Black Lives Matter... in Scotland - Page 19 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Black Lives Matter... in Scotland

I saw this from a journalist I'd usually trust... apparently the same day he was working as a life guard down his local pool and then did voluntary work to clean graffiti off the local school after he got off work. Then apparently...  he went to protect a business and help people as he was a trained EMT. He is some big boy scout type. You get these types who are addicted to doing good. Do-gooders I think they are called.

Whatever the truth of it they for sure fucked with the wrong guy, a totally naive baby faced 17 year old dude, but who was the absolutely wrong guy. He really was.

What do you think the 'optics' (wank alert) on this are. All three men he shot are felons. The first was a pedophile i read. The other beat up women or something... The guy who will have lost his arm was carrying a gun. Apparently when he had his arm obliterated he lost the ability to unclench the pistol hence all the unfortunate pics. They were all chasing him down in a frenzied mob literally baying for his blood. He shot only three men who all physically attacked him and only when he was cornered by them and being mobbed and in danger of his life.

If it is a fair trial... he is getting off.

This boy is going to be a hero (and already is). If they try to fuck him over they are going to provoke a wild backlash. Trump landslide.

Meeeeedic!

It's just the American Culture war raging on in the PR war. The trial will ascertain the facts. When i was involved in court past convictions weren't considered relevant to the jury and were witheld from us, those actions don't count. Not sure how it will work in Wisonsin.

There's interviews with his contemporaries where you get all this as well

“When he got mad or offended he would always say he could ‘fuck me up,’ but everyone would just laugh because he was like a 5-foot-4 chubby freshman boy who we thought wasn’t capable of harm”

“Kyle was the type of kid to wear a MAGA hat or other apparel just for attention, or to “trigger” people”

“Kyle was kind of shy from what I remember, but he was definitely in your face and pushed his views hella...Like one of those kids that liked ‘triggering libtards.’”

“He went to middle school with my little sister and she said that everyone always thought of him to be a possible future shooter...and so did I when I met him in high school.”

None of it will be relevant. It's just partisans trying to support their team both sides amping up the good and the bad that make up a seemingly naive teen. Radicalised by political rhetoric to illegally arm himself to protect property in another state. Pawns in the games of others.

5 minutes ago, phart said:

This is the police officer in charge of Kenosha's response to the shooting of that guy, 2 years ago talking about shoplifters.

It's mental the difference in perspective.

The FBI warned for years that police are cozy with the far right. Is no one listening?

I was an FBI agent who infiltrated white supremacists. Too many local police don’t take the far right seriously – or actively sympathize

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/aug/28/fbi-far-right-white-supremacists-police

In fact, it’s been a concern of the FBI for at least a decade. Exactly 10 years ago this week, the FBI warned of the potential consequences — including bias — of white supremacist groups infiltrating local and state law enforcement, indicating it was a significant threat to national security.

In the 2006 bulletin, the FBI detailed the threat of white nationalists and skinheads infiltrating police in order to disrupt investigations against fellow members and recruit other supremacists.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/fbi-white-supremacists-in-law-enforcement

Edited by phart

28 minutes ago, phart said:

It's just the American Culture war raging on in the PR war. The trial will ascertain the facts. When i was involved in court past convictions weren't considered relevant to the jury and were witheld from us, those actions don't count. Not sure how it will work in Wisonsin.

There's interviews with his contemporaries where you get all this as well

“When he got mad or offended he would always say he could ‘fuck me up,’ but everyone would just laugh because he was like a 5-foot-4 chubby freshman boy who we thought wasn’t capable of harm”

“Kyle was the type of kid to wear a MAGA hat or other apparel just for attention, or to “trigger” people”

“Kyle was kind of shy from what I remember, but he was definitely in your face and pushed his views hella...Like one of those kids that liked ‘triggering libtards.’”

“He went to middle school with my little sister and she said that everyone always thought of him to be a possible future shooter...and so did I when I met him in high school.”

None of it will be relevant. It's just partisans trying to support their team both sides amping up the good and the bad that make up a seemingly naive teen. Radicalised by political rhetoric to illegally arm himself to protect property in another state. Pawns in the games of others.

Its only the accused's previous convictions that cant get aired. Its a common tactic for accused with no PCs to make a motion to bring the PCs of witnesses / complainers into play. They need to have some kind of relevence though. However in America it seems like trials are fair game for pretty much anything so id ve hugely surprised if the PCs of the guys who were shot werent brought out.

3 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Its only the accused's previous convictions that cant get aired. Its a common tactic for accused with no PCs to make a motion to bring the PCs of witnesses / complainers into play. They need to have some kind of relevence though. However in America it seems like trials are fair game for pretty much anything so id ve hugely surprised if the PCs of the guys who were shot werent brought out.

It's always the trials that get the news as well as opposed to the system that produces these fucked up situations.

My experience was sitting on a jury for a rape charge and the guy having already pled guilty to other rapes during his "spree" not being admissable.

Has the death of any non British celebrity received as much attention by the BBC as Chadwick Boseman ?

I had never heard of him until today but there has been an extreme amount of time given to it for the last 12 hours

36 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Has the death of any non British celebrity received as much attention by the BBC as Chadwick Boseman ?

I had never heard of him until today but there has been an extreme amount of time given to it for the last 12 hours

Dunno don't watch the BBC. I think he was particularly beloved and had a lot fo engagement with fans, only ever saw two Avenger films as  i took my mates son to see them. I only found out about him dying cause of you.

Reading the court details

"In the video from before the shooting, Rittenhouse identifies himself as an EMT, shouting, "Medical, EMS right here, I'm an EMT." But the department said he was only enrolled in their explorer program for less than a year"

So he wasn't an EMT.

Also trying to fact check the Joseph Rasenbaum claim. Using https://www.nsopw.gov/en/Search/Results

Can't find any record. Folk are posting conflicting "screenshots" when i actually go to the source and search i can't personally find anything. I'm unfamiliar with how to search though. https://www.nsopw.gov/en/

The Wisonsin sex offender registry isn't loading. Folk claim they cant find it when they search though. Blake the guy shot in the back by police also had photoshops claims about him being a child rapist which have been shown to be untrue. Shows how easy it is to lie to folk that want to believe something.

Edited by phart

The 17 year old is a victim in this as well I feel after looking into this in detail. He was trying to run away and some arsehole chased him down and got killed for it. Now the other folk might have been acting in good faith trying to stop an "active shooter" so hard to blame them, but the whole time Kyle is trying to get away, he then falls and shoots the folk directly attacking him.

If the reports are right his mum drove him there, what was she thinking? If testimony from militia folk on youtube is correct the police wanted to instigate conflict between the protestors/vandelisers/rioters and the "militia" and so empowered them. 2 of the shot folk travelled from out of town to get involved as well. That Rosenbaum was picking fights all night.

He's neither a hero nor a villian just someone who got swept up in circumstances and even his arrest is being used on both sides of the partisan divide. He was failed by his mother and the police and ended up in a situation that spun out of control.

6 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

I havent seen much about him but he would hace been popular, i am sure i read the black panther was the most popular of the avengers movies at time of release. 

8 hours ago, phart said:

100%. Of course in very many ways this is no different from a Muslim kid of a similar age that’s been radicalised by Al Queda or ISIS and who straps on a suicide vest.  

8 hours ago, phart said:

It's always the trials that get the news as well as opposed to the system that produces these fucked up situations.

My experience was sitting on a jury for a rape charge and the guy having already pled guilty to other rapes during his "spree" not being admissable.

Yes. Thats because the crown cant bring out previous convictions unless the defence do for one of the witnesses and it would be the worst of all bad tactics to bring out PCs on a rape charge if the accused has previous for rape.

The idea behind it is that every case is decided upon on its merits and the evidence in that case alone.

However if the accused has no record and the crown witnesses have a record for some kind of dishonesty crime then its a free shot for the defence to bring up PCs.

Did not hear so much about this one... strange as it was the cold blooded murder of two innocent people and a third shot in the arm. But for some reason the media don't seem so interested . I wonder why.

A college student and her stepfather have been shot dead in an apparent road rage attack following a minor car crash.

Laura Ashley Anderson, 21, and Charles Nicholas Wall, 45, were killed on Monday outside of the home Anderson had just purchased in Georgetown, South Carolina, where Wall was arriving to drop off a spare set of keys.

Ty Sheem Ha Sheem Walters III, was arrested and charged with murder after cops said he rear-ended Wall as the stepfather was turning into his daughter's driveway, and then killed Wall, Anderson, and injured one other person in a fit of rage.

'I'm devastated. Heartbroken. Confused. Angry. I don't understand. Who shoots innocent people?' asked Kimberly Wall, wife and mother of the two victims, in a gut-wrenching Facebook post.

32421080-8667221-image-m-21_15984694593432421084-8667221-image-a-27_15984696419132421082-8667221-image-m-26_159846963612

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8667221/College-student-21-stepfather-45-shot-dead-road-rage-attack.html

Still they must be delighted that fruits of their false narrative are now bearing so much fruit.

CNN, MSNBC, and even Fox News, have entirely ignored two Black Lives Matter inspired stabbings of white men that occurred in Colorado and Georgia on Tuesday.

Both stabbings involved black men attempting to murder random white strangers for the color of their skin.

http://www.hideoutnow.com/2020/08/national-media-ignores-two-black-lives.html

46 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Did not hear so much about this one... strange as it was the cold blooded murder of two innocent people and a third shot in the arm. But for some reason the media don't seem so interested . I wonder why.

To be fair, I believe it was reported in the Daily Mail

3 hours ago, exile said:

To be fair, I believe it was reported in the Daily Mail

It's been reported extensively in the media around the globe.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Laura+Ashley+Anderson&client=firefox-b-d&source=lnms&tbm=nws&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiB8_-q-cLrAhWAURUIHZ1-DyYQ_AUoAXoECAsQAw&biw=1920&bih=938

Daily mail, express, french newspapers, even in normally specific news media like MSN Money.

Edited by phart

28 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Lewis Hamilton is a complete bell end. 

Was he good friends with Chadwick boseman?

I only ask because hamilton said the death of boseman broke him and he finished the interview by saying wakanda forever

12 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Was he good friends with Chadwick boseman?

I only ask because hamilton said the death of boseman broke him and he finished the interview by saying wakanda forever

No idea, he loves a good virtue signal but it’s possible they were good friends, I was thinking more about his climate change preaching on social media, his hypocrisy is staggering, even for a celebrity