Help for Tidy and Tasa - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Help for Tidy and Tasa

I  have been in a competition at work where I need to guess the results of the EPL games over this season and by some small miracle , and with one game to go, I find myself in a position where I could win a cash prize 😁

Being a  wee middle aged wummin who has ridden her luck to get this far , I have decided to seek your help to get me over the line and in return I will pledge 50% of any winnings to TASA. Its a bit of an ask, I am in 7th position out of 43, and I need to get into 4th position to have a hope of winning anything, but it can be done.

Below are this weeks games and the points you get for each result. I need you tell me if each game will be a home win, a draw or an away win. 

As you can see  you are awarded more points for a more unlikely result. I may need to take a bit of a gamble on some games as I am 10 points behind the person in 4 th position .I would appreciate any help you can offer. I will go with the most popular choice for each match. 

I need the choices by Sunday Morning. I know there is probably an easier way of collating the info but I am not very technical. 
As an added in incentive I will make a small donation to TASA no matter what. 

0E214E8B-9EE1-4619-B96C-559592665062.jpeg.eece62a4987d4a604d34e31e8b8c8364.jpeg

8B3EE1DB-4FAD-493F-9A4A-D140368342C4.thumb.jpeg.504ec942b9d1e3e4e89d860b5ac59d3d.jpeg

13 hours ago, Rolling hIlls said:

I knew it.  Not pleased with a new iron and a damaged Tweed set which includes the talc.  Not a clue about English football pal.  Glenlivet Forever though.

You dont need to know anything, wtf do you think I know about it and I am in 7th position. Get yer choices made. 

7 hours ago, Farcity said:

1,2,1,X,1,1,X,2,1,x

Much appreciated. Your contribution means TASA will get a donation no matter what. 

The rest of you get yer finger out. Wtf else have you got to be doing with your time in a global pandemic? There is a contribution to TASA at stake and you dont even need to wear a mask, what other encouragement do you need. 

45 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

You dont need to know anything, wtf do you think I know about it and I am in 7th position. Get yer choices made. 

Much appreciated. Your contribution means TASA will get a donation no matter what. 

The rest of you get yer finger out. Wtf else have you got to be doing with your time in a global pandemic? There is a contribution to TASA at stake and you dont even need to wear a mask, what other encouragement do you need. 

Ok Ok you are so demanding!

My opinion here is worth exactly what you are paying me for it, but if I was to pull one game out of there that might buck the odds it would be Arsenal-Watford. Arsenal aren’t playing for anything, Watford could stay up if they get a point & Villa lose at West Ham. So you’d expect Watford to go at them hell for leather especially early on.

Of the others, I don’t see much that will defy the odds too much. Southampton maybe a draw based on nothing more than I was down there for their last game against us a year back & with nothing to play for they looked bored. 

However, if I knew how to beat bookies then I’d probably have a bigger house so hey-ho!

Thanks for everyone’s responses. @Farcity, your results are exactly the same as mine , that in itself deserves a prize 🙂
Its good to get some info on potential unexpected results  and is exactly the kind of info I am looking for, my strategy up till now has simply been to look at the teams’ respective league positions and their last 4 results. I was brave during the week though and took a West Ham /Man U draw which helped quite a bit. 

How’s about getting some more responses on here, you cant avoid the EPL there must be more posters out there with a view on the possible  results . 

2 hours ago, Jersey Jim said:

1,X,1, X,1,1,1, X,X,X
No away wins for me, that’ll get you a few points

Cheers Jimmy, controversial Liverpool result , I like your thinking.  
If I get a placing I will add my 50 % winnings to your £100 Jersey welfare voucher for next month 😁

34 minutes ago, morrie21 said:

F the EPL. Wouldn't it be better if a Scottish workplace (I am assuming you work in Scotland here) ran a Scottish Premiership predictions contest?

I work for a company that covers the whole of the UK, but the competition started years ago when we were owned by an overseas company , and the EPL was chosen by them. I doubt it was a slur on the SPL, just the simple fact more people are familiar with the EPL. 

The fact that it is EPL games is not really that important, its a bit of fun and the chance for TASA get a few quid if I get enough points in this final game. 

It would be good if you could contribute, but no sweat if not. 

44 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I work for a company that covers the whole of the UK, but the competition started years ago when we were owned by an overseas company , and the EPL was chosen by them. I doubt it was a slur on the SPL, just the simple fact more people are familiar with the EPL. 

The fact that it is EPL games is not really that important, its a bit of fun and the chance for TASA get a few quid if I get enough points in this final game. 

A company that covers the whole of the UK?  U selling shawls and quilts?

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

Cheers Jimmy, controversial Liverpool result , I like your thinking.  
If I get a placing I will add my 50 % winnings to your £100 Jersey welfare voucher for next month 😁

There’s a chance Liverpool could lose, depends what team he plays now the title is over and their last home game has gone. If I was to pick a surprise result I think that would be it.

2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

I don't watch or pay any attention to the EPL so my contribution to predictions on scorelines from it wouldn't be worth the message board space they took up. All the best though and hope the charity does well.

15 hours ago, morrie21 said:

I don't watch or pay any attention to the EPL so my contribution to predictions on scorelines from it wouldn't be worth the message board space they took up. All the best though and hope the charity does well.

👍

Ok I have chosen the tips.  Burnley, Leicester, Man City , Everton and West Ham matches were all but unanimous so going with the clear cut choices there. 
Small divide on the Crystal Palace / Spurs but I am going with the majority , Spurs. 
Southampton / Sheffield split down the middle . Was tempted to go for a draw but the few extra points aren’t worth the gamble as Southamptons recent form has been good. 
Chelsea /Wolves is split down the middle so I am taking a punt on a draw. 
I was tempted to go for a draw at Arsenal but sticking with a home win because the extra points for a draw arent attractive enough.

Finally , I am putting all my money on black AND red and going for a draw at Newcastle. 

So ......1x1x11x21x    🤞🤞

Just to be upfront about my final placing I have sent @Flure a screenshot of the table as it sits just now. It has my name on it else I would post it on here. I know Flure off this board. 
 I will also send him the final placings after todays results are updated. He will confirm on here. 

I know you all trust that I am an honest upstanding citizen, or you perhaps dont give a fook,  but since I have offered 50% of any winnings to TASA  i think it is only right I provide evidence of my final position.

25 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Hi pal.  I would have been no use to you.  Never watch English Football and only had about 3 coupons up and last 2 years.  On the other hand I have a bet with Kumnio which he will donate to your chosen charity.  I will throw in the iron x

No problem. I understand that it may be counter productive to place tips on something you know little about. Hasnt stopped me getting into 7 th place right enough. Infact there are only 2 women in the whole competition , both of us  know nothing about the EPL, and we are both in the top 10. Mental. 

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

Just to be upfront about my final placing I have sent @Flure a screenshot of the table as it sits just now. It has my name on it else I would post it on here. I know Flure off this board. 
 I will also send him the final placings after todays results are updated. He will confirm on here. 

I know you all trust that I am an honest upstanding citizen, or you perhaps dont give a fook,  but since I have offered 50% of any winnings to TASA  i think it is only right I provide evidence of my final position.

Aye, so she did. And here it's here....

Screen Shot 2020-07-26 at 15.45.42.png