Closed doors - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Closed doors

Jmcq

1 hour ago, scottincarlisle said:

England v Wales on October 8th at Wembley to be played behind closed doors so I'm beginning to have doubts. 

I was just about to post this, looking grim.

Boris has said October before crowds can return (similar to what Jason Leitch and Scottish Government have been saying for last few weeks) and that social distancing will be in place until November, so imagine that is crowds capped at 10% or 5000 depending on what is lower).

17 hours ago, scottincarlisle said:

England v Wales on October 8th at Wembley to be played behind closed doors so I'm beginning to have doubts. 

Boris johnson has just been on tv saying they will open stadiumd to crowds in October.Why are

Outdoor venues haven't been particularly implicated in outbreaks as far as I can tell. There doesn't seem to have been a massive spike after BLM protests for instance or even after the ridiculous crowding on some English beaches.  Are the fears more to do with transport to stadia?  Fans singing/shouting?

3 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

Outdoor venues haven't been particularly implicated in outbreaks as far as I can tell. There doesn't seem to have been a massive spike after BLM protests for instance or even after the ridiculous crowding on some English beaches.  Are the fears more to do with transport to stadia?  Fans singing/shouting?

And even if a spike was caused by BLM protests they'd find a way of blaming it on old Whitey! 

On 7/17/2020 at 7:37 PM, Hertsscot said:

Think they have HertsScot. Cheltenham Festival and Liverpool V Atletico Madrid were particularly blamed for higher levels of Covid in their areas. Not sure if true but definately had the finger pointed at.

FWIW think all September / October matches will be behind closed doors but could favour us in the away match again Norway or, in particularly Serbia.

I think it unlikely there will be  a huge crowd in September if any.  We might have reduced capacity in October - hopefully we will have guidance next month though expectations were no crowds before October.

14 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Wonder when we'll get a refund for the play off game....

I suspect once we get the August Champions League and Europa League games out the way, UEFA might start hinting that games beyond the September international window will allow crowds in (certainly not a full house) as will not please people that the big club matches behind closed door, then a couple of weeks later you have low key internationals played to crowds.

Slight glimmer of hope for the October games, Scottish Government have announced that from 14th September, "test" sporting events can take place ahead of the October return for fans in stadiums.

Case of now wait and see if UEFA reverse their decision on Nations League being closed doors beyond September. 

2 hours ago, wanderer said:

Slight glimmer of hope for the October games, Scottish Government have announced that from 14th September, "test" sporting events can take place ahead of the October return for fans in stadiums.

Case of now wait and see if UEFA reverse their decision on Nations League being closed doors beyond September. 

Meanwhile Scottish Rugby have proposed hosting a limited number of fans at Murrayfield, using Glasgow versus Edinburgh in the Pro14 as a test event.

The Scottish FA has plans to do the same for Scotland's Nations League match with Israel in early September.

Ms Sturgeon told MSPs: "We hope that sports stadia will be able to reopen from that day [14 September] for limited numbers of spectators, with physical distancing in place.

"Some professional sports events may be arranged for spectators before then with Scottish Government agreement to test the safety of any new arrangements."

4 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

Meanwhile Scottish Rugby have proposed hosting a limited number of fans at Murrayfield, using Glasgow versus Edinburgh in the Pro14 as a test event.

The Scottish FA has plans to do the same for Scotland's Nations League match with Israel in early September.

Ms Sturgeon told MSPs: "We hope that sports stadia will be able to reopen from that day [14 September] for limited numbers of spectators, with physical distancing in place.

"Some professional sports events may be arranged for spectators before then with Scottish Government agreement to test the safety of any new arrangements."

I suspect the media are getting their games v Israel mixed up.

On 7/1/2020 at 1:52 PM, McDange said:

To go from zero spectators now to 52,000 at Hampden in 2 months is a fantasy.

One month ago, the above sentence truly brought home to me that we wouldn't be enjoying any Hampden Days or any away trips any time soon. 

One month from today, we are playing Israel at Hampden.

None of us are gonna be there, are we? :(