Czech Republic away. - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Czech Republic away.

McTeeko

These have mainly been matches against less attractive opposition where a relatively small crowd is expected, and it has therefore been unnecessary to play the match in Prague.

12,566 capacity.   Not much room to spread out.   Looks like they are not lifting restrictions then?

This has been picked due to its location as being close to the Slovak border and the Czech Republic playing in Bratislava a few days later (so saves on travel).

Part of me does suspect they know away fans will not be allowed, so playing it out the way so fans who do travel to Prague will be less inclined to travel onward.

SFA and SSC stressing that no decision on fans has been made, but I suspect it will be worth very little as Easyjet canceled a lot of their August flights last week, so I expect emails will start to flow through about September cancellations very soon.

35 minutes ago, COLT NY said:

I'm surprised they're inviting us back after the last time. I wonder if we had to give guarantees that we'd bring some attacking players.

Seeing as it's a Nations League Fixture I'm pretty sure UEFA would have had something to say had they refused to play us. 

9 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

12,566 capacity.   Not much room to spread out.   Looks like they are not lifting restrictions then?

Looks like they have won 7 out of 10 games played there which may also factor in their thinking

3 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Budapest? ;)

😄 If you are counting, then I was only in Prague for the two games we lost, but I've been there on three other occasions.

In 2017 I found a great Belgian pub in Budapest for beers and snacks and did manage to re-find it around the 2018 game.   Only 'cause I keep highlights on a map now.

The Czech FA does not have any info as of yet if fans will be allowed.   They are awaiting instructions from UEFA.  My guess is that fans will not be allowed.  

It is also my understanding that the restriction of 500 people applies to indoor events, but I could be wrong.  The country has seen an increase in cases, mostly from the mining region in the north east, as well as 100 people from a nightclub in Prague.  However, it is spreading again, so I suspect there will be new restrictions in the coming days and weeks.

This appears to be my second post in 14 years ;)

Edited by Sigma