Mid life crisis or impulsive? - Page 5 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Mid life crisis or impulsive?

On 6/6/2020 at 3:00 PM, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Just wondering if anybody has done something that others see as a mid life crisis or maybe impulsive or even regret? I'm in my early 50's and just bought a Royal Alloy scooter. My son and daughter in law have been giving me a hard time. 

Hah white water rafting and buying a scooter is ok I suppose. When I reached 40 I sold up my house in the UK and moved to Vancouver to work - impulsively. In the following 2 years I travelled to China, San Francisco, Hawaii, Toronto, etc and encountered a multitude of experiences. Can't do that now unfortunately, but if Covid lifts and you can travel, would recommend it

8 hours ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Must be easier getting all the bits when you have three to four birthdays a year 👍

There's that aye, but having a disposable income when yer older makes a big difference too eh?

Being young and skint is shite, but that's when ye can become a rock star.

When yer old and being able to afford instruments to be a rockstar no-one wants ye .