Black Lives Matter... in Scotland - Page 22 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Black Lives Matter... in Scotland

51 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Watching the MSM coverage this last few days of this BLM nutter that drove his SUV at high speed into a Christmas parade of pensioners and kids killing at least six people (the latest being another kid who died in hospital) is something to behold.

Slightly different treatment to a 16 year old kid having a drum banged in his face say. Or that Rittenhouse kid.... It is so noticeable it is hilarious (and horrific as well).

Also I might be wrong but I don't think there has been a single post on the TAMB about it either. Not one.😀 

I did think the coverage was quite ridiculous. It was clearly a terrorist attacking, you don’t drive into people intentionally without it being so. 

However, the final paragraph is just a bit stupid and is implying something that is only of your own thoughts. I hope that people in this country are bored of what happens in Yankland, and just ignore it now, we certainly should. 

11 minutes ago, kumnio said:

I did think the coverage was quite ridiculous. It was clearly a terrorist attacking, you don’t drive into people intentionally without it being so. 

However, the final paragraph is just a bit stupid and is implying something that is only of your own thoughts. I hope that people in this country are bored of what happens in Yankland, and just ignore it now, we certainly should. 

The legal definition of terrorism - in the UK at least - is that it the act or planned act has to have the purpose of advancing a political, religious, racial or ideological cause.   It's hard to see where that applies in this case.

Terrorism is rightly considered a heinous crime and if you start defining all atrocities as terrorism, then you run the danger of letting real terrorists off the hook.

Not in terms of avoiding prosecution or sentencing, but we already see that while anything remotely Islamic is labelled terrorist - and most likely is - that where it comes down to "domestic" terrorists there is a much more of a reluctance to use that description.

A great example of this is the case of the Liverpool bomber where - at least publicly - there's no explanation of what motivation he had in blowing himself up but based on his race, nationality and legal status it's considered a de facto terrorist incident.  The fact he was a Christian convert is swept under the carpet as it doesn't fit the narrative.   

If it were a white British man who had a history of mental health issues and had some similar long running dispute with the government then it would be all about "history of mental health issues" and not terrorism.

If that same white British man had been a convert to Islam, then it would framed as a terrorist incident.

The Liverpool terror attack was terrorism. It was widely reported that he was a Christian convert, so how exactly was that swept under the carpet?

Black, White, Christian, Muslim, whatever, if you set out to kill people because of your beliefs and hatred for those ‘different’, that’s terrorism. 

2 minutes ago, kumnio said:

The Liverpool terror attack was terrorism. It was widely reported that he was a Christian convert, so how exactly was that swept under the carpet?

Black, White, Christian, Muslim, whatever, if you set out to kill people because of your beliefs and hatred for those ‘different’, that’s terrorism. 

I'll give you that your last sentence could be construed as a definition of terrorism.

How do you know what the motivation of the Liverpool bomber was?

1 minute ago, aaid said:

I'll give you that your last sentence could be construed as a definition of terrorism.

How do you know what the motivation of the Liverpool bomber was?

How does anyone ever know anything?

A person made a bomb, with the intention of killing people. If it was due to being refused asylum as reported, or anything else, I don’t think it matters.

It’s premeditated, it took months of work and had only one aim, to kill people. It’s terrorism. 

3 hours ago, kumnio said:

He killed 6 people at least (that alone is mass murder) with 47 seriously inured...47! so it is not like he was trying to miss.

"Numerous conservative activists have highlighted left-leaning political content on Brooks’ social media posts, but police have said the crime had no such motivation and Brooks was fleeing the scene of a domestic disturbance. "

https://www.rt.com/usa/541120-darrell-brooks-video-arrest/

Left leaning! FFS... He hated white people and Jews and was into BLM apparently! But yeah not a hate crime... a few days after the Ritttenhouse verdict and the media stoking it up like fuck... but the police know this already and so do the media... so move along here nothing to see.

It is the most laughable assertion I have ever seen. They really do think people will just swallow any old horse wank they throw at them. What a sick joke for the victims and their families.

'Fleeing the scene of a domestic disturbance'... so I'll just mow down a bunch of grannies and kids who happen to be in a Christmas Parade in a 'conservative' area... all 53 of them.... Are people really this gullible.  

Have you not seen the footage on the internet. It is astonishing this went without mention on here IMO. Beyond shocking. You can look for yourself as it is truly sickening. This guy is a fucking scumbag extraordinaire. Someone filled his head full of hate and this is what you get. No doubt they will try to say it was him being late for work and it was his boss oppressing him that cause this. Kids and grannies mowed down like skittles and not even a mention...

Edited by thplinth

It’s a hate crime, it’s terrorism, it’s horrendous etc etc. 

It’s also on a different continent, in the middle of a pandemic, and people might be sick of bad news. If we paid less attention to stuff happening across there, we would be so much better off. 

I wish I could say I agree with you...

I stole this from Breitbart (oh noooos) as it is quite funny (Parade Crash, WTF!) but also bang on... especially the last tweet from the Eric Wienstein fellah... sums up my feelings on it. (this probably wont post but what the heck, edit: it didn't, see link).

I also liked the comment... "Deadly parade crash” makes me think of the Elmo balloon getting loose in New York— not an act of domestic terrorism carried out by a felon release by a Soros DA". 😀

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2021/11/23/establishment-media-blasted-for-labeling-waukesha-massacre-a-parade-crash/

I think there is a reason the MSM are not wanting to talk about it. Just amused me it got blanked on here as well. (And we will see what happens on here next time we get an attack that does fit the narrative. 😉).

Establishment Media Blasted for Labeling Waukesha Massacre a ‘Parade Crash’

Edited by thplinth

Accused of a 'parade crash'! 53 people mowed down... a fucking parade crash!! 😀 (I have to laugh at this point, there is no other response.) Like 9/11 was a plane crash. 😀

As the man says... "Not only do I have no doubt, I also know that you have no doubt."

Why has "Black Lives Matter... in Scotland" become about debating 'terrorist' incidents or other crimes in USA? (or about why TAMBERs aren't posting about 'terrorist' incidents in the USA? Why not create a US crime thread?

Black & White is just so wasp in a world where that discounts most people. Typical. 
in a cuntry with  a front bench government that includes a bunch of characters from mind your language like Richy for the rich and Smirky Pattle of horror movies , it just goes to show that cuntish ness knows no colour or religion or race . 
fascism is so alive and kicking the cunts don’t care. They dare not be honest. Coming from a cult that has had do deny itself since the wee Austrian it’s understandable. Especially since the most fascist state since then is Israel. The biggest victim of fascism if you ignore reality in favour of what you are told. 

lol. Oh I picked the thread with care. Because what has BLM got to do with Scotland. Fuck all! 

You wanted to crowbar this poisonous BLM ideology into Scottish Politics like it has any relevance here and then when a nutter, fuelled by BLM hate, murders a bunch of (white) kids and plows a car into a Christmas Parade (mostly full of white people) hitting 53 fucking people (hmmm I am guessing mostly white) it is suddenly 'off topic'. Still not a word on that I see.

But waaaaaait..... there was an wacist incident at Cricket Scotland. 😀 Yeah let's just skip over the BLM inspired mass murder of kids and grannies and head to Cricket Scotland instead, that is where the action is obviously on this incredibly important subject of BLM. Hilarious.

I would have posted somewhere else but there was no thread and no one had even mentioned it. So here it is. But tell me more about this terrible incident at the cricket ground, that sounds pure dreadful so it does. Poor BLM... maybe need to mow down a few more kids and grannies to make up for it.

To be fair it happened to me the other day, I was driving along, accidentally lost control, and ran over 53 black kids and grannies, oops. Shit happens.

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

Not sure if this is the right place for this?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-59494786

I am sure I read this story months, possibly years , ago. I distinctly remember the bit about people from Linlithgow being called black bitches. Think I am losing the plot. 

I can see why the name might offend some folk these days but FFS , it is clearly referring to a bloody dog there is even a picture of a dog on the wall and an actual story behind the name. What next, changing  the word for a female dog ? 
That said, in 5-10 years no one will care people will just get used to the new name. 

Yeah everyone in Linlithgow thinks of the dog when folk say black bitch. So much so I always have to remember it's a totally localised way of thinking and i get momentarily confused when folk don't pick up on it the way i do.

It's the emblem of the school, there's a statue, my grandad (the one who married my gran who i look after) was a black bitch.

Was funny walking past the pub with my American flatmate back in the day and they just stopped and stared and it didn't occur to me why they were so stunned. Then they were like am i reading that pub name correctly. So it's all about cultural context. In fact every "foreign" person i've brough to Linlithgow mentiones it.

I had a girlfriend who's mother was from Tobago and she used to joke we were suspect as we had the pub name , burning torch processions, marching round the borders of the town etc

I also made the mistake of googling "black bitch" when relating the story and it certainly showed that the Linlithgow context of the word is definitely parochial in the greater context of the term.

It's going to cause mental outrage in Linlithgow in some quarters. Some folks entire identities are built around, blackbitch, the marches, and all that jazz.

Just to add the story of the dog. is likely apocryphal

Edited by phart

If they have to I would just change it to the Black Dog. It is not the 'black' it is the 'bitch' that cause the problems. The Black Dog is totally inoffensive, proving the point.

If anyone complains just tell them the black bitch has self identified as a trans-dog and any more shit out of them and you'll be reporting them to Humza Yousef's wokestapo.

The word bitch has been ruined. Sometimes you have to admit defeat. When for example did you last tell anyone you were feeling very gay that day... its over for gay, it is a shame really, it was a good word.

15 minutes ago, phart said:

Yeah everyone in Linlithgow thinks of the dog when folk say black bitch. So much so I always have to remember it's a totally localised way of thinking and i get momentarily confused when folk don't pick up on it the way i do.

It's the emblem of the school, there's a statue, my grandad (the one who married my gran who i look after) was a black bitch.

Was funny walking past the pub with my American flatmate back in the day and they just stopped and stared and it didn't occur to me why they were so stunned. Then they were like am i reading that pub name correctly. So it's all about cultural context. In fact every "foreign" person i've brough to Linlithgow mentiones it.

I had a girlfriend who's mother was from Tobago and she used to joke we were suspect as we had the pub name , burning torch processions, marching round the borders of the town etc

I also made the mistake of googling "black bitch" when relating the story and it certainly showed that the Linlithgow context of the word is definitely parochial in the greater context of the term.

It's going to cause mental outrage in Linlithgow in some quarters. Some folks entire identities are built around, blackbitch, the marches, and all that jazz.

Just to add the story of the dog. is likely apocryphal

Linlithgow is a relatively small town/village in Scotland and the dog story and the razzmatazz that goes with it is , as you say, a talking point for visitors , its hardly going to be front page new york times. Most sensible folk will accept the story and history of the name without being offended, whether it is fiction/embellished is irrelevant . I am pretty sure Greyfriars Bobby is not entirely accurate either. 
The ‘ contentious’ name of the pub probably keeps the story going , is there going to be the same interest in the Black Hound, I doubt it. 
Its a ridiculous decision. 

3 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Linlithgow is a relatively small town/village in Scotland and the dog story and the razzmatazz that goes with it is , as you say, a talking point for visitors , its hardly going to be front page new york times. Most sensible folk will accept the story and history of the name without being offended, whether it is fiction/embellished is irrelevant . I am pretty sure Greyfriars Bobby is not entirely accurate either. 
The ‘ contentious’ name of the pub probably keeps the story going , is there going to be the same interest in the Black Hound, I doubt it. 
Its a ridiculous decision. 

tbf if you see the name and the huge picture of a black dog on the outside and then can't work it out, that's a you problem.

That dog wasn't there the many years ago when my flatmate saw it though, to be fair to them. The dog tied to a tree if the emblem on all the school stuff and that as well.

It's daft but it's also funny how outraged folk are about it too. Like folk are going mental about it.

https://www.change.org/p/stop-the-black-bitch-pub-name-change/c