Jude Bellingham - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Jude Bellingham

Signed for Dortmund for between £25 and £30 million as a 17 year old, unbelievable price.

Receives racist abuse, sadly believable.

Birmingham retire his number as a mark of respect, WTF 😂

Englands talent in the teens and early 20s is quite staggering unfortunately.

The club said: “In such a remarkably short space of time Jude has become an iconic figure at Blues, showing what can be achieved through talent, hard work and dedication.

“His caring, humble and engaging off-the-field demeanour has also made him such an impressive role model.

“The No 22 shirt has become synonymous with Jude, his rise to the first team aged just 16 years and 38 days and these qualities. As such the Club have decided it would be fitting to retire this number, to remember one of our own and to inspire others.”

44 games and 4 goals 😂😂

23 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

“black people only think about money”

Sure it’s racist but hardly the worst thing you’ll read on social media. 

Is that seriously it? Thats 1/10 on the scale.

I’d imagine the decision to retire his jersey probably went through a few people and possibly even a board before getting signed off. That means several people had the chance to say “don’t be so fucking stupid” and no one did. An absolutely ridiculous decision. 

6 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

The club said: “In such a remarkably short space of time Jude has become an iconic figure at Blues, showing what can be achieved through talent, hard work and dedication.

“His caring, humble and engaging off-the-field demeanour has also made him such an impressive role model.

“The No 22 shirt has become synonymous with Jude, his rise to the first team aged just 16 years and 38 days and these qualities. As such the Club have decided it would be fitting to retire this number, to remember one of our own and to inspire others.”

44 games and 4 goals 😂😂

Raul getting his Schalke number retired (lasted 1 season) was bizarre but he scored a shit load and helped win two trophies and a year later it got unretired.

Fuck, Matt Le Tissier number never even got retired.

Edited by phart

1 hour ago, phart said:

Raul getting his Schalke number retired (lasted 1 season) was bizarre but he scored a shit load and helped win two trophies and a year later it got unretired.

Fuck, Matt Le Tissier number never even got retired.

Didn’t know about Raul, that’s very strange considering his legacy is with Madrid and not Schalke. 

Played v Stoke a couple of games back and was looking forward to watching him.  Did nowt but moan throughout and didn't really stand out although he was playing within himself to protect against injury.  His touch was decent and he's a big youth but the game passed him by.  

Had a look for youtube highlights after expecting see the reincarnation of the Kaiser but even his six minutes on there repeats the same stuff umpteen times.  

However, my scouting prowess vs Dortmund's mean he's probably going to be an absolute monster by the time he's 21.  England's team could be scary if they can uncover a decent centre half.  

GK - Henderson

RB - TAA/James/ Wan Bissaka 

CB - Gomez 

LB - Shaw/Chilwell/ Williams (looks like won a raffle to me but seem to rate him at United)

CM - Rice/ Bellingham / Foden / Skipp / Willock

FW - Sancho/ Greenwood/ Rashford/ Hudson Odoi/ Brewster/ Nelson/ Sessegnon/ Elliott

Some of them will not make it and some will be proper over rated but that is a scary amount of young talent available.  

Edited by ThistleWhistle

On 7/24/2020 at 9:35 AM, Jersey Jim said:

Load of Americanised Pish

I think it should only ever be done if a club legend passes away whilst still playing.

Although sometimes you look at someone wearing a number at a club after a legend has left and think it just doesn't look right. When Puyol retired im sure Dani Alves took the number 5 which was weird then busquets ended up with it. Just didnt seem right.

Or anyone at Celtic wearing the number 7 after Larrsson but again this will have happened over the years for each generation

On 7/28/2020 at 7:30 AM, Kirk said:

I think it should only ever be done if a club legend passes away whilst still playing.

Although sometimes you look at someone wearing a number at a club after a legend has left and think it just doesn't look right. When Puyol retired im sure Dani Alves took the number 5 which was weird then busquets ended up with it. Just didnt seem right.

Or anyone at Celtic wearing the number 7 after Larrsson but again this will have happened over the years for each generation

The way it's supposed to work in football is that a legend makes the shirt a special number that other special players inherit... Man Utd number 7 is probably one of the best examples. This decision is outrageous on numerous levels.

As for England's current youthful talent, I think Chilwell and TAA are genuinely good fullbacks, Foden's got potential and some of they're strikers are pretty good (but that's always the case with England). We are likely to have a massively overinflated opinion of English youngsters for three reasons...

- We get English TV commentary where every good thing they do is magnified beyond belief and every bad thing is completely overlooked

- They command inflated transfer rates because of the massive amounts of money floating around English football

- We're comparing them against Scottish youngsters. They're sourcing from the Chelsea and Man United youth systems, we're sourcing from Motherwell and Hamilton mainly.

18 hours ago, COLT NY said:

The way it's supposed to work in football is that a legend makes the shirt a special number that other special players inherit... Man Utd number 7 is probably one of the best examples. This decision is outrageous on numerous levels.

As for England's current youthful talent, I think Chilwell and TAA are genuinely good fullbacks, Foden's got potential and some of they're strikers are pretty good (but that's always the case with England). We are likely to have a massively overinflated opinion of English youngsters for three reasons...

- We get English TV commentary where every good thing they do is magnified beyond belief and every bad thing is completely overlooked

- They command inflated transfer rates because of the massive amounts of money floating around English football

- We're comparing them against Scottish youngsters. They're sourcing from the Chelsea and Man United youth systems, we're sourcing from Motherwell and Hamilton mainly.

Yeah I know what you mean, probably why I question certain guys taking numbers at certain clubs. 

I think Chilwell is good but overrated,  TAA is a cracking player without doubt. Foden should be a great player if he sticks at it and bides his time. Rashford to me is just meh, hes clearly good but he's not outstanding and Kane is worth fuck all if he doesnt go and play in a team where he might win something. 

The money is just daft though