Sign in to follow this  
kumnio

Tory Rapist

@Alan which of your buddies is it? any condemnation from you? or is he in the wrong party this time?

Apparently his name isnt being released to protect his identity, which is fucking staggering.

I cant be bothered doing another new Tory related topic, but obviously no connection to this thread, Mark Francois has deleted his social media accounts, and not done any media for a while, wonder if he is ok.

• Haha 1

On 8/2/2020 at 7:36 PM, kumnio said:

@Alan which of your buddies is it? any condemnation from you? or is he in the wrong party this time?

Apparently his name isnt being released to protect his identity, which is fucking staggering.

I cant be bothered doing another new Tory related topic, but obviously no connection to this thread, Mark Francois has deleted his social media accounts, and not done any media for a while, wonder if he is ok.

I've hardly seen it reported as well.

I actually agree with keeping the accused's identity a secret until after a verdict has been reached but of course it is the mind bending double standard and contrast to how Alex Salmond was treated that is the shocking thing.

Anyway I hope Mark Francois is ok. Maybe he and Alan are on holiday together.

29 minutes ago, thplinth said:

I've hardly seen it reported as well.

I actually agree with keeping the accused's identity a secret until after a verdict has been reached but of course it is the mind bending double standard and contrast to how Alex Salmond was treated that is the shocking thing.

Anyway I hope Mark Francois is ok. Maybe he and Alan are on holiday together.

So do I, I cant really think of anything apart from paedophilic stuff which would be worse to be falsely accused of. Once tarnished, even being 100% innocent, the mud would stick.

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

So do I, I cant really think of anything apart from paedophilic stuff which would be worse to be falsely accused of. Once tarnished, even being 100% innocent, the mud would stick.

It's a really tricky one.  Particularly in cases of serial abusers, for example Jim Torbett and Barry Bennell, publically naming them has caused other victims to come forward which has helped to secure convictions that wouldn't have happened otherwise.   Sexual offences are very difficult to prosecute for pretty obvious reasons and anything that helps that, so long as it doesn't compromise a fair trial, is okay in my book.  There probably needs to be a lot more help and support for people wrongly accused to start to rebuild their lives, I suspect that right now, they basically get shown the door at the court and that's it.

in this particular case, I smell a high court injunction is why he can't be named. 

My understanding is cause it will identify the victim by naming the accuser. Not sure if I can explain why without exposing the victim. The press printed something that will allow jigsaw identification if the accused name is now released.