Black Lives Matter... in Scotland - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Black Lives Matter... in Scotland

lol. So I guess this makes 'sense' of Mox's behaviour here.

The Goon Brigade have obviously aligned themselves with these Antifa / BLM nobs.

While the 'Orange Brigade' have aligned themselves with the usual 'far right'  statue protecting orange walk nobs. 

FFS. All this faux outrage and foaming at the mouth garbage is just another ultra boring front in the OF wankfest that never ends.

Tits.

2 hours ago, aaid said:

Green Brigade turning up and getting everyone kettled at the end apparently b

Weren't the police just moaning about  social distancing lol, lets herd everyone into an enclosed space.

My  comment is based in ignorance though no idea what they did or didn't do.

4 hours ago, Dave78 said:

Noticed that.

You could almost hear the crowd collectively thinking 'uhhh, but i support Scottish independence, so, ummmm'....

I'm surprised they even tried to get that chant going in Glasgow. Makes the event look a bit "franchised".

It reminds me a bit of the time The 1975 (I think) were playing the Trnsmt festival and tried to get an "Oh, Jeremy Corbyn" chant going.  The crowd apparently responded with "Oh, Nicola Sturgeon"!

2 hours ago, aaid said:

Green Brigade turning up and getting everyone kettled at the end apparently b

Initially people were saying the footage was of far-righters turning up to cause trouble, and well done the polis for putting them in their place.

This quickly changed to "boo, the polis are picking on the poor, victimised Green Brigade".

If it was a genuine mistake then that's terrible, but turning up at an anti-racism demo looking so much like a group of far-right hooligans that even the polis and other people at the demo couldn't tell the difference wasn't the smartest thing to do.  Then again, the Green Brigade aren't often noted for being the cleverest of cookies.

10 minutes ago, scotlad said:

I'm surprised they even tried to get that chant going in Glasgow. Makes the event look a bit "franchised".

It reminds me a bit of the time The 1975 (I think) were playing the Trnsmt festival and tried to get an "Oh, Jeremy Corbyn" chant going.  The crowd apparently responded with "Oh, Nicola Sturgeon"!

Initially people were saying the footage was of far-righters turning up to cause trouble, and well done the polis for putting them in their place.

This quickly changed to "boo, the polis are picking on the poor, victimised Green Brigade".

If it was a genuine mistake then that's terrible, but turning up at an anti-racism demo looking so much like a group of far-right hooligans that even the polis and other people at the demo couldn't tell the difference wasn't the smartest thing to do.  Then again, the Green Brigade aren't often noted for being the cleverest of cookies.

From what I can gather and that's just what's been reported on MSM and social media.   The whole thing was pretty uneventful.  The demo passed off peacefully, there were a handful of Old Statue Matters guys at the back of George Square neat the cenotaph but they were being largely ignored and also there were plenty of police around anyway.  Towards the end, the Green Brigade tried to slope off into town, the got turned back and resulted in a whole load of people being kettled - which obviously isn't great for social distancing.   I'm pretty sure the police were aware of who they were dealing with and probably were acting to avoid any confrontation.   Of course the whole thing is being spun as the police not acting last week but acting today - which is fair enough, but what do they expect, when the police have been heavily criticised they're going to go - "ah we need to let this lot have a free go as we were shite last week".   As always with these muppets, if brains were dynamite.

Yesterday went pretty well until The Police as is their want tried to use violence and intimidation to 'get The Green Brigade'. At first they wouldn't allow entrance from Queen Street for a large group which was a fucking ludicrous decision. A few punters barged through and it got a wee bit tousy, nothing serious but entirely The Police fault 

The use of kettling peaceful protestors is entirely questionable anyway, so there needs to be an explanation as to who gave that order.

The Police behaviour yesterday was a throwback to a few years ago when they acted with impunity up and down the country week after week with little recrimination and yesterday was the same.

I believe there were People at the protest yesterday who are in the GB but there was no GB flags or banners that I could see. They let right wing fascists run wild on Wednesday but turn up organised and intimidate groups of peaceful protestors on the Saturday?

There were really good numbers and the old statue shaggers know that Glasgow will not stand for their shite, was great to see.

17 hours ago, scotlad said:

Hah, that reminds me of REM at Stirling castle (1999 i think).

Stipe is on stage by himself playing an acoustic guitar (really badly), and starts singing 'Swing low sweet chariot'. Flower of Scotland is sung back at him, as he looks on all confused.

1 hour ago, Dave78 said:

Stipe is on stage by himself playing an acoustic guitar (really badly), and starts singing 'Swing low sweet chariot'. Flower of Scotland is sung back at him, as he looks on all confused.

IIRC he asked the crowd:

"Am I singing some sad soccer song?"

"ENGLAND!" came the response.

"Oh!"

1 hour ago, Dave78 said:

All the great songs he's written and he decides to sing that - in Scotland?? :lol:

6 hours ago, Mox said:

I believe there were People at the protest yesterday who are in the GB but there was no GB flags or banners that I could see. 

I thought the BML one might be theirs.  

Anyone else see the banner at the man city match? Apparently paid for some right wing idiots in the burnley support. One of them has been identified, his girlfriend is in trouble for saying burnley centre is like a foriegn country.

Lancashire police are investigating the banner to see if a crime was committed.

Anyone qualified to say whether a crime was committed or not?

On another note, how stupid must the banner company be to send that plane up in the current climate

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Anyone else see the banner at the man city match? Apparently paid for some right wing idiots in the burnley support. One of them has been identified, his girlfriend is in trouble for saying burnley centre is like a foriegn country.

On another note, how stupid must the banner company be to send that plane up in the current climate

The outrage is fairly ridiculous and only gonna encourage similar stunts 

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Banner company probably just saw the pound signs, and probably charged more than usual as they knew they could get it

5 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

There shouldn't be any police action for the banner.

On 6/23/2020 at 6:21 PM, vanderark14 said:

I can't think what actual crime has been committed there (although, to be honest, I'm not qualified to say!). 

Seemingly the boy behind it has lost his job as a consequence of the banner though - as has his girlfriend. :blink:

33 minutes ago, scotlad said:

I can't think what actual crime has been committed there (although, to be honest, I'm not qualified to say!). 

Seemingly the boy behind it has lost his job as a consequence of the banner though - as has his girlfriend. :blink:

I'm pretty sure that police have concluded there was no law broken, they'd have had to go through the motions though.

As for the guy losing his job, well actions have consequences.  

For anyone interested Guy Birchall did a piece recently that is worth a read. 

Refugee with anti-homosexual history slaughters 3 gay men during Pride Month, but it’s TOO EARLY to speculate about homophobia?

Far-right hatred and terrorism in Britain is rightly condemned for what it is – indeed, people are often so quick to condemn it, they often turn out to have been mistaken. But for some reason, attacks perpetrated by suspected Islamic terrorists always require “more information.” Their ideology can’t have been the main motivating factor, it’s claimed. No, that would have to be “Western foreign policy” or “institutional racism” or “lack of opportunity.”

The simple answer as to why this happens has to be that it doesn’t fit in with the prevailing narrative. We’ve had weeks of Black Lives Matter protests in this country, following the death of a man 4,000 miles away. Yet three gay men are slaughtered in our own backyard and there’s not a hint of a protest – in fact, their deaths were lower on yesterday’s news agenda than the trailing of a potentially racist airplane banner.

Speculating on motivation can at times be dangerous, but for it to be done with impunity in one instance and actively stifled in another is a ridiculous double standard. What it reveals is that, for some reason, an ethnic-minority refugee turned potential Islamic terrorist outranks three gay men in the victimhood hierarchy, regardless of who is doing the stabbing and who is doing the dying.