Closed doors - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Closed doors

Jmcq

3 minutes ago, kumnio said:

SFA communication is as shite as usual.

Over a week ago the Czechs announced it, you think they'd maybe say something by now.

to be fair, only a small hand full of FA's have so far confirmed that their games are behind closed doors, and the Czechs did back up their statement saying that if UEFA changed their minds, they would allow fans in.... so ultimately its UEFA who are causing all this, as the SFA in their last email did stress that no decision has been made (but should have put one out after the Czechs announced it).

4 minutes ago, wanderer said:

to be fair, only a small hand full of FA's have so far confirmed that their games are behind closed doors, and the Czechs did back up their statement saying that if UEFA changed their minds, they would allow fans in.... so ultimately its UEFA who are causing all this, as the SFA in their last email did stress that no decision has been made (but should have put one out after the Czechs announced it).

Bit in brackets is the important bit.

Over the years the SFA have been utterly abysmal at communicating with fans, they either dont care, or are just inept.

1 minute ago, kumnio said:

Bit in brackets is the important bit.

Over the years the SFA have been utterly abysmal at communicating with fans, they either dont care, or are just inept.

Should have, but would have just been a rehash of what their previous email on this was.

Think SFA have one eye more on the Israel game rather than the Czech, as to say Czech game is closed doors, then they have to announce something for the Israel game, and sound of things they are clutching at straws for that one until UEFA ultimately make a decision (far from only FA doing this, as the Dutch keep passing the buck back to UEFA when asked about their game next month).

I think most FA's want the host countries criteria to dictate the games, rather than UEFA making it closed doors across the board, but looks like a number of FA are just announcing the inevitable now.  

3 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Should have, but would have just been a rehash of what their previous email on this was.

The last email says....

In regards to purchased Scotland v Israel play-off tickets we must respect the Scottish Government guidelines during the COVID-19 pandemic and the Route Map out of Lockdown. We will continue to liaise with all relevant groups in the coming weeks and will keep supporters up-to-date with information as we receive it.

As UEFA have told other member associations their decision to ban fans from attending, the SFA have not kept us up to date with info as they receive it. Its pretty clear to me, the SFA are just shit.

4 minutes ago, kumnio said:

The last email says....

As UEFA have told other member associations their decision to ban fans from attending, the SFA have not kept us up to date with info as they receive it. Its pretty clear to me, the SFA are just shit.

UEFA have not actually announced anything yet, as its not been voted on yet, and its more some FA's are taking matters into their own hands ahead of the vote at the next UEFA committee meeting this month (where it will most likely be confirmed).... off the top of my head, its only the Czech, Slovaks and now Iceland that have confirmed its closed doors (England have announced a friendly, but have said its depending on UEFA and they will reverse their decision if need be) 

Edited by wanderer

3 minutes ago, wanderer said:

UEFA have not actually announced anything yet, as its not been voted on yet, and its more FA's are taking matters into their own hands ahead of the vote at the next UEFA committee meeting this month (where it will most likely be confirmed)

The Czechs say UEFA has told them no fans, so a decision has been made somewhere, as have Slovakia and Iceland, have they gone rogue and made things up?

Just now, kumnio said:

The Czechs say UEFA has told them no fans, so a decision has been made somewhere, as have Slovakia and Iceland, have they gone rogue and made things up?

I think this is where the stickler for detail comes in.... UEFA have probably said it will most likely be the case, but until its voted into play, nobody (expect the 3 or 4 who already have) is prepared to say anything on the off chance UEFA turn around and say they will allow fans.

3 FA's out of 55 have so far confirmed, shows SFA are not the worst when it comes to this whole thing (Maxwell was only saying last week that he hopes our match will be a "test" event... and this was after the Czechs had made their announcement).

UEFA had their meeting today, and again its a case of no change.....

They have said there will be a final decision on fans at games by the middle of this month, but open to a partial change on games being behind closed doors. 

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/mediaservices/mediareleases/news/0260-1010f00d989a-ab1d4ca745eb-1000--uefa-meets-with-general-secretaries-from-its-55-member-associat/

Basically for club football they are looking at European ties played on neutral venues in Poland, Hungary, Greece and Cyprus, but when it comes to the September international window they are twiddling their thumbs a few more weeks.

1 minute ago, Squirrelhumper said:

No chance we'll have a crowd at the September games.

Think everyone knows that is the case, but UEFA are dangling the carrot of potential crowds to FA's until the last minute, hence why a large number of teams are holding off their announcement in hope their game is selected as one

2 hours ago, wanderer said:

UEFA had their meeting today, and again its a case of no change.....

They have said there will be a final decision on fans at games by the middle of this month, but open to a partial change on games being behind closed doors. 

The next SFA meeting is also mid August.

I would imagine this will be discussed so we should have a better idea in  ten days or so.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest SSC email still says that the SFA hope to have fans at games...........

We hope to have confirmation soon on whether it will be possible to have any supporters at our upcoming games. All UEFA matches must currently be played behind closed doors but we are in dialogue with European football’s governing body on the subject. We’re also speaking regularly to the Scottish government about when fans can start to attend Scotland matches and SPFL matches again. We’ll have more news on this subject soon.

25 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Latest SSC email still says that the SFA hope to have fans at games...........

We hope to have confirmation soon on whether it will be possible to have any supporters at our upcoming games. All UEFA matches must currently be played behind closed doors but we are in dialogue with European football’s governing body on the subject. We’re also speaking regularly to the Scottish government about when fans can start to attend Scotland matches and SPFL matches again. We’ll have more news on this subject soon.

I see they are offering a ‘discounted’ price of £15 to get a cardboard cut out of yourself for the game, and future games , so I dont think they can be too optimistic. 

7 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I see they are offering a ‘discounted’ price of £15 to get a cardboard cut out of yourself for the game, and future games , so I dont think they can be too optimistic. 

I hope poor Ramy only has to pay £7.50 🙂

57 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

They are also requesting for flags to be sent in to fill up the stands..... says to me they are clutching at straws in hope for October, but just getting things ready for next month

3 hours ago, Tiny Tim said:

I hope poor Ramy only has to pay £7.50 🙂

😂 dont you pick on Ramy he is my pal. Though he could fill up an entire stand with the number of selfies he has on here. 

I was thinking of getting the cardboard cut out for a laugh. I started the purchasing process and expected them to ask you to upload a photo. But it wanted to take a pic of you  there and then, I was in my bloody dressing gown !  😂