Glasgow Terrorist Attack - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Glasgow Terrorist Attack

Park Inn on West George Street apparently.    Wouldn't have been any paying guests there obviously.  Some suggestion that it might have been used to temporarily house the homeless but I'm not sure if that's true or not.

2 minutes ago, aaid said:

Park Inn on West George Street apparently.    Wouldn't have been any paying guests there obviously.  Some suggestion that it might have been used to temporarily house the homeless but I'm not sure if that's true or not.

The tweet i saw said it was used for asylum seekers

14 minutes ago, biffer said:

Sounds like either an argument between asylum seekers / refugees in the hotel or a right wing terror attack. 

Hopefully it’s the first, can’t imagine we could have the second. Either way, terrible day. 

2 minutes ago, scotlad said:

The fact that the polis have actually shot someone dead suggests it was more than just some bam with a knife. They could easily overpower one person without shooting them.

Not really, if he's already killed 3 people,. stabbed multiple others, isn't complying and won't stop - what would you do?

Does suggest it's a bit more than a fight that's gotten out of hand though.

3 minutes ago, aaid said:

Not really, if he's already killed 3 people,. stabbed multiple others, isn't complying and won't stop - what would you do?

I read elsewhere they tried to taser him but the taser failed. The cop with the taser was stabbed repeatedly 

3 minutes ago, Mox said:

Is there any need for terrorist to be in the title? We don't know anything about this at the moment, what the motivation or circumstances were, get it removed.

why does it matter?

3 minutes ago, Mox said:

Is there any need for terrorist to be in the title? We don't know anything about this at the moment, what the motivation or circumstances were, get it removed.

If it turns out to be a right wing attack, I'm sure you'll be totally comfortable with him being described as a loner with a history of mental illness.

25 minutes ago, aaid said:

20 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I read elsewhere they tried to taser him but the taser failed. The cop with the taser was stabbed repeatedly 

That's what I'd do. 

It's rare, very rare, that you hear of police in Scotland shooting people.

It'll become clearer over the course of time, but at the moment there's just something about this that feels different to the usual jakey/junkie/bam Glasgow violence.

Edited by scotlad

2 minutes ago, scotlad said:

It'll become clearer over the course of time, but at the moment there's just something about this that feels different to the usual jakey/junkie/bam Glasgow violence.

Totally agree - unless it's someone off their tits on crystal-meth or something - not that I'm suggesting that's the case.

28 minutes ago, Mox said:

Get it removed? How about get to fuck 👍

23 minutes ago, aaid said:

If it turns out to be a right wing attack, I'm sure you'll be totally comfortable with him being described as a loner with a history of mental illness.

We don't know anything about the incident, at the moment it's not a terrorist attack of any nature and it infers, whether you like it or not, Muslim or brown people being involved. 

1 minute ago, Mox said:

We don't know anything about the incident, at the moment it's not a terrorist attack of any nature and it infers, whether you like it or not, Muslim or brown people being involved. 

Seemingly as victims in this case though.