Czech Republic away. - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Czech Republic away.

McTeeko

Czech FA confirm game behind closed doors, and that UEFA will confirm all games are behind closed doors (but should they change their mind, they will decide upon that)

Edited by wanderer

3 minutes ago, Fish Supper said:

Wanderer, where did you get this info from mate?

Czech FA site

https://repre.fotbal.cz/zapasy-ceske-reprezentace-budou-na-podzim-zatim-bez-divaku/a12663

The matches of the Czech national team will be without spectators in the autumn

For the time being, the Czech national team will have to do without the support of its fans. The European Football Union has decided that all matches under the UEFA banner will be played without spectators for the time being. 

This will apply until a possible further decision by the UEFA Executive Committee on the whole matter.

Although the Czech government admits the presence of fans at football in a restricted regime, all autumn matches of the national team are organized by UEFA. And for the time being, it will not allow spectators in all its senior men's and women's competitions to stadiums for hygienic reasons related to the COVID-19 pandemic.

The FACR must respect this regulation, so it will not sell tickets for the League of Nations v Scotland match (September 7, 2020). Should UEFA's opinion change in this direction, the Czech Association is ready to react immediately according to the newly set conditions.

UEFA monitors the situation and communicates with its members. According to her earlier statement, she is ready to change the decision regarding the audience as soon as the situation in Europe allows.

At the same time, the FACR is intensively involved in how to offer fans the experience of watching the matches of the Czech national team even without their presence at the stadium. At the beginning of August, he will present a unique project that will bring the fans of the national team as close as possible to the team.

1 hour ago, wanderer said:

Czech FA site

At the same time, the FACR is intensively involved in how to offer fans the experience of watching the matches of the Czech national team even without their presence at the stadium. At the beginning of August, he will present a unique project that will bring the fans of the national team as close as possible to the team.

Cheers!   I wonder what this bit means.

I also wonder whether KLM will cancel our flights.

17 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

Cheers!   I wonder what this bit means.

I also wonder whether KLM will cancel our flights.

Why would they cancel flights? KLM have been flying to Prague from Amsterdam since May and from Glasgow to Amsterdam for over a month now.

51 minutes ago, Paisley Buddie said:

Why would they cancel flights? KLM have been flying to Prague from Amsterdam since May and from Glasgow to Amsterdam for over a month now.

BA and Lufthansa have canceled a lot of their flights (but seems to be a case one leg seems to be canceled... be it Glasgow-Ed to London or Frankfurt to Prague etc....), not really seen much in the way of KLM cancellations.

Ryanair canceled a Vienna-Tel Aviv flight last night that has seen a lot of people have their Israel plans for November messed up.

2 hours ago, wanderer said:

Ryanair canceled a Vienna-Tel Aviv flight last night that has seen a lot of people have their Israel plans for November messed up.

?!?!?!

I'm on one of those flights, but the bastards haven't contacted me.

After reading your post, I've just checked and my flight is indeed cancelled.

It's quite staggering a football fans forum is more informative than an airline you've paid money to.

15 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

?!?!?!

I'm on one of those flights, but the bastards haven't contacted me.

After reading your post, I've just checked and my flight is indeed cancelled.

It's quite staggering a football fans forum is more informative than an airline you've paid money to.

Mate mentioned it on Facebook last night (he never received a email also), and I just logged on to my easyjet, wizz and ryanair apps to check the flights I had booked, and only one coming up canceled was my Edinburgh - Vienna flight, and like you, never received a email about. 

8 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Mate mentioned it on Facebook last night (he never received a email also), and I just logged on to my easyjet, wizz and ryanair apps to check the flights I had booked, and only one coming up canceled was my Edinburgh - Vienna flight, and like you, never received a email about. 

Your EDI-VIE was cancelled, but what about your Tel Aviv flight?

That was not with Ryanair? Or you are flying on a different day?

2 minutes ago, Rich NATA said:

Your EDI-VIE was cancelled, but what about your Tel Aviv flight?

That was not with Ryanair? Or you are flying on a different day?

I am on the silly o'clock in the morning Wizz Vienna - Tel Aviv flight (I was originally Krakow - Tel Aviv, but with the game being moved, that messed up my plans and used the free booking option to move my flight to the Vienna one)

I believe there is a really cheap Budapest - Tel Aviv Ryanair flight going just now, but I would be in no rush to rebook at the moment.

I'm due to be on the Saturday (5th) flight from Manchester to Prague.

Not showing now on Easyjet website but haven't heard anything from them as to whether or not it's been cancelled.

Anybody else on this and heard anything yet?

1 hour ago, Rich NATA said:

So, who's going no matter what and are you going to Prague or Olomouc?

Booked for Prague,and was going to take train to Olomouc.Really not sure what to do.Would be able to cancel hotel for free,but obviously would lose the flight money.This whole carry on is starting to get expensive,especially with no match at the end of it.