Scottish Premiership clubs can sell games on pay-per-view - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Premiership clubs can sell games on pay-per-view

As a season ticket holder at United we get a link 48 hours before home matches to watch for free. PPV for non ticket holders is £12 I think. Good idea in my book. I think we have Motherwell away the following week and they are around £12 as well. I’ll happily pay PPV the Well game.  

I did see that Livingston are charging £20 which is a bit silly. 

Also, good news for Celtic and Rangers fans when they play St Johnstone, I understand they will be handling over three quarters  of their bandwidth. 

1 hour ago, Jim Beem said:

Also, good news for Celtic and Rangers fans when they play St Johnstone, I understand they will be handling over three quarters  of their bandwidth. 

Outstanding 😂😂

I would happily pay for it.  Hesgoal is not reliable and feel guilty that the clubs get no benefit.  So definitely up for that.  Would that include when fans can get back in once this is over?  The real supporters of clubs will go anyway but it mean fans can watch and benefit the clubs anyway.  Seems a win win to me.

Why do Livi think they are worth more than most other teams? 😂

Genuine question, as it’s one of the dearer away grounds, not quite tynecastle, but you’d think they’d be trying to get decent crowds in. Motherwell have played them in league cup and shown we’ll take a big support if they don’t rip the piss on pricing.

2 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Why do Livi think they are worth more than most other teams? 😂

Genuine question, as it’s one of the dearer away grounds, not quite tynecastle, but you’d think they’d be trying to get decent crowds in. Motherwell have played them in league cup and shown we’ll take a big support if they don’t rip the piss on pricing.

I would guess it’s to try and maximise profit from a small home support, it’s the old adage of what’s better, 10,000 fans at £20 or 20,000 fans at £10. 

Like most, I think it’s too high, but I suppose we don’t know if there’s any incentives for their home fans to buy into it and assuming away fans will pay for a cheaper away game.