Black Lives Matter... in Scotland - Page 17 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Black Lives Matter... in Scotland

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

I ike AOC, a lot actually, and have defended her on here, but she will never get anywhere significant because of what she says and believes in.

Look where Trump got though, so what are you saying?

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

You think nigger and bitch are comparable?

Thats absolutely fucking insane, thats fucking mental.

Nothing insane or mental about.  There may be degrees but they are both nouns which are have negative and discriminatory ossociations.

if you think bitch and bastard are comparable and that bastard is the male  equivalent then you're wrong.

Women don't tend to get called the gender-neutral bastard because there is a female-specific epithet, bitch, which as I'm sure you are aware carries with it some very specific connotations of a certain type of female, attributes that are not associated with a male.

There is no comparable male-specific epithet, hence the use of a gender-neutral one such as bastard.. 

Is it ok to describe a politician as hysterical if they're a woman, since the old Greek definition related to the womb/uterus?

That term will be cancelled soon enough surely.

5 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

Is it ok to describe a politician as hysterical if they're a woman, since the old Greek definition related to the womb/uterus?

Be well Dave

9 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

Are we in Ancient Greece would probably be the appropriate question to ask for that. Ironically the meaning came about due to ignorance, misatributing the source of a condition.

2 hours ago, phart said:

Look where Trump got though, so what are you saying?

Trump appeals to a significantly larger percentage of people than AOC, for some reason conservative voters are more willing to ignore serious flaws in 'their' side than should ever happen. No American church goer should ever vote for Trump, serial cheater, used prossies, dozens of affairs, cant quote any bible quotes, but the Church people ignore all of that because, well who knows.

If AOC, Biden, Obama etc did half the stuff that the right did, they would get absolutely slaughtered.

1 minute ago, kumnio said:

Trump appeals to a significantly larger percentage of people than AOC, for some reason conservative voters are more willing to ignore serious flaws in 'their' side than should ever happen. No American church goer should ever vote for Trump, serial cheater, used prossies, dozens of affairs, cant quote any bible quotes, but the Church people ignore all of that because, well who knows.

If AOC, Biden, Obama etc did half the stuff that the right did, they would get absolutely slaughtered.

I still can't believe the choices that get thrown up by the two parties. Hilary vs Trump, Biden vs Trump. Talk about tails i win heads you lose

2 hours ago, aaid said:

Nothing insane or mental about.  There may be degrees but they are both nouns which are have negative and discriminatory ossociations.

if you think bitch and bastard are comparable and that bastard is the male  equivalent then you're wrong.

Women don't tend to get called the gender-neutral bastard because there is a female-specific epithet, bitch, which as I'm sure you are aware carries with it some very specific connotations of a certain type of female, attributes that are not associated with a male.

There is no comparable male-specific epithet, hence the use of a gender-neutral one such as bastard.. 

Youre entitled to your opinion, but youre wrong. As for both being nouns, seriously? Ask 99% of people if N and bitch are comparable and you will get laughed at.

Ive never heard a woman get called a bastard, only ever men. 

11 minutes ago, phart said:

I still can't believe the choices that get thrown up by the two parties. Hilary vs Trump, Biden vs Trump. Talk about tails i win heads you lose

Trump v Oprah was spoken about, if that happened, God should have ended the game, or aliens, or someone.

In 2016 The Republican field was terrible, the Democratic field wasn't much better. But Hilary and Biden are both laughably bad sadly.  At least we have Boris.

Edited by kumnio

2 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Trump v Oprah was spoken about, if that happened, God should have ended the game, or aliens, or someone.

In 2016 The Republican field was terrible, the Democratic field wasn't much better. But Hilary and Biden are both laughably bad. sadly.  At least we have Boris.

The democratic party worked both times to stop Sanders which made me want him to win (as far as viable parties) and the democratic party should be held to blame for Trump as a result.

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

Youre entitled to your opinion, but youre wrong. As for both being nouns, seriously? Ask 99% of people if N and bitch are comparable and you will get laughed at.

Ive never heard a woman get called a bastard, only ever men. 

Talk about totally missing the point.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's a clusterfuck pretty mental that a 17 year old can kick about with an AR15 assault rifle though. He travelled 20 miles armed to get involved and got involved.

It's a tradegy for everyone involved, you think folk would stand back and say wow this shit is escalating too much, but nope. One side trying to make out he is a white supremacist murderer the other side that he is some sort of libertarian civil protector when the reality seems to be he is dumbfuck 17 year old who has an adolescent infatuation with the Police and then got charged and defended himself with deadly force. All these idealogical differences causing conflicts among armed folk, going to end badly like it did here.

My understanding isthere's another shotoing that Kyle Rittenhouse was involved in that precedes the action seen here, so more information needed as i'm sure if true that shooting has a causal relation to the events captured.

Edited by phart

I dont think the guy shot above died. He killed someone in a car park before that, he then shits himself and runs away, gets tackled in the video above, and shoots one of attackers. From the clips Ive seen, the car park killing is murder, but the video above, no matter how stupid this is, is self defence.

The video clips from the police after the events are utterly ridiculous, you can see why people get incensed by them. Theres saying something daft, then theres almost provoking trouble.

Theres loads of videos of BLM people chasing other people, at best simply intimidating them, at worst attacking them as a group with weapons from behind. Its cowardly, its pathetic and again its pretty much asking for trouble. Violence doesn't create peace, unless one 'side' is eradicated, Im not sure thats an option.

Now I may be wrong, but if some guy had just shot and killed someone else, I certainly wouldn't be chasing him and trying to take him on. He has a fucking gun, with bullets, and he just killed someone, how much of a fucking idiot do you have to be to think attacking him is a good idea.

Theres so many different POVs on the whole issue in America, unless each 'side' can even admit to being partly to blame, it will never get better.

20 hours ago, kumnio said:

I dont think the guy shot above died. He killed someone in a car park before that, he then shits himself and runs away, gets tackled in the video above, and shoots one of attackers. From the clips Ive seen, the car park killing is murder, but the video above, no matter how stupid this is, is self defence.

The video clips from the police after the events are utterly ridiculous, you can see why people get incensed by them. Theres saying something daft, then theres almost provoking trouble.

Theres loads of videos of BLM people chasing other people, at best simply intimidating them, at worst attacking them as a group with weapons from behind. Its cowardly, its pathetic and again its pretty much asking for trouble. Violence doesn't create peace, unless one 'side' is eradicated, Im not sure thats an option.

Now I may be wrong, but if some guy had just shot and killed someone else, I certainly wouldn't be chasing him and trying to take him on. He has a fucking gun, with bullets, and he just killed someone, how much of a fucking idiot do you have to be to think attacking him is a good idea.

Theres so many different POVs on the whole issue in America, unless each 'side' can even admit to being partly to blame, it will never get better.

More information coming to light. It was a plastic bag that the guy threw at him, seen folk claiming it was a molotov cocktail (wtf lol) also he is phoning a friend not 9/11 as is being claimed elsewhere.

It also seems like it started cause people were giving him shit for improperly handling the rifle and were pulling him up about it, which caused him to run off. That's still fairly ambigious though so doesn't nail it down.

He also "crossed state lines" with a firearm he can't legally have. Seems he is from Illinois and the town he went to is in Wisconsin. Hr played stupid games and now he is going to get a stupid prize. Much like chasing someone with a rifle.

2 hours ago, phart said:

I#ve read all 4 articles there is a dearth of information, someone tragically died but any other details are missing, the comment section is a shambles as well.

The evening standard headline is embarrassing.

Why the need to mention her race? I guess "Young mum dies in poverty" doesnt create the same attention or reaction

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

The evening standard headline is embarrassing.

Why the need to mention her race? I guess "Young mum dies in poverty" doesnt create the same attention or reaction

Someone on here got a ban recently (I think) for describing a footballer in a similar way.

4 hours ago, phart said:

More information coming to light. It was a plastic bag that the guy threw at him, seen folk claiming it was a molotov cocktail (wtf lol) also he is phoning a friend not 9/11 as is being claimed elsewhere.

It also seems like it started cause people were giving him shit for improperly handling the rifle and were pulling him up about it, which caused him to run off. That's still fairly ambigious though so doesn't nail it down.

He also "crossed state lines" with a firearm he can't legally have. Seems he is from Illinois and the town he went to is in Wisconsin. Hr played stupid games and now he is going to get a stupid prize. Much like chasing someone with a rifle.

Maybe  that dopey St Johnstone fan has finally snapped. 🤷‍♂️