Fixtures 20/21 - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

4 hours ago, Debian said:

Β 

Slasher was on the Monday batter

Β 

I was, a very pleasant evening it was too. Didn't realise I'd attracted the attention of the boards resident arsehole. πŸ™…β€β™‚οΈΒ Edit to say, I didn't mean you lol

Edited by slasher

3 minutes ago, slasher said:

I was, a very pleasant evening it was too. Didn't realise I'd attracted the attention of the boards resident arsehole. πŸ™…β€β™‚οΈ

To confirm, you mean RH and not me?

Why is the fixture list totally run by Celtic all the time?

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Stu101 said:

Looking at the fixture list for this season it's now pretty crazy with last seasons cup worked in.

One round of bad weather and cancelled games and we are up against it big time.

League cup should’ve been taken out of the equation this season imo, or possibly retired altogether. Without a european place to the winners, it little more than bragging rights nowadays and would create plenty space.Β 

15 hours ago, dandydunn said:

League cup should’ve been taken out of the equation this season imo, or possibly retired altogether. Without a european place to the winners, it little more than bragging rights nowadays and would create plenty space.Β 

Don't disagree with leaving the league cup out for the coming season if absolutely essential but totally opposed to abolishing it completely. The cups are the only way anyone outwith CelticΒ can win a trophy and since that's what football's all about I'd rather preserve that chance.

19 hours ago, dandydunn said:

I'm pretty sure if you offered fans of say Motherwell who've haven't won anything since @ONeils4oyarderΒ was in primary school a chance at Europe for a couple of seasons or actual silverware in the League Cup, then Europe wouldn't even be a consideration.

No cunt in Scotland can win the league except Celtic these days, the cups at least offer a chance for other teams to win stuff. In Celtic's 10IAR period Killie, Ross County, Aberdeen and St Mirren have won the league cup.

No chance it should be retired.

I've been lucky enough to see Killie plenty in Europe (even last years shit show) and it's great but nothing compares to winning stuff at a packed Hampden.

13 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'm pretty sure if you offered fans of say Motherwell who've haven't won anything since @ONeils4oyarderΒ was in primary school a chance at Europe for a couple of seasons or actual silverware in the League Cup, then Europe wouldn't even be a consideration.

No cunt in Scotland can win the league except Celtic these days, the cups at least offer a chance for other teams to win stuff. In Celtic's 10IAR period Killie, Ross County, Aberdeen and St Mirren have won the league cup.

I've been lucky enough to see Killie plenty in Europe (even last years shit show) and it's great but nothing compares to winning stuff at a packed Hampden.

I think the offered the clubs the option not to pay in the cup this each, and every club came back and said they wanted to. Glad thats the case.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I think the Old firm would want to keep it too as they or at least celtic love winning the treble

I could see the case for dropping the cup this season, but given the talk of ditching the 2nd domestic cup across Europe, I feel it would be the first step to scrapping it completely.

I like the cup and like the group stage format.Β We’ve been able to use it as part of pre-season and enjoyed some summer evenings at Dumbarton, Edinburgh city and Alloa. πŸ˜‚

Its not the Scottish cup, but as another Motherwell fan who hasn’t seen us win anything since primary school, it’s an opportunity.