston.  If he scores a hat trick against Celtic and Rangers I’m interested but at the moment a mile away from Scotland. Or let me put it this way he should be a mile away but we do have a dearth of centre forward talent.

Yeh i don't think anyone is suggesting he should be called up right now but if he was to score a goal every second game then he would defo have to be considered for the squad. 

12 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Is Nisbet any good at playing up front on his own, holding the ball up, with someone playing in behind him or does he need to play with someone up alongside him ?

His hold up play is decent. You could see his development over the year at Dunfermline so hopefully he can keep up the progression at hibs and become an option 👍

Obviously too soon to consider him but I believe in being positive about players emerging slightly unexpectedly.  We need to widen our pool of forwards and play those in form. McBurnie, Griffiths, Shankland, Dykes*, Nisbet, Naismith, Burke, Brophy, Stewart etc are hardly world class but at least there are options. Hornby and Appere could even join them. Very happy to sit back and watch how Nisbet gets on.

*yeah, I know.

I seen him a few times in League 1 and the Championship and he was always impressive and looked far too good for the lower leagues. Great hold up play, can score, and seeing him v Livi - looks like he's in great shape too - Not that he was fat, but he looks super trim right now too.

Watched the match tonight to see how he played, didn't get much change out of Reynolds and Connolly. Couple of decent turns and hold up play but nothing really to get excited about.

Best Scottish player on the park was the young Hibs left back ( again) Doig. Hanlon looked better then Porteous. Appere looked off the pace and the young United subs has little to no impact. There's time for them.