Black Lives Matter... in Scotland - Page 21 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Black Lives Matter... in Scotland

1 hour ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Seeing Scotland and Israel taking a knee

😂😂😂 embarrassing stuff 

I don't even know what it is supposed to signify? I thought about doing it front of the TV but then thought better of it. I might do myself an injury and/or spill my beer. But, it's the thought that counts.

I wonder if there would be an outcry of one of the players refused to do it?

22 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I don't even know what it is supposed to signify? I thought about doing it front of the TV but then thought better of it. I might do myself an injury and/or spill my beer. But, it's the thought that counts.

I wonder if there would be an outcry of one of the players refused to do it?

Don’t think you’re supposed to question it and if you do or refuse, you’re a horrible person. 

On 9/3/2020 at 4:53 PM, ThistleWhistle said:

Kenosha sheriff in 2018 and still works there:

In response to five shoplifters leading the police on a chase across town.  

Mobs are always bad regardless if their politics.

Edited by phart

3 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

The government of Barbados today announced that they are quite correctly going to remove an elderly, white, Anglo-German lady from her position as their head of state.

Someone on this thread is going to go fucking beserk :lol:

Hope this starts a trend that normalises the idea that she’s the last of it. 

Ive been reading about the death of breaonna taylor. A grand jury in kentucky has cleared two officers and one officer has been handed a minor charge.

Two police officers have been shot in the subsequant protests

The AG of kentucky has taken a swipe at celebrities and activists for driving their own agenda without knowing the facts. Something i agree with.

This got me thinking,two officers shot. When/if chauven is cleared of the george floyd killing, yank land will erupt.

19 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Ive been reading about the death of breaonna taylor. A grand jury in kentucky has cleared two officers and one officer has been handed a minor charge.

Two police officers have been shot in the subsequant protests

The AG of kentucky has taken a swipe at celebrities and activists for driving their own agenda without knowing the facts. Something i agree with.

This got me thinking,two officers shot. When/if chauven is cleared of the george floyd killing, yank land will erupt.

Hankinson (the former police officer charged with wanton endagerment) was fired and they agreed to pay Taylor family $12 million and "major police reform" so clearly some fault was there.

I think this event (no knock warrant into a legally armed household while lying on the warrant application by Joshua James who was reassigned) was much more egregrious than the Floyd death. Which will not result in a murder charge even though it was grim viewing. Same with Ahmaud Arbery although video eventually came out of that which helped prosecution after it was originally covered up.

Basically smashing down the door into folks houses without identifying yourself when the populace is armed is just a recipe for disaster. Especially when it turns out you lied to get the authority to do it and it wasn't even neccessary in the first place. Now charging the folk executing the warrant in "good faith" (the officers on the ground didn;t fill it in) might not be the right thing to do, but surely the whole process should be examined and the cunt lying to obtain the warrant should be charged.

Written well before the death of George Floyd.

https://www.city-journal.org/democratic-candidates-racism-crime

Some pretty jaw dropping statistics in it. I'd bet most people would think it was the opposite given the media narrative.

Yet key parts of the intersectional narrative are not born out by data. It is now a standard trope, implanted in freshmen summer reading lists through the works of Ta-Nehesi Coates and others, that whites pose a severe, if not mortal, threat to blacks. That may have once been true, but it is no longer so today. Just this month, the Bureau of Justice Statistics released its 2018 survey of criminal victimization. According to the study, there were 593,598 interracial violent victimizations (excluding homicide) between blacks and whites last year, including white-on-black and black-on-white attacks. Blacks committed 537,204 of those interracial felonies, or 90 percent, and whites committed 56,394 of them, or less than 10 percent. That ratio is becoming more skewed, despite the Democratic claim of Trump-inspired white violence. In 2012-13, blacks committed 85 percent of all interracial victimizations between blacks and whites; whites committed 15 percent. From 2015 to 2018, the total number of white victims and the incidence of white victimization have grown as well.

Blacks are also overrepresented among perpetrators of hate crimes—by 50 percent—according to the most recent Justice Department data from 2017; whites are underrepresented by 24 percent. This is particularly true for anti-gay and anti-Semitic hate crimes.

You would never know such facts from the media or from Democratic talking points. This summer, three shockingly violent mob attacks on white victims in downtown Minneapolis were captured by surveillance video. On August 3, in broad daylight, a dozen black assailants, some as young as 15, tried to take a man’s cellphone, viciously beating and kicking him as he lay on the ground. They jumped on his torso like a trampoline, stripped his shoes and pants off as they riffled through his pockets, smashed a planter pot on his head, and rode a bike over his prostrate body. On August 17, another large group kicked and punched their victim until he was unconscious, stealing his phone, wallet, keys, and cash. In July, two men were set upon in similar fashion. Such attacks have risen more than 50 percent in downtown Minneapolis this year.

You can argue the toss on the statistics all day long but the numerical imbalance is so massive you are not going to change it in any significant way. 10 to 1 in plain numbers is pretty mind blowing but when you factor in the relative populations of  blacks v whites the relative imbalance is astonishing, it is huge. There is serious problem of violent black on white crime in the US not the other way around. If you point this out you are called a racist. 

I have no doubt people are being attacked in the US as a direct result of this false narrative being turbo charged and spun at every chance this last year. You can see it.  People are getting killed and hurt as a result of these lies. Interestingly though their lives don't matter a fuck.

This is all about stirring up racial hatred not getting rid of it. No coincidence this is all happening in election year.

Heather Macdonald again! Here's some context for anyone else reading. So can make up your own mind.

Another partisan hack with no expertise.

As a test of their ability to objectively analysise information lets see how they followed the Coronavirus story, did they cleave to objective scientific information or did they cleave to partisan political rhetoric?

"Compared to what? That should be the question that every fear-mongering news story on the coronavirus has to start with. So far, the United States has seen forty-one deaths from the infection. Twenty-two of those deaths occurred in one poorly run nursing home outside of Seattle, the Life Care Center. Another nine deaths occurred in the rest of Washington state, leaving ten deaths (four in California, two in Florida, and one in each of Georgia, Kansas, New Jersey, and South Dakota) spread throughout the rest of the approximately 329 million residents of the United States. This represents roughly .000012 percent of the U.S. population."

On 6/10/2020 at 11:17 AM, phart said:

Yes let's eschew the peer review research of Statisticians in favour of the opinion piece of American conservative, pro police think tank, English Major Heather Macdonald cause it lines up with my world view.

Again the same error was pointed out in the actual peer review of the argument.

"These claims are misleading because the reported results apply only to a subset of victims and do not control for the fact that we would expect a higher number of White victims simply because the majority of US citizens are White.."

You start to see why folk can be flat earthers when you see the same simple mistakes made over and over.

Her most recent arguments are the lockdown for Covid was panic and it was just the flu. These were made in March. To give folk an idea of what you're dealing with.

https://newcriterion.com/blogs/dispatch/compared-to-what

"President Trump has been criticized for not being apocalyptic enough in his press conferences. In fact, he should be even more skeptical of the panic than he has been. "

I had no idea "you posted too soon after me" was a worry for consideration. For your emotional comfort what would be a suitable amount of time for me to wait the next time you copy paste from Heather Macdonald (Although you missed out the bit where she says Obama gave what would be considered nowadays a white supremacist speech in 2008)before i then point out she is a partisan hack who was a coronavirus flu bro who works for a conservative think tank set up by the Iran Contra former CIA head?

Feel free to post a reply any time you want.

I am genuinely curious what people make of the numbers. I was pretty surprised when I looked at it.

The article above cites the 2018 report but I see the 2019 report is available now.

https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/cv19.pdf

From Table 15 you can see the 2019 data.

• Out of a US population of 171.4 million white people, whites committed 89,980 violent incidents against blacks in 2019.
  • Out of a US population of 33.4 million black people, blacks committed 472,520 violent incidents against whites in 2019.

So out of the combined (89,980 + 472,520 = ) 562,500 violent incidents between blacks and whites, 16% were committed by whites against blacks and 84% were committed by blacks against whites.

Or  expressed as per one million of respective black / white populations

• Whites committed 525 violent incidents against blacks per one million of white population. (i.e. 89,980 / 171.4m = 525)
  • Blacks committed 14,147 violent incidents against whites per one million of black population (i.e. 472,520 / 33.4m = 14,147)

Just let that sink in... 14,147 versus 525 per one million of population black versus white respectively.

These are just the numbers in the report, I am not putting any spin on them. Do they not surprise you a little.

This is not some mickey mouse organization publishing these numbers... The United States Bureau of Justice Statistics is a federal government agency belonging to the U.S. Department of Justice and a principal agency of the U.S. Federal Statistical System. Established on 27 December 1979, the bureau collects, analyzes and publishes data relating to crime in the United States.

Ok so some will say this is about cops killing black people... well that data is just as surprising when you look at it. Like the crime stats none of it supports any of the false narrative being painted in the media. 

Edited by thplinth

They're not surprising at all though.

William A. Niskanen amongst a plethora of others found in research:https://www.cato.org/sites/cato.org/files/pubs/pdf/pa218.pdf

Crime rates are strongly affected by economic conditions. For example, an increase in per capita income appears to reduce both violent and property crime rates by a roughly proportionate amount

Crime rates are also affected by demographic and cultural conditions. For example, the violent crime rateincreases with the share of births to single mothers

Over time, the two conditions most strongly correlated with the increase in reported crime are the unemployment rate for teenage males and the percentage of infants born to single mothers.

Heather Macdonald writes "the idea that the root cause of crimes lies in income inequality and social injustice” is a myth.

The above is a completely different argument though. I'd like to see the relevant figures as opposed figures from another argument and also definition of terms like "false narrative" and "media", to round out the argument and make it less specious.

Table 16 & 17 are also interesting.

Of the 2,796,710 violent incidents committed against whites in 2019, 61.6% were committed by other whites. This is near exactly in line with the total percentage of whites in the US population as a whole i.e. 61.9%

Of the 494,610 violent incidents committed against blacks in 2019, 70% were committed by other blacks. However this is much higher than the total percentage of blacks in the US population as a whole i.e. 12.1%

Whites only account for 18.2% of the violent incidents committed against blacks despite making up 61.9% of the population. Hispanics only account for 8.8% of the violent incidents against blacks despite accounting for 17.3% of the population. Blacks account for 70% of the violent incidents against blacks despite only accounting for 12.1% of the population.

So not only are blacks committing violent incidents against whites in vastly disproportionate numbers they are also doing it to themselves in vastly disproportionate numbers.

The problem here is not white racism or white people attacking black people.

The obvious problem here looks like a largely disproportionate level of violent crime by black Americans.

You can argue about the causes of that but I'd recommend the Black Wisdom Matters serious I linked to on this or the Trump thread I forget. It was excellent. Some of the psychological challenges faced post civil rights victories were especially so.

I am all for solving our problems but we cannot start in the fantasy world of BLM bullshit and expect to go anywhere. They talk utter bollocks.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Watching the MSM coverage this last few days of this BLM nutter that drove his SUV at high speed into a Christmas parade of pensioners and kids killing at least six people (the latest being another kid who died in hospital) is something to behold.

Slightly different treatment to a 16 year old kid having a drum banged in his face say. Or that Rittenhouse kid.... It is so noticeable it is hilarious (and horrific as well).

Also I might be wrong but I don't think there has been a single post on the TAMB about it either. Not one.😀