Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Jmcq

Closed doors

Recommended Posts

Do u think ganes will still be behind closed doors by sept/oct. 

Or reduced crowds. No idea how that could work since pretty much sold out for play off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

I'd say the September game will be behind closed doors but the triple header on October might just be back to normal.

Until we can exit and enter the country without 14 days quarantine we won’t be going anywhere, I doubt watching Scotland qualifies as essential travel 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

France to allow crowds capped at 5,000 from this Saturday (though league was scrapped and new one starts 23rd of August, where I imagine this will have been raised again by then), Poland and a number of Eastern European Countries are going with 20% caps from this week, and Czech League upped their caps to 2,500 at the weekend.

I imagine there will be a slim chance of crowds at the September game (as this will very much be down to if we in Scotland are at Phase 3 or 4 of our out of lock down plan), and while not a full capacity, probably a better crowd for October (15-20k maximum). 

Think UEFA are very much happy with fans being allowed in, but leaving it to the Governments of said countries to set the limits that crowds will be capped at.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dutch football media outlets saying their game v Poland on the 4th of September will be played to a 1/3 of capacity of the stadium.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Dutch football media outlets saying their game v Poland on the 4th of September will be played to a 1/3 of capacity of the stadium.

Not yet confirmed - tonight the Dutch PM will make announcement re large gatherings including crowds at football matches. All indications are that spectators will be allowed into matches but with social distancing in place and no chanting allowed at matches 😂

The Eredivisie is due to start September 11 so this will probably be the first large scale crowd at a match in Netherlands since the outbreak. 

There was a report yesterday that the owners of the Amsterdam ArenA in conjunction with various other organisations like museums etc are planning to do some analysis into how best to allow larger crowds into events without affecting public health.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, amsterdam scot said:

Not yet confirmed - tonight the Dutch PM will make announcement re large gatherings including crowds at football matches. All indications are that spectators will be allowed into matches but with social distancing in place and no chanting allowed at matches 😂

The Eredivisie is due to start September 11 so this will probably be the first large scale crowd at a match in Netherlands since the outbreak. 

There was a report yesterday that the owners of the Amsterdam ArenA in conjunction with various other organisations like museums etc are planning to do some analysis into how best to allow larger crowds into events without affecting public health.

Will there be a cap, as 1/3 of the Arena and De Kuip is just over 18k, which seems very excessive?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Will there be a cap, as 1/3 of the Arena and De Kuip is just over 18k, which seems very excessive?

That seems to be the initial indications from news reports.

A lot of discussion going on in Ajax related forums etc about how the clubs will manage this. Both clubs have in excess of 45,000 season ticket holders so will it be a case of opting to attend certain games or a ballot etc.

Overmars at Ajax has indicated that he wants all the "big games" such at the games between Ajax, PSV and Feyenoord to be played in 2nd half of season with hopefully full capacity. 

This raises questions re the 3 Scotland home games in October if a crowd is allowed - will tickets be allocated on the existing points system etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, amsterdam scot said:

That seems to be the initial indications from news reports.

A lot of discussion going on in Ajax related forums etc about how the clubs will manage this. Both clubs have in excess of 45,000 season ticket holders so will it be a case of opting to attend certain games or a ballot etc.

Overmars at Ajax has indicated that he wants all the "big games" such at the games between Ajax, PSV and Feyenoord to be played in 2nd half of season with hopefully full capacity. 

This raises questions re the 3 Scotland home games in October if a crowd is allowed - will tickets be allocated on the existing points system etc

Yes, any kind of reduced capacity would most certainly have to be done through points system.

Kind of going against what the SSC stands for, but that is the times we are living in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Yes, any kind of reduced capacity would most certainly have to be done through points system.

Kind of going against what the SSC stands for, but that is the times we are living in.

It doesn't seem right that points from away matches will give you a better shot at home matches, but that's the system we have.

However with 3 games, will high-pointers get tickets for all while those on lowest points get none?   Could get complicated, but perhaps all members should get at least one game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Grim Jim said:

It doesn't seem right that points from away matches will give you a better shot at home matches, but that's the system we have.

However with 3 games, will high-pointers get tickets for all while those on lowest points get none?   Could get complicated, but perhaps all members should get at least one game.

Think that all depends on the final outcome of what attendances are capped at. 

15-20k and that is just about everyone in the SSC guaranteed a ticket, and lower and you start bring points really into the equation 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Think that all depends on the final outcome of what attendances are capped at. 

15-20k and that is just about everyone in the SSC guaranteed a ticket, and lower and you start bring points really into the equation 

So for the Israel play off match everyone in SSC would get to go but general public sales wouldn't?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scottincarlisle said:

So for the Israel play off match everyone in SSC would get to go but general public sales wouldn't?

Imagine so, and then a public sale based on whats left/not taken up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, wanderer said:

Imagine so, and then a public sale based on whats left/not taken up. 

So in theory if I go with my son & brother, I sit beside my son but have to be spaced from my brother. That's fine but what happens in a row when the late comers, going to the loo & the ones off for a pie & a smoke want past?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, scottincarlisle said:

So in theory if I go with my son & brother, I sit beside my son but have to be spaced from my brother. That's fine but what happens in a row when the late comers, going to the loo & the ones off for a pie & a smoke want past?

I imagine as long as your brother is within your circle of households you can visit, then you can all sit together, but in realty you are correct that it will never be that easy and will get situations like what you describe.

Interestingly, both Celtic and the SRU are in papers today saying they hope to have crowds of 30,000 at Celtic Park and Murrayfield in August (if that is based on 1/2 full, then you would be talking around 25,000 for Hampden)

Ian Maxwell is quoted in same articles, but staying tight lipped.

Also there was 4,000 at Slavia Prague title winning match last night, so starting to see numbers get pretty high across central Europe.

Edited by wanderer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, wanderer said:

I imagine as long as your brother is within your circle of households you can visit, then you can all sit together, but in realty you are correct that it will never be that easy and will get situations like what you describe.

Interestingly, both Celtic and the SRU are in papers today saying they hope to have crowds of 30,000 at Celtic Park and Murrayfield in August (if that is based on 1/2 full, then you would be talking around 25,000 for Hampden)

Ian Maxwell is quoted in same articles, but staying tight lipped.

Also there was 4,000 at Slavia Prague title winning match last night, so starting to see numbers get pretty high across central Europe.

Slavia Prague have a 20,000 seater stadium so that works out at 20%full. Honestly have no idea how Celtic and the SRU have worked out their figures. You need to have every second row empty so there's 50% gone. only way it would be possible was if barriers were in between rows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Slavia Prague have a 20,000 seater stadium so that works out at 20%full. Honestly have no idea how Celtic and the SRU have worked out their figures. You need to have every second row empty so there's 50% gone. only way it would be possible was if barriers were in between rows.

I am guessing they are using a one meter rule for their calculations. I think that there is a chance that even that could be gone by September, if the number of infections doesn't start to rise again. That is a very big IF right enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

I am guessing they are using a one meter rule for their calculations. I think that there is a chance that even that could be gone by September, if the number of infections doesn't start to rise again. That is a very big IF right enough.

Would one meter get rid of the need to keep every second row empty?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Would one meter get rid of the need to keep every second row empty?

If they use the Boris tape measure they could fill every seat. The daft cunt tried to shake somebody's hand today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As long as there's any kid of distancing still in place, no spectator events will be taking place. To go from zero spectators at the start of the season to 52,000 at Hampden in 2 months is a fantasy. But will be interesting to see UEFA's stance on this if some countries are allowed fans and others aren't. Would this be seen as an advantage, particularly for the play offs?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see the Slovakia game's been moved to the Sunday so I'll need new flights home if crowds will be allowed in.  Quick look round internet and it seems they didn't have anything like the outbreak we've had so you never know....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...