Black Lives Matter... in Scotland - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Black Lives Matter... in Scotland

Every single person at that protest throughout the country should be denied any NHS treatment if we get a second wave of covid. 

Utter cunts, on both sides, from both sides of the border. 

Seen a video yesterday of a lassie making a mini report in Oxford about a statue being protested against. She asked one guy why he wanted to taken down and his response was “well I’m not sure who he is, but I’ve seen people in social media going in about him, so I want him down too”

Thats the future of our country there 🙄

But this just about sums it all up

64824461-C494-4213-8CD7-EF112184172F.jpeg

We have our problems up here no doubt but in England, you now have vast numbers of working class people voting Tory and fully embracing the very ethos of the party. Greed, arrogance, self interest and  entitlement, racist and a superiority complex.

What a shit show.   

5 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

There is a public inquiry ongoing regarding the death of Bayoh. 

The police union say drugs in his system is more relevant to his death and that his rsce played no part.

I hadn't realised that it was the 5th anniversary of his death, which happened to coincide last weekend with the George Floyd demonstrations. There are some uncanny parallels - dying while being restrained etc. In this case an unarmed man "restrained by up to nine police officers who used CS spray, pepper spray and batons." There must be a lot of people shocked by the Floyd death but many may not even know about Bayoh.

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

I love how they’re all going against gocernment advice and meeting up, yet wear face masks, just in case. 

I never read the thread, but I’ll assume it’s descended into “it was rangers fans” and “fuck off ya bheast”?

4 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Anyone that thinks the vandalism to the Bruce statue was in any way related to BLM is a goober 

Bruce lived before the slave trade that the protests are about. He fought a battle or two against the English. He was probably no more or less racist than any other king who fought a battle against another king. In fact, in those days people pledged loyalty to kings and queens, who wanted to be king or queen of as much territory as possible, not defined by race. Didn't Bruce side with the English on occasion; I thought he was of Norman stock; from a family of immigrants, or New Scots, if you like. It just doesn't make sense. Unless, I'm afraid to say, you are of the type who sees every Scottish symbol as anti-English therefore 'racist'.

Edited by exile

4 minutes ago, exile said:

Bruce lived before the slave trade that the protests are about. He fought a battle or two against the English. He was probably no more or less racist than any other king who fought a battle against another king. In fact, in those days people pledged loyalty to kings and queens, who wanted to be king or queen of as much territory as possible, not defined by race. Didn't Bruce side with the English on occasion; I thought he was of Norman stock; from a family of immigrants, or New Scots, if you like. It just doesn't make sense. Unless, I'm afraid to say, you are of the type who sees every Scottish symbol as anti-English therefore 'racist'.