Closed doors - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Closed doors

Jmcq

2 hours ago, wanderer said:

They are also requesting for flags to be sent in to fill up the stands..... says to me they are clutching at straws in hope for October, but just getting things ready for next month

At least they are trying to do something. But if there are fans in the ground in Sep or Oct I will eat that cardboard cut out of myself. 

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

I was thinking of getting the cardboard cut out for a laugh. I started the purchasing process and expected them to ask you to upload a photo. But it wanted to take a pic of you  there and then, I was in my bloody dressing gown !  😂

😀

cardboard.jpg

In Record today (though story is from Keith Jackson, so taking with the largest pinch of salt) that the Scottish Government have given ok for Edinburgh v Glasgow Rugby at Murryfield next week to have 1000 fans allowed in as a "test" event.

UEFA confirm that September games are ALL closed doors (as its to early to assess different criteria), but plan to use the Super Cup final on the 23rd of September as a "test event" and will consider for after that.

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/mediaservices/mediareleases/news/0260-102b2c2ace44-637fb4a08f89-1000--uefa-meets-general-secretaries-of-member-associations/

Edited by wanderer

3 hours ago, wanderer said:

UEFA confirm that September games are ALL closed doors (as its to early to assess different criteria), but plan to use the Super Cup final on the 23rd of September as a "test event" and will consider for after that.

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/mediaservices/mediareleases/news/0260-102b2c2ace44-637fb4a08f89-1000--uefa-meets-general-secretaries-of-member-associations/

A test event on 23rd Sept is hardly giving anyone time to arrange travel & get tickets for the October games.

1 hour ago, scottincarlisle said:

A test event on 23rd Sept is hardly giving anyone time to arrange travel & get tickets for the October games.

True, but rumours for Super Cup it will be capped at 30% capacity, so a glimmer of hope

First hurdle passed, Scottish Government has approved that stadiums can open to a limited capacity from the 14th of September.

Coupled with what UEFA said yesterday, and with the Super Cup final a test event, looks a real possibility that we may get fans in place for the three home games in October (but Scottish Government have stressed this is only if we continue to keep numbers low and under control)

9 minutes ago, wanderer said:

First hurdle passed, Scottish Government has approved that stadiums can open to a limited capacity from the 14th of September.

"Ms Sturgeon explains these are the only changes to restrictions planned for this period but further changes will be possible from Monday 14 September in line with the route map.

These future changes are indicative only."